Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I didn't belive crossgen can look that good, for me it was definitly more impressive than ratchet gameplay, curious how ps4 version looks/is possible

My bet is massively cut back on character rendering, and lod, and foliage and...

Reactions: snc
Perhaps it's just because I'm watching on a tiny phone screen but that looked mind blowingly good to me. Looking forward to seeing it on a big screen in the morning.

I didn't belive crossgen can look that good, for me it was definitly more impressive than ratchet gameplay, curious how ps4 version looks/is possible

It doesnt have the same wow effect as rift apart i think, on the other hand forbidden west is open world and jungle rendering etc much harder to do. For me personally i like forbidden wests graphics most due to the setting, and the dinosaur machines look out of this world. Going to be PS5 playthrough and the PC version aswell. These devs deserve it, oustanding gameplay and graphics while doing something new.

Looks nice, like an improved Horizon Zero dawn. The most notable (next-gen) improvement is the character animations during cutscenes, this is so much more natural than with the first game, they really did a great job. The underwater gameplay also looked promising.

But showing 30fps footage was a mistake. The combat is so fast, you lose tons of details at only 30fps. I have being more impressed graphically by Demon's souls. At least there was super cool ray tracing and SSD showcase in Ratchet but here everything seems like a slight improvement from the Pro game. Yes I platinumed Horizon on Pro, I know how incredible the game can look. The next improvement should have being 60fps, particularly as the game is cross-gen and we are right into diminushing returns at 30fps with their engine.

It still really REALLY puzzles me why people think cross gen would not look incredibly good? We have decades of proof in the PC realm that if a developer wants to target the latest and greatest hardware to exploit, that it's still quite possible to then downscale it in multiple different ways for it to run on older less powerful and less capable hardware.

I mean, literally no-one that has played games on the PC for the past 2+ decades should in any way be surprised that cross-gen can look just as good as a non-cross-gen title.

[edit]
looks amazing only dissapointment no interactivity with folliage (only with tall grass like in first one)

The foliage does react to her, it's just not greatly exaggerated as you'd see in some titles.

Although looking at it again, it seems pretty inconsistent. Some vegetation just doesn't do anything when she moves through it.

Regards,
SB

It still really REALLY puzzles me why people think cross gen would not look incredibly good? We have decades of proof in the PC realm that if a developer wants to target the latest and greatest hardware to exploit, that it's still quite possible to then downscale it in multiple different ways for it to run on older less powerful and less capable hardware.
SB
couse never beefore I have seen crossgen console game that looks nextgen, always we had to wait for new games targeting only new consoles, and pc is not best example as usually upgrades are just higher res/more fps and some minor improvements etc (like horizon1 pc doesn't magicaly looks like horizon 2)
The foliage does react to her, it's just not greatly exaggerated as you'd see in some titles.
yeah after second look it does interact just as you said not always, maybe they will improve it in final game

I didn't notice any notable visual flaw, it looks really good although i still don't see a generational leap.

If the frame rate is ok in the final version, they'll will have done a good job.

I was never impressed by CP, so this game obviously looks better to me : i think we can seafely say there's nothing looking better than that right now.

Reactions: snc
Looks a bit worse than the reveal trailer. Still very nice looking for a cross gen title. PS4 version going to require some significant cutbacks to geometry density. I love the movement and animation of Alloy.

looks good, look forward to this one.
They made my boy skinnier in the face mang. And what's up with not starting off with my shield armor? I only spent hours looking for those damn cells.
DISAPPOINTED!

Graphics are a nice lift, Aloy has some face fuzz which is a nice touch. New landscapes. I like the underwater stuff, as that was not really much of a thing in the original, very limited.

The gameplay, yea, I dunno if you guys play like that, I'm sure it's meant to be. But everything dies by just sitting back and sniping people from range. Robots? No worries, run in a straight line and drop traps. Turn around, tear arrow and good bye armor.

A lot of that seemed way more fun than the way I play it but... I can't help it... if mashing A will get you to victory then... why bother getting fancy.

The gameplay, yea, I dunno if you guys play like that, I'm sure it's meant to be. But everything dies by just sitting back and sniping people from range. Robots? No worries, run in a straight line and drop traps. Turn around, tear arrow and good bye armor.

I hope they manage enemy AI in a way that makes this approach not usable. At least in this video the enemies followed eloy around. I wonder if the AI can work as a real smart pack and try to surround aloy or use other team feats. Maybe even different types of robot working together, flying scouts? Would be cool -- -- cool, cool.

I hope they manage enemy AI in a way that makes this approach not usable. At least in this video the enemies followed eloy around. I wonder if the AI can work as a real smart pack and try to surround aloy or use other team feats. Maybe even different types of robot working together, flying scouts? Would be cool -- -- cool, cool.
yea, and I feel for designers because I know they want to make combat cool and flowish. Some TLOU2 and HZD combat clips come to mind.

But there's always a min/max build, or flexible play styles to meet everyone's criteria. I generally did not enjoy the melee path because it's easy to be overwhelmed, and tear arrows and 3x fire arrows are OP. So that was the game plan for all my enemies.

I'm not sure if they can make it too hard, it will likely be the same I think.

untitled-2gkkyl.gif

EDIT:

hgV1vpI.png

lombard-street-em-san-francisco.jpg

Back