Future Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

Oh, Mist survival looks like a worthy punt - thanks!
That's a game I wish I liked. It just didn't grab me and like most games in the genre, it felt unfinished. Although, to be fair, it was unfinished when I played it. I know they've added a lot to it since and I should revisit it. If you want to check it out it's often on sale at Fanatical.

That's a game I wish I liked. It just didn't grab me and like most games in the genre, it felt unfinished. Although, to be fair, it was unfinished when I played it. I know they've added a lot to it since and I should revisit it. If you want to check it out it's often on sale at Fanatical.
Too late, £8 seemed cheap enough for a punt - seems a pretty good foundation, this is a one man band I believe? Either way I’ll get my moneys worth.

While watching a few videos for tips I stumbled on Night of the dead, that looks pretty good too...essentially mix 7 days with a tower defence game - looks like it could be fun, especially in co-op. Just not sure I want to take a £20 punt

I'm not sure Sony had many options when it comes to releasing The Show on multiple platforms. In order to retain licensing from MLB and its associated organizations this is the deal Sony agreed upon. At least that's how I understand it. Nobody plays hardball better than MLB.

Sony releasing their content on PC makes sense from the perspective of extra profits. Their games are generally regarded well and are likely to sell decent on PC. If the return is greater than the cost of porting then it's kind of a no brainer. It also makes good business sense in that it allows them an additional revenue stream that has large potential for growth.

There will always be a (large) pc market out there, which is only growing. Its a market where sony and studios can gain from, now and in the future.

Sony conservs should be happy. PC gamers get to add extra funds for 2-3 year PS5 exclusives.

This is the thing. With PC, you can support more $ in 1st party development.

MS putting it's Xbox exclusives on PC (which we need to understand as "Microsoft Windows" to understand part of their motivation) was actually likely to be a advantage for them. Sony sort of had to counter it.

Plus I think that there's an argument the more platform agnostic a game is the more popular it can be (see Minecraft, Fortnight)

Days Gone System Requirements is up on Steam, same as Horizon Zero Dawn by the way.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K@3.3GHz or AMD FX 6300@3.5GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4 GB)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 70 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD for storage and 16 GB of memory is recommended
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K@3.5GHz or Ryzen 5 1500X@3.5GHz
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8 GB)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 70 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD for storage is recommended

Like Demon's souls it is an error in the video

I think that's more than likely. However I don't think the current lack of a Demons Souls port is good evidence of this. I have no interest in DS whatsoever (but would love to get a version of R&C on PC) but I think it's far more likely that the PC will see a version of DS than R&C simply because R&C is THE system seller on PS5 right now and likely for a good while yet.

I think that's more than likely. However I don't think the current lack of a Demons Souls port is good evidence of this. I have no interest in DS whatsoever (but would love to get a version of R&C on PC) but I think it's far more likely that the PC will see a version of DS than R&C simply because R&C is THE system seller on PS5 right now and likely for a good while yet.

I don't expect any PS5 game to release on PC for a long time at least 3 years and maybe before a PS6 release. I expect for at least the next three years game to release on PC to be PS4 port.

Sony revenue and profit comes mostly from third party royalties on games and DLC.

Last edited:
THE system seller on PS5 right now and likely for a good while yet.
Yeah if I had a hell of a lot more disposable income, I would get the PS5 just to look at this game, platformers are my least favorite genre but looking at this A childhood dream of mine is finally realized, dragons lair ignited it (not really a game), but here I can finally take part in a 3d cartoon world

I don't expect any PS5 game to release on PC for a long time at least 3 years and maybe before a PS6 release. I expect for at least the next three years game to release on PC to be PS4 port.

Sony revenue and profit comes mostly from third party royalties on games and DLC.

There were plenty of PS4 exclusive games released on PC within the PS4's lifespan. I only see that increasing this gen. I suspect you might be right about it being a while before we see any PS5 exclusives on the PC but I'd expect the timescale to be more like 1 year than 3. And certainly not 6. We're currently still very much in the cross gen period (which seems to have extended significantly this generation likely due to COVID and the focus on backwards compatibility). But once that period is over, the interest from PC gamers in "last gen" console games is likely to wane significantly. That is unless they are properly remade with modern graphics.

Like Demon's souls it is an error in the video

Error or not (thats up to debate, could be accidential), theres more and more PS games coming to pc, even a playstation boss himself said we can see more of that in the future.
I dont see any reason for sony not to, with the pc platform, their exclusives can stretch their legs beyond whats possible on the PS5 in all regards.

