Accurate Human Rendering in Game [2019-2021]

ZATOJF.png

ZAT9xv.png

MJQUXfO.png

xQ7xJEh.png

Is it me or is GG not turning off SSS in regular gameplay?

Reactions: snc
Is it me or is GG not turning off SSS in regular gameplay?

They already didn't do that in the original, I'm assuming they are using a cheaper shader (without peach fuzz maybe), but maybe not, hard to tell from a compressed youtube video :p

peachfuzzuekda.png

It's definitely there in the finish animations during gameplay so maybe it's a lod thing.

Also has still this uncanny valley problem. The face looks good but the face animations don't. Still looks really stiff, I hope they can solve that.
This is one point that breaks the atmosphere for me in part one. It just always looks like something is just not right.

Has that ps4 vibe to it while also looking ps5-ish. A fully native next gen version would been more like rift apart in fidelity, like the playable ue5 demo.

Finally! An update to this thread.

I hope they really keep the facial hair because they removed that from the original Zero Dawn trailer.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2021/...?ncid=so-yout-405983#cid=sigg21_so-yout_en-us

From Our Kitchen to Yours: NVIDIA Omniverse Changes the Way Industries Collaborate

Talk about a magic trick. One moment, NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang was holding forth from behind his sturdy kitchen counter.

The next, the kitchen and everything in it slid away, leaving Huang alone with the audience and NVIDIA’s DGX Station A100, a glimpse at an alternate digital reality.

For most, the metaverse is something seen in sci-fi movies. For entrepreneurs, it’s an opportunity. For gamers, a dream.

For NVIDIA artists, researchers and engineers on an extraordinarily tight deadline last spring, it was where they went to work — a shared virtual world they used to tell their story and a milestone for the entire company.

Designed to inform and entertain, NVIDIA’s GTC keynote is filled with cutting-edge demos highlighting advancements in supercomputing, deep learning and graphics.

---

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2021/...?ncid=so-yout-405983#cid=sigg21_so-yout_en-us

From Our Kitchen to Yours: NVIDIA Omniverse Changes the Way Industries Collaborate

Talk about a magic trick. One moment, NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang was holding forth from behind his sturdy kitchen counter.

The next, the kitchen and everything in it slid away, leaving Huang alone with the audience and NVIDIA’s DGX Station A100, a glimpse at an alternate digital reality.

For most, the metaverse is something seen in sci-fi movies. For entrepreneurs, it’s an opportunity. For gamers, a dream.

For NVIDIA artists, researchers and engineers on an extraordinarily tight deadline last spring, it was where they went to work — a shared virtual world they used to tell their story and a milestone for the entire company.

Designed to inform and entertain, NVIDIA’s GTC keynote is filled with cutting-edge demos highlighting advancements in supercomputing, deep learning and graphics.

---
Absolutely insane.

---
OK - when they did the camera pan initially at GTC - i thought they stop framed the image and made a CG version of the scene just for the final frame as a gag. I literally, never, ever in 1 million years would have guessed the entire freaking presentation was not real. This is beyond the pale. Incredible rendering and performance.

Article from DSOG

Ziva Dynamics has released a beta version of ZRT Face Trainer; a new machine-learning-trained cloud-based facial rigging. In order to showcase its capabilities, Ziva released a GIF that shows the most realistic human expressions you’ve seen in a real-time sequence.

This push for rapid development of VR and AR in the context of creating a Mera-Verse-like world is creeping me out. We are gonna become the humans from Wall-e. And we are gonna like it, like the winpy-ass cowards that we are. Its depressing to see it happen, and not be enough of a force to stop it. All I can do is mock it, but I know that won't stop all the 20 year old virgins that already happily live 90% of their human interactions through fortnite to say I'm just old and don't get it.
I fear this stuff, in the longer run (centuries), helps pave the way to a possible trans-humanist extinction of actual biological humans.

This push for rapid development of VR and AR in the context of creating a Mera-Verse-like world is creeping me out. We are gonna become the humans from Wall-e. And we are gonna like it, like the winpy-ass cowards that we are. Its depressing to see it happen, and not be enough of a force to stop it. All I can do is mock it, but I know that won't stop all the 20 year old virgins that already happily live 90% of their human interactions through fortnite to say I'm just old and don't get it.
I fear this stuff, in the longer run (centuries), helps pave the way to a possible trans-humanist extinction of actual biological humans.

Good, human biology is ass and we need to scrap the whole thing.
Future is now old man I can't wait to start doing daily Vr combat drills

Back