Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I don't think gt7 need rt so much, its need more sharper and stable image, day night cycle and much better environment details like 3d trees, bushes etc

The GT7 footage was already 4k native and was a sharper image than GTSport, that didn't help it look drastically better than GTSport. If PD can also implement ray-traced global illumination then we can have dynamic day night cycle and still get close to visual quality of GTSport's baked lightmaps. Direct-lighting and shadows were already real-time in GTSport. Agree with environment details.

The GT7 footage was already 4k native and was a sharper image than GTSport, that didn't help it look drastically better than GTSport. If PD can also implement ray-traced global illumination then we can have dynamic day night cycle and still get close to visual quality of GTSport's baked lightmaps. Direct-lighting and shadows were already real-time in GTSport. Agree with environment details.
I will have to check it on my tv, it should be easy to catch difference between 4k vs 1800p cb

Really?
Was trying to fing self reflections, but didn't notice obvious ones.

Nice to be wrong.

Yea the beginning scene clips happens pretty quickly so it could be hard to tell at first.

gt7deletel0jer.jpg

In honor of the Nurburgring GP being the current “daily” race C (and it’s a good one, even though I’m terrible at it), check out this vaguely relevant (they drive part of the GP circuit I assume for the longer pit lane, so you can recognize some corners) footage of Kevin Estre going from P11 to P2 (not P1) in the Nurburgring 24h in the wet. It’s ~20mins but mesmerizing. Standout moments:
overtake at 12:55 and incredible save at 17:50

I've just seen this on reddit where it shows some statistics with GT Sport running on the base PS4 and it's quite surprising.

You would've thought the game would be pushing the system to the limit, but this is showing over 30% unused cpu and over 40% ram across a wide range of tracks with maximum cars.

https://preview.redd.it/5qyec0r7li5...bp&s=fd4b0199a2d41ede13487b81b56a421a019f1306

Surely with this they could make some noticeable improvements in GT7? Hackers have already shown GTS on base PS4 running with 38 cars with wet weather showing no negative impact on framerate.

GT games were on top off the list of racing games in the PS1 and PS2 era, then i think they've lost it since the PS3 era.

They always get the photorealist look right during replays, but were lacking in most other parts (track details, sounds, etc...)
at least GTS improved a lot in the sound departement.

Nice.
Yes, I have no doubt Ps4 version will be good.

Question is if the Ps5 version has unique features beyond those of Ps4.
Something like advanced physics, changing time of day and so on..
This may mean that not all races can be played on both platforms or against each other online.

I've just seen this on reddit where it shows some statistics with GT Sport running on the base PS4 and it's quite surprising.

You would've thought the game would be pushing the system to the limit, but this is showing over 30% unused cpu and over 40% ram across a wide range of tracks with maximum cars.

https://preview.redd.it/5qyec0r7li5...bp&s=fd4b0199a2d41ede13487b81b56a421a019f1306

Surely with this they could make some noticeable improvements in GT7? Hackers have already shown GTS on base PS4 running with 38 cars with wet weather showing no negative impact on framerate.
Cool. Here’s the Reddit thread (or at least the one I’ve found), though it has zero comments.

I was surprised to learn that GTS has client-side multiplayer, which I guess is what some of that CPU overhead could be used for? It would explain the crap penalty system.

GT Sport still looks amazing even or especially while playing, especially the HDR effects and sunlight are fantastic. Of course there is also room for improvement in some areas, but man can it look stunning.

And I’m not the only one saying that. It is considered by many to be one of the very best HDR showcases …

Back