Resident Evil Village (Capcom) [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

I killed one of Alcina Dimitrescu's daughters. She ain't happy! :devilish:

But, um, the game is amazingly weird. To be honest, it doesn't feel like a traditional Resident Evil game. Well, besides 7. But I meant in general. It's by far the strangest entry to date. :LOL:

Been watching Distortion2 on Twitch. He's spent the past few months playing all of the RE games 10's/100's of times since he's a speed runner and he's been playing the RE games a lot in anticipation of RE8 coming out.

He frequently comments how RE8 is greatly influenced by the gameplay of RE4 (he REALLY likes RE4) and RE7. But it is closer to RE4 in terms of game play and pacing than RE7.

Because of how similar it is to RE4, he obviously really likes RE8.

As a speed runner, he doesn't like how some sections of the game just make you wait until X time has passed (like RE7).

Regards,
SB

I also feel that it looks much better than the demo, especially in the textures. Much sharper.

Very much true, especially for the PC edition. Wait until you get into Lord Donna Beneviento's house. Jaw-dropping beautiful.

Also... maybe not... I'll let you find out the hard way about that house. Let's just say I wasn't ready... :nope:

RE8 has a tendency of doing that in certain areas as well. I don't know if it's a rendering issue with RT lighting and HDR, or simply an artistic move by the developer on using a transitioning effect where the player's eyes or perspective has to reacclimate themselves from a brighter environment to a darker environment (and vice versa). Pretty much your eyes adjusting themselves accordingly, when transitioning between bright and dark environments.

RE8 has a tendency of doing that in certain areas as well. I don't know if it's a rendering issue with RT lighting and HDR, or simply an artistic move by the developer on using a transitioning effect where the player's eyes or perspective has to reacclimate themselves from a brighter environment to a darker environment (and vice versa). Pretty much your eyes adjusting themselves accordingly, when transitioning between bright and dark environments.
in terms of metro is acumaluating bounces so its artifact of performance tweak/technic they used, don't know about re8 but will paly it next week

OK. There's one issue I want to bring up. Has anybody noticed that just about every RE related game, film or whatever has a deliberate throwback to the mansion? Because if you think about it, Lady Dimitrescu's castle is basically just like the main section of the Spencer mansion. It's like Capcom knows that's going to get the nostalgia juices flowing. But it feels forced sometimes, along with the fact Chris is just present, because well, he is the top guy in the series. That also feels funny.

Back