There were plenty of PS4 exclusive games released on PC within the PS4's lifespan. I only see that increasing this gen. I suspect you might be right about it being a while before we see any PS5 exclusives on the PC but I'd expect the timescale to be more like 1 year than 3. And certainly not 6. We're currently still very much in the cross gen period (which seems to have extended significantly this generation likely due to COVID and the focus on backwards compatibility). But once that period is over, the interest from PC gamers in "last gen" console games is likely to wane significantly. That is unless they are properly remade with modern graphics.

There are only Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding and Days Gone in the big AAA Sony Games. Tons of other game can have a PC port Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy, TLOU remake, TLOU2, Bloodborne, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Ratchet and Clank 2016. I don't count Drive Club, Infamous Second Son and Killzone Shadow Fall because I think the franchise will not have a new episode for a long time. And on average the port comes 3 years out of Death Stranding. And it was from the get go sure to have a PC version because it was a deal with Kojima Productions.

Again Sony games commecial cycle is around three years on a console. I don't think one year after Sony will release any PS5 games but the day you understand than Sony first party games is not the main revenue of Sony but this is third party royalties. It is easy understand why Sony need a solid exclusivity window on console. PC is an additional revenue, the most important for Sony is to make the PS5 sexy and for this they need exclusive game. If Sony had a popular app store on PC and when I say popular it means as popular as Steam. This would not be a problem. They would release day one on PS5 and PC.

Last edited:
Oh wow, bolded text and all. I sense some insecurity. It doesnt matter at all, its only more profits for Sony lol calm down. You cant deny the fact that more Sony titles appear on PC, as compared to previous generations. Its a clear trend in special considering what Sony themselfs have said.

Oh wow, bolded text and all. I sense some insecurity. It doesnt matter at all, its only more profits for Sony lol calm down. You cant deny the fact that more Sony titles appear on PC, as compared to previous generations. Its a clear trend in special considering what Sony themselfs have said.

This is just level headed thinking and being at least clever. Read the last Sony financial report and PC port is a tiny part of Sony profit and revenue. The main part is the PSN and third party royalties. This is much bigger than first party title too and last year they released Ghost of Tsushina and TLOU2 and they gave revenue and this is nothing compared to PSN third party revenue and profit but much higher than PC port revenue.

They will release more titles on PC and they have a large backlog of PS4 titles to do it.

If PSN was existing on PC and was very popular Sony would release games day one on it. This is not the case, the main store is Steam.

For first party studio I think they will let at least 3 years between console release and PC release like HZD 2017 and 2020 and Days Gone 2019 and 2021. Maybe they will wait PS6 announcement we will know for sure in 2023 if we begin or no to see some PS5 Sony title release on PC.

Last edited:
This is just level headed thinking and being at least clever. Read the last Sony financial report and PC port is a tiny part of Sony profit and revenue. The main part is the PSN and third party royalties. This is much bigger than first party title too and last year they released Ghost of Tsushina and TLOU2 and they gave revenue and this is nothing compared to PSN third party revenue and profit.

They said they will release more titles on PC and they have a large backlog of PS4 titles to do it.

If PSN was existing on PC and was very popular Sony would release games day one on it. This is not the case, the main store is Steam.

Level headed thinking isn't just completely denying something right of the bat. Im simply looking back over the past 20+ years and im clearly seeing a trend there. MS basically had the same trend before but slowly started wanting more profits by releasing their exclusives on pc aswell (10 years ago).

Im sure that, releasing not 2 or 3 years later, but sooner or simultaneously, proifts on pc could be higher. Also, this is just the start for Sony, things like this dont just give huge results over a year or two. Such things are long term investments and they need to start somewhere. its short sighted to just look at todays numbers.
Obviously, the pc gaming platform is a very large market (the largest of them all), not grabbing a piece of that seems a good idea.

Also, closed box systems aint the future in the (very) long term, somewhere, we wont be seeing that anymore. Working slowly towards that i assume.

I agree on the Steam store, but i think Sony has a potentional to penetrate that market if executed well enough, perhaps with their own store or a colabration with say Epic or Steam.
Look, this isnt about platform warring, Sony obviously is 'experimenting' with this, may it be to 'flock gamers' or to expand their market cap. Only time will tell.
One thing is for sure, the pc gaming market will always exist in large numbers, MS has a cake in it with their games, Sony might want aswell.

The notion of they will only use 'PS4 games to do it', theres no such statement from sony as far i know.

MS revealed that Xbox console buisness was not profitable though. It's a bit different.
I can see sony accelerating things if ps5/PSN is not profitable enough. But not in the near future.

Back