Anyone got tips to make employers not suspecting me slacking off work?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Hiya, it's me again! This time its not about my bad luck with electronics :D

Anyway,
This has happened multiple times, for office work and remote work, different companies, and span years.

It always ended with no issue after I submitted a report of my work each hour (its a pain to compile, but easy to do thanks to google activity history, windows timeline, file timestamp, etc), and/or after I showed that the hardware used for collecting field data automatically records time.

But I keep getting suspected for slacking off and/or padding work hours, multiple times, even with my work always submitted on time, sometimes faster than the deadline, and sometimes more complete than asked. I also refuse to put fake data into my reports (it's a normal occurrence for people to tell me to put fake data, and these whole data fakery shenanigans are kinda a normal thing nationwide....but that's another issue).

any tips to stop being suspected?

As a workaround, rather than compiling the report when asked, I'm putting my work into a table for each hour. so I can just send it when asked.

EDIT:
uh i just remembered, maybe this is my fault. Other workers always act as if they are busy even when they were actually not working, and just browsing social media and watching korean drama.

But for me, when I wait for the computer to finish doing its thing (rendering a video, photogrammetry, etc) I play with nintendo switch....

Okay, thats understandable. Why i was suspected.
Hmm... Now im even more curious, why i still got suspected even when im working remotely.

I had issues with time tracking at work at one point. I started to keep log of time I used in detailed fashion. That stopped most of the bullshit from flowing my way as at least my boss new exactly where my time went. I also got a lot faster computer due to this as I was able to show how time was wasted on waiting.

bigstock-Sleeping-businesswoman-coverin-269676556.jpg

uh i just remembered, maybe this is my fault. Other workers always act as if they are busy even when they were actually not working, and just browsing social media and watching korean drama.

But for me, when I wait for the computer to finish doing its thing (rendering a video, photogrammetry, etc) I play with nintendo switch.... Okay, thats understandable. Why i was suspected. Hmm... Now im even more curious, why i still got suspeced even when im working remotely.

There are broadly two types of manages when it comes to workloads. 1) the type of manager who doesn't care how or when you get your work done as long as it's done well and on time and anything else you squeeze in there to keep yourself sane is fine, 2) the type of manager who expects you to be active 100% of the time you are being paid.

I'm a type 1 manger but I have worked for type 2 managers before and pretty much the only thing you can do, if you have the kind of job that doesn't fill all the hours you are being paid to work, is to slow down what you can so that everything takes longer, then you are always visibly working and your work is still done to the required standard and on time.

Back