Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I wish we could see more interactive foliage with the short grass and deformation with the sand in the sequence.
Also noticed during the cutsene with the mamoth a change of lod with the grass near the end.
probably gonna be fixed. Or already is.
7suxJRt.gif

PC version of HZD added more foliage interaction than the base game.

Love the Jurrasic park easter egg here :

Water in the rivers has been upgraded significantly from the previous horizon. Also the waves rolling in the ocean and clouds are pretty dang nice. Looks like we also have clouds in lower altitude now. It's just that horizon does a zillion things instead of only one amazing thing. Devil is in details building up the whole.

Will be interesting to see how ps4 and ps4pro handle this title.

Last edited:
I dont know why some of you guys dont find it impressive. What were you expecting?
This is one of the best looking games ever and many of the things it does look better than anything else I ve seen

I agree but there's not a lot of competition at the same time.

This game + the new R&C are the best looking games right now and my personal preference goes to Horizon (visually).

I dont think people are saying it looks bad, but its just alright. It looks good, but theres not much reason to exaggerate about. After recent games like Alyx, Cyberpunk or Flight Sim, even console games like last of us 2, its going to be hard to match those pc games especially in rendering features. So this then is just a good looking game, but its not at the top or something out of the ordinary

Oh come on, people need to stop with Cyberpunk... this game is being constantly trolled on Internet due to its lack of polish + several bugs :

Some people really try too hard calling this game as the new Crysis while nobody believes it...

As for Horizon, i agree that it looks like a Pro++ version, but that's true for all next gen games as far i'm concerned.

Even ray tracing doesn't make a huge difference visually, no matter what marketing tries to tell us...

The only criticism I have is that the character looks a bit disconnected from the world a lot of the time, like the lighting doesn't quite match up. It's almost like a actor interacting with a green screen projected environment.
That's exactly what I was thinking the entire time while watching the video. So many things left to improve before release.

Oh come on, people need to stop with Cyberpunk... this game is being constantly trolled on Internet due to its lack of polish + several bugs :

Some people really try too hard calling this game as the new Crysis while nobody believes it...

As for Horizon, i agree that it looks like a Pro++ version, but that's true for all next gen games as far i'm concerned.

Even ray tracing doesn't make a huge difference visually, no matter what marketing tries to tell us...

Its incosistent, yes. It doesnt change the fact that its the number 1 game on the market in regards to both visual output and the tech underneath it. Ray tracing of course makes an enourmous difference, depending on the game and its implementation. You just need working eyes, marketing has nothing to do with it

Goddamit I want to play this now!

Isn't Aloy's face a little chubbier? Not uglier, but more baby-like?

The only criticism I have is that the character looks a bit disconnected from the world a lot of the time, like the lighting doesn't quite match up. It's almost like a actor interacting with a green screen projected environment.

Yes, it looks like Aloy "glows" in a way that doesn't always fit with the surroundings. Especially her hair.

This is kind of the wrong thread for versus. It will get real bad once someone brings up halo and what kind of reception it's going to get if horizon is barely better than ps4 games,...

This is kind of the wrong thread for versus. It will get real bad once someone brings up halo and what kind of reception it's going to get if horizon is barely better than ps4 games,...
Anyone thinking this is "barely better" than Zero Dawn is probably filling in the blanks on their memory of the first game.

Check out the timestamped comparisons. It's a generational leap.

Tons of polish required l keep seeing flaws from the first game they have not resolved. Very disappointed. As a game dev you can't those focus on getting the graphics/gameplay better, everything else around the game needs updating..

Tons of polish required l keep seeing flaws from the first game they have not resolved. Very disappointed. As a game dev you can't those focus on getting the graphics/gameplay better, everything else around the game needs updating..

That's exactly what guerrilla will be doing between now and release. Release probably being somewhere around November. Hopefully guerrilla doesn't go do cyberpunk with the release.

Will also be super interesting to see horizon 3 at some point. It will likely use ps5 as baseline and perhaps ps5 pro is out at that time. It's easy to forget these are games not offline renderers. Limitations apply, especially due to this game also working on ps4. For me graphics is non issue at his point. I'm sold on gameplay and story. I like story driven things and it looks like now aloy is much more part of the world with friends and clear(er) goal instead of being alone and lost in a huge world.

Aloy gained some weight.

You can see it in her calves, she looks like she picked up some muscle. I do wish they kept her face a bit slimmer, I noticed it immediately in the trailer that she face looks chunkier(as in fatter not muscular). That said, I still think she looks pretty(maybe it's because I have a thing for red heads).

I am surprised no on caught that she seemed to walk on air in the beginning(2m38 in the video). I also noticed that immediately in the trailer.

upload_2021-5-28_18-23-19.png

upload_2021-5-28_18-23-59.png

Back