What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody else (re)playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition? I've not revisited the original Mass Effect for soooo long. I was never a fan of the classic Bioware dice/RNG/RPG combat mechanics so the changes made to the first game really work for me - plus much needed changes to the UI. It is a shame they could not offer both original and new mechanics (like Total War Rome Remastered) for those who preferred the original approach but c'est la vie..

SB - no comment necessary :nope:

You can't get away with just putting in a SB disclaimer. :devilish:

That said, listening to some people who have played some of it. The remaster is disappointing in ways other than EA should be burned to the ground for turning ME into a shooter series.

I'm hearing that the only remastered bits are the first sections in the games and then the graphics for the rest of the games are basically almost unchanged.

Likewise, I'm also hearing that content has been removed from some of the games.

That said, because of my well known feelings about the direction that EA took the games, I haven't really been following them. Just hearing what streamers have said while I watch them play other games.

As to having the option of both styles of play (RPG or Shooter), that would be nice, but considering almost all of the RPG focused personnel that made Bioware great are gone, I have no faith that Bioware can actually do justice in putting RPG mechanics into the later ME games. Hell, I don't even have faith that Bioware can even make a good RPG anymore.

Regards,
SB

You can't get away with just putting in a SB disclaimer. :devilish:

That said, listening to some people who have played some of it. The remaster is disappointing in ways other than EA should be burned to the ground for turning ME into a shooter series. I'm hearing that the only remastered bits are the first sections in the games and then the graphics for the rest of the games are basically almost unchanged.

I bought ME:LE on PS4 (running on PS5), previously I played ME1-3 on PC with controller and texture mods (MEUITM for ME1 and ME2). I just finished Virmire and the game looks better than the modded original on PC. There is simply no comparison so it's definitely not true that Bioware only remastered the first parts of the games. :nope:

Likewise, I'm also hearing that content has been removed from some of the games.

I only played the base games without DLC but I've not noticed anything missing but have had missions I don't recall which are probably DLC. EA were upfront about the Pinnacle Station DLC being omitted because the data for this DLC was corrupted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I only played the base games without DLC but I've not noticed anything missing but have had missions I don't recall which are probably DLC. EA were upfront about the Pinnacle Station DLC being omitted because the data for this DLC was corrupted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pinnacle station was one of the things. There was some other things mentioned that I don't remember. One thing that I did remember was a lot of anger that an extended a** shot of Miranda (I think it was Miranda) was cut. :p I imagine the infamous camel toe shot was likely cut or modified as well. :D

Regards,
SB

One thing that I did remember was a lot of anger that an extended a** shot of Miranda (I think it was Miranda) was cut. :p I imagine the infamous camel toe shot was likely cut or modified as well. :D
This stuff doesn't bother me because it was frankly, just creepy. Knowing they made the Miranda arse-cam changes I was surprised when a similar shot in ME1 of the Consort walking up the stairs look unchanged. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing the Scarlet Nexus demo on Xbox One X.

My brain is way too old to process all the stuff going on simultaneously. Fortunately, the game is "button mash" friendly.
Very nice looking 4K presentation on One X. Although I wish it had a lower resolution performance mode option, too.

Having not killed enough enough hideous space monster in Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Gears of War.

Which I've not played since 2007. Before I owned a PlayStation 3..

edit: no scratch that. I had assumed the Ultimate Edition would have had FPS Boost but it doesn't and moving from 60fps Mass Effect to 30fps Gears of War is a :nope:

Straight into Gears 5 then. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing Subnautica: Below Zero as I loved the first one. The truck concept is ok, not as epic as getting the Goliath but definitely versatile.

I also just started playing Snowrunner since it came out on Game pass PC. I liked Mudrunner with the little I played it and this is definitely an evolution and improvement on the game structure.

Having not killed enough enough hideous space monster in Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Gears of War.

Which I've not played since 2007. Before I owned a PlayStation 3..

edit: no scratch that. I had assumed the Ultimate Edition would have had FPS Boost but it doesn't and moving from 60fps Mass Effect to 30fps Gears of War is a :nope:

Straight into Gears 5 then. :yes:

I'm kind of surprised that MS hasn't gone through to ensure that all of their past generation first party games run at 60+ FPS with at least FPS Boost on XBS-X.

Regards,
SB

I'm kind of surprised that MS hasn't gone through to ensure that all of their past generation first party games run at 60+ FPS with at least FPS Boost on XBS-X.

Me too, perhaps Microsoft are focusing on titles based on how much they are being played and the Gears remaster is way down that list.

Finished Bodycount.
Damned game has a bug in the final boss fight that prevents you from progressing unless you quit and restart each time you reach another damage plateau against her.

Just working my way through the various ending for Cyberpunk, started Odyssey again but I'm going to finish the Druid expansion for Valhalla on the PS5 before I really get into anything else on the PC.

I've hit that point where, again, I can't figure out what I want to play. I have thousands of games I haven't played yet, plus gamepass, and I'm spending my free time playing Doom .Wads

Been doing a little retro gaming myself
Alien vs Predator Gold (1999) and amazingly it supports 32:10 aspect ratio just fine
Incredibly good game.
Marine campaign must be one of the most intense fps campaigns ever. (Never got through it, perhaps one day..)

The original version (pre patch) didnt allow you to save now you have 7(i think) saves available
What makes it so intense is that you are never safe, in most fps's you can clear out an area of bad guys and then relax safe in the knowledge that nothing will attack you, but avp will always keep the level populated with enemies.
ps: if you need a savegame with all the levels unlocked let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back