Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

don't think so , they can sit in a box for awhile before sold at retail.

Why whats up
Doesn't it say on the card itself?
I'd be surprised if they all don't have an expiry period.

There was a gaming event in my country and Microsoft gave away thousands of codes to try Game Pass for PC (stackable 30 days codes that works even if you already have a subscription) and I got 15 codes. They didn't tell anything about expiration. Xbox's support said that theres nothing on their system about an expiration date (I gave a code for them to check it and it appears as N/A). I already have 36 months stacked, and it would be cool if I could save the last 10 codes to redeem them month a month. But if it is likely that the codes will expire in a month or three, I think it's better to give them away then having it expiring in my hands.

There was a gaming event in my country and Microsoft gave away thousands of codes to try Game Pass for PC (stackable 30 days codes that works even if you already have a subscription) and I got 15 codes. They didn't tell anything about expiration. Xbox's support said that theres nothing on their system about an expiration date (I gave a code for them to check it and it appears as N/A). I already have 36 months stacked, and it would be cool if I could save the last 10 codes to redeem them month a month. But if it is likely that the codes will expire in a month or three, I think it's better to give them away then having it expiring in my hands.
they are bound per account on the type of code that they are.

If it's a code to just add 30 days, you can use them all before expiry and hold up to 2 years of subscription. If they are bound that you can only use one of these codes per account, then after you apply the first one, the next ones will be invalid. From the sounds of it though, they aren't bound, so you can freely use them without worrying about expiry.

If that's what they told you then I guess your ok.
By the sounds of it though, you can just redeem one a month so that you stay at the 3 years. Starting from next month, when your down from the maximum.

Last edited:
DA:I at 60fps does make the game much more enjoyable and I think I will be able to wrap up the expansions here at last.

The 16x AF really helps bring the picture together. Even though 900p, oblique angles look better than outriders @4K LOL

PpcuWlM.jpg
loop hole closed

yup just hoping no one gets caught up in buying it and thinking they would be able to get a bunch of extra time.

I'm curious what we end up with on how Ubisoft+ turns out. Will they go with Ubisoft+ Lite or Ubisoft+ Basic, primary difference being the cutoff date of 18 months old or 12 months old. {{ That is if I remember the leaked survey questions correctly. }}

I'm curious what we end up with on how Ubisoft+ turns out. Will they go with Ubisoft+ Lite or Ubisoft+ Basic, primary difference being the cutoff date of 18 months old or 12 months old. {{ That is if I remember the leaked survey questions correctly. }}

I think EA , UBI and others have the benefit of seeing the absolute cluster fuck (pardon my french) that is tv/movie apps. Disney + missed projections , ATT can't get rid of Warners / HBO max fast enough and there are a ton of other platforms that are struggling. So i think the industry is learning the advantage of first mover or first to get it right. MS is in a postion where they are really pushing this hard and the platform is moving. I bet its over 30m by the end of the year and you don't even need a dedicated console or pc to enjoy these games. I think you will see more companies just sign deals with bigger platforms. I am sure when Sony gets their service in order they will make deals with EA and other companies too to reach parity.

I think EA , UBI and others have the benefit of seeing the absolute cluster fuck (pardon my french) that is tv/movie apps. Disney + missed projections , ATT can't get rid of Warners / HBO max fast enough and there are a ton of other platforms that are struggling. So i think the industry is learning the advantage of first mover or first to get it right. MS is in a postion where they are really pushing this hard and the platform is moving. I bet its over 30m by the end of the year and you don't even need a dedicated console or pc to enjoy these games. I think you will see more companies just sign deals with bigger platforms. I am sure when Sony gets their service in order they will make deals with EA and other companies too to reach parity.
I'm skeptical Sony will be willing to do what MS is and go device agnostic and risk day one sales of their first party. And without that I don't think their service goes anywhere. MS will push for exclusivity deals, and Sony won't have the numbers to make that unattractive.

(Also if the Switch thing ends up being real, I'd be willing to bet 50-60 million by the end of next year)

I'm skeptical Sony will be willing to do what MS is and go device agnostic and risk day one sales of their first party. And without that I don't think their service goes anywhere. MS will push for exclusivity deals, and Sony won't have the numbers to make that unattractive.

(Also if the Switch thing ends up being real, I'd be willing to bet 50-60 million by the end of next year)

It depends on how the switch is handled. The switch has a terrible wifi chip and so xcloud would not be a good fit. So it would hve to be games that work on the switch natively.

I think your right about sony but at some point they will get forced into it. It will be hard to counter a play on xbox , pc , apple , andriod , switch and so on vs buy it and play it only on playstation hardware and stream to your pc.

Will be interesting to see what happens

It depends on how the switch is handled. The switch has a terrible wifi chip and so xcloud would not be a good fit. So it would hve to be games that work on the switch natively.

I think your right about sony but at some point they will get forced into it. It will be hard to counter a play on xbox , pc , apple , andriod , switch and so on vs buy it and play it only on playstation hardware and stream to your pc.

Will be interesting to see what happens
Several Switch titles are already cloud streamed, like Control, so I don't think it'll be that big of a problem.

And if Sony only moves when they're forced to, it'll probably be way too late for them. But yeah, we'll see. They're probably going to land worse off in direct console sales vs Xbox than they did last gen, but I think they'll still be pretty dominant. MS needs the transistion to device agnostic to go well to really be able to get their numbers to explode and it's still a bit up in the air if it will.

They also have a branding problem. Playstation is generally viewed as catering to a wider audience. That's part of why Switch would be a big win. The demographics are different there, so it's not just expanding the install base, it's also expanding brand reach to a very different audience.

This could be pretty major is true.

If this is true it means 1 of 2 things

1) MS is willing to pay a lot to ea for this

2) EA is finding big success on game pass without having a big pay out from MS

Been kind of thinking about this since outside of MS first party games, DLC is almost never included with GP games (usually only with Year 1 editions and the like that include all DLC with the retail game). MS has said that they have flexible financial agreements for Game Pass on a game by game and developer by developer basis. I'd be interesting if, in a play to get more day 1 AAA games on the service that they offer publishers something like...
  • MS won't take any share of DLC sales revenue - all of it goes to the publisher.
  • If DLC sales are above X amount then MS doesn't pay the publisher anything and/or some form of sliding scale.
That benefits both MS and large publishers. For MS, they potentially lose a lot of revenue from DLC sales of games that are on Game Pass. OTOH - more day 1 AAA games = potentially a lot more people wanting to sign up for Game Pass and much more importantly more people that will want to keep their subscription going year around.

For publishers
  • You potentially lose out on an up front or residual payment scheme from MS.
  • You potentially gain a much larger user base for your game. I could see potentially 50-100% more players engaged in the game if it's on GP day 1.
  • More user engaged in your game day 1 means more potential DLC revenue.
    • For people playing on Game Pass, if they like your game, there's a potential that (if they are like me) they'll consider spending more money on DLC since they get to play the game for "free".
    • Overall could be a significant increase in revenue as DLC for some AAA games brings in more revenue than the actual sale of the game.
This wouldn't be a consideration obviously for games that either don't have DLC or have DLC that doesn't come out until after, say, a year has gone by.

Regards,
SB

maybe that lower split is only if your on gamepass ? Put your game on game pass and MS only takes a 15% split from any sales on the game or content for it ? otherwise no game pass and 30% ?

Back