Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Don't like how her clothing clips through her gear. But that's something too compute heavy to fix, it just stands out more when the rest looks so good.

Don't like how her clothing clips through her gear. But that's something too compute heavy to fix, it just stands out more when the rest looks so good.
This, and the hair clipping through the body, is probably the only thing that made me think PS4 from the footage. Insomniac has much better hair tech.

Last edited:

Funny the Insomniac community manager

CWTtdie.png

Art diector of GG confirms this is the same spot.

we saw huge open areas in the countdown video before the gameplay trailer, don't worry about "corridors"
Yeah there are no 'corridors' in a game where you can almost climb everything. The trailer was obviously very carefully constructed as "perfect" gameplay.
A video of me playing the game would basically look like a mess, with me trying to find where the heck I'm supposed to go, dying a few times, going the wrong way, and maybe getting to the end of the mission - it wouldn't be great material for a tight 14min gameplay reveal.

I dunno, i think similar videos like the countdown ones could be made for Shadow of the Tomb Raider which was the last game i played which had this corridor-feeling open world and that games mobility moveset is also not super dissimilar from HFW from what i can tell what with the grappling hook and ledge climbing and so on.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Out of Demon's souls all first party exclusive used 30 fps mode for trailer and all have a performance 60 fps mode.

Sure, i just wish it was top priority i guess.

I dunno, i think similar videos like the countdown ones could be made for Shadow of the Tomb Raider which was the last game i played which had this corridor-feeling open world and that games mobility moveset is also not super dissimilar from HFW from what i can tell what with the grappling hook and ledge climbing and so on.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Sure, i just wish it was top priority i guess.
Tomb Raider is not 'open world' in the way that HZD or Assassins Creed are. Have you played the game?

The only criticism I have is that the character looks a bit disconnected from the world a lot of the time, like the lighting doesn't quite match up. It's almost like a actor interacting with a green screen projected environment.
I thought so too. It almost looks like Aloy has her own beauty light following her everywhere, her face/head is always perfectly lit from above and it does look a bit disconnected.

Back