Resident Evil Village (Capcom) [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

So the castle demo was much better (graphically) than the village demo. I think the RT is going to shine here. But the shooting in this game is not good which is a pity because the controls are good (after some tweaks in the settings).

Capcom have not learned the lessons from 20 years of FPS, even Golden Eye 007 on N64 was better at shooting. Then you have those annoying invicible ennemies.

But the shooting in this game is not good which is a pity because the controls are good (after some tweaks in the settings).

I just started RE VII and the shooting isn't good in that game either. It's probably done on purpose though, because if the running+shooting mechanics were good then the game would get substantially easier.

Some PC shots that I have taken of the RE8 demo. Unfortunately, RT has been disabled in the PC demo and anything over the standard 4K resolution leaves vertical black bars.
Yy8KkG0.jpg

ZZWl6VY.jpg

glzagVU.jpg

eBSu60O.jpg

t2C5bI6.jpg

uiGQzX8.jpg

fCClLdE.jpg

RZfQLGN.jpg

PwqemtK.jpg

ts6iQEO.jpg

WB4MXLD.jpg

YADpY54.jpg

Just in case you need more time playing. :yep2:
1. Disable the game's cloud saves on Steam. (IMPORTANT)
2. Delete the two bin files in the win64_save folder: Steam\userdata\USERID\1541780\remote\win64_save
3. Run SAM (STEAM ACHIEVEMENT MANAGER) and reset the status of the achievements of the demo. https://github.com/gibbed/SteamAchievementManager/releases

Load the demo and it will ask to configure language, subtitles, bright settings, and there you go, 1:00:00" timer

So, after replaying the PC demo with RT enabled, the only noticeable difference is that certain reflections or reflective surfaces are now more visible. But not much of a difference over the non-RT mode to brag or boast about. I really think where RE8 fails, is that the lighting and shadowing are very flat (at least in the demo), and Capcom's use of Quixel's mega-texturing assets doesn't have that nice appeal or wow factor as seen in physically based rendering assets. The interior of the castle is quite beautiful but has that old-school Resident Evil pre-rendered background feel to them (although real-time geometry), which makes the game texture assets, lighting, and shadowing feel flat in many areas. Outside of that gripe, I'm still a huge fan of the series and RE8 still looks beautiful (in a static picture/painting sort of way), so I'm still excited for this coming Friday.

"His story is coming to an end..."

No offense, Capcom. I think your precious Resident Evil franchise has come to an end as well. LOL. ;)

Once known as being this groundbreaking, innovative series. Now known for mainly using ideas from other franchises. For shame, guys. For shame.

I mean, vampires and werewolves = meh. But yeah. OK. Perhaps a virus was to blame for how this has all came about, as that's normally what occurs in these games. Some pathogen is leaked or stolen, and yawn, yawn, yawn. It still makes little in the way of logical sense. Although yes, the game is set in Europe.

I just don't think the series really makes any sense anymore. Not only that, but why's there so many recycled assets? Like, you have to crash a car again, and even some places look similar. Like I mean, the bedroom in the game with Rosemary is essentially supposed to be the attic from RE7. Just some stuff is a bit different, but you can see there's toys in the same positions. The sitting room is the Baker's living room. The TV is in the same spot, for example, as is the breakfast bar in the corner. It's like, whatever. We really do use our eyes, Capcom. Plus, the plot is just a mess. In 2021, this series is hard to understand. :p

Lukewarm, at best.

#NotMyRE

That isn't to say, it's NOT a good wee horror game in general. But calling it a part of the RE series is... well, I don't know, really. However, it is linked to RE7.

Well the DF review certainly improved my impression of this game. That said I haven’t enjoyed a single game in the series so far, so ... yeah.

I seen someone playing it on YouTube. It's an enjoyable game. But the plot is very obscure. Like, if you know all of the games from 1996 to 2021, then yeah. It's madness, as to how we got to this stage. :yes:

Lady Dimitrescu loves beyond3d.com. :love:

No waiting for Friday... lol :cool:
NFltliz.jpg

per JaseC at Era

To unlock the game early via VPN:

1) Navigate to Steam -> Settings -> Account -> Manage Steam Guard Account Security and click "Deauthorise all other devices" (this will preclude any other login sessions from interfering with the IP change)
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits), or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Australia, New Zealand, or Asia (except Japan)
4) Restart/Launch Steam
5) Unlock the game
6; optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button, as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)

Last edited:
I killed one of Alcina Dimitrescu's daughters. She ain't happy! :devilish:

But, um, the game is amazingly weird. To be honest, it doesn't feel like a traditional Resident Evil game. Well, besides 7. But I meant in general. It's by far the strangest entry to date. :LOL:

Back