Returnal (Housemarque) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Biome 3 is the hardest, after clearing that last night I flew all the way to last stage easily. I'm in rest mode now, will attempt to beat the game today.

Biome 3 is the hardest, after clearing that last night I flew all the way to last stage easily. I'm in rest mode now, will attempt to beat the game today.

Yeah I must say, by the time you get to biome 4, the rest comes relatively easily. Maybe because you’ve have to GG big time just to get there, so 5 and 6 feels kinda easy.

Yeah, I actually got through 4 pretty easily and managed to kill the boss on my first try. Also left it on rest mode (why there is no save state or something like that still baffles my mind).

One thing I have not encountered is any kind of online interactions I saw in the previews. Seems they’re bugged for some people.

Online interactions are turned off since before the launch.

Housemarque had the plans to make bodies of dead players appear in random playthroughs, with option to get some items or "avenge" them by fighting powerful monsters. Hopefully they'll add that sometimes.

Housemarque had the plans to make bodies of dead players appear in random playthroughs, with option to get some items or "avenge" them by fighting powerful monsters. Hopefully they'll add that sometimes.
Oh really? Did not know that. I recall reading on twitter and reddit some people seeing them.

Finished!!! 18 deaths.

Awesome game. A real action gem! Hopefully it will be successful, I want more of this from Housemarque.

Actually this worked for a short time when they broke the game.
After the patch that corrupted people’s saves and before the one that fixed it, this worked for me.
It appeared like voice messages that Selene leaves, same symbol, and it asked whether I wanted to avenge or loot.
But the game was basically unplayable with constant error messages so I didn’t delve too deep into it.

This game is way too hard for someone with no time. I get to play maybe once a week for an hour and everytime I get my arse kicked severely. :(

Not recommended for anyone with low levels of playtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: snc
After finishing it yesterday [with 95% of my deaths being in "Act 1"], I fired up the game again today, and casually finished first three biomes.
giphy.gif

Finished!!! 18 deaths.

Awesome game. A real action gem! Hopefully it will be successful, I want more of this from Housemarque.

I honestly don't know how you're all doing it. The game just seems to get harder and harder for me. I got to the first boss three times in a row, now I can't get anywhere near it.

I've had 21 runs at this thing and I haven't got past the first boss. I'm happy to accept I may be shit at games, but it's a bit frustrating for someone like me that simply can't progress and doesn't retain much from run to run.

I sware it's getting harder since the update. I think I'm doing well, then it pops me in a room with a bunch of those tall green chaps and a mimic and I get destroyed.

I really wish it'd be more like a traditional rogue-like game and actually let me retain my weapon proficiency or something. An easy mode for noobs like me would really help. Or at least the game recognise that I'm bad at it and randomise things favourably.

Anyone that's tempted with buying this game, get the disc version not digital like me, coz if it doesn't work for you, it cannot be returned. And I'd honestly like to return Returnal back to where it came from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: snc
I honestly don't know how you're all doing it. The game just seems to get harder and harder for me. I got to the first boss three times in a row, now I can't get anywhere near it.

I've had 21 runs at this thing and I haven't got past the first boss. I'm happy to accept I may be shit at games, but it's a bit frustrating for someone like me that simply can't progress and doesn't retain much from run to run.

I sware it's getting harder since the update. I think I'm doing well, then it pops me in a room with a bunch of those tall green chaps and a mimic and I get destroyed.

I really wish it'd be more like a traditional rogue-like game and actually let me retain my weapon proficiency or something. An easy mode for noobs like me would really help. Or at least the game recognise that I'm bad at it and randomise things favourably.

Anyone that's tempted with buying this game, get the disc version not digital like me, coz if it doesn't work for you, it cannot be returned. And I'd honestly like to return Returnal back to where it came from.
you should had read my posts about difficulty of the game before realse ;d

This game unfortunately froze on me today, and I had to reset the PS5 to factory condition (losing all games and data) to get it to even boot back up. First time that's happened to me on the system.

I had just finished the 3rd biome last night, so hopefully the cloud upload kicked in and my progress was saved.

I hate to bang on about it, but this game is infuriatingly difficult and I played and finished Bloodborne. It's such a shame because the dynamics of the controls are very good, I'm just finding it harder with each run, not easier. I can't even get to the first boss. The difficulty seems to have been ramped up with the latest patch.

I know as soon as it says "area in lockdown" that I'm screwed. It swarms me with bat-like creatures and then pops 4-6 boss-like characters all in the same room and no matter how much I move and dodge and fire I get absolutely overwhelmed.

I hope that Housemarque are able to fix it and switch out the difficulty for those persistently stuck in biome 1. Without a fix this will be the last (and first) game of theirs I ever purchase.

Looks like the speedruns are from a fresh save, does it get harder the more you play? I honestly can't understand how difficult this game has become. It's way harder now than when I started.

Back