Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

Was the disk version also the complete edition?
I read somewhere a while ago that the saves from the normal to complete edition didn't work.

You got a normal disk version and one that was the Completed Edition.

horizon-zero-dawn.jpg

91rXiKixSQL._SL1500_.jpg

well fuck. I wanted to play the add on since I finished the original and it seems I cant access the add on unless I finish again the original

Last edited:
"The save isn't compatible because your save is from an older version while Complete Edition is a newer version. If you have access to an older version (original disc) load that up, download the updates, and you save file will be compatible."

Found this on another forum. I guess I ll have to try :)

Thats weird. Wonder why mine doesnt recognise the saves then :s

So I've double checked this. My disc version is the day 1 PS4 launch edition. The version installed on my PS5 is the digital Complete Edition that were recently made available for free. And my save is from April 2017, so this is my save from the original game. I never picked up the DLC which is included the Complete Edition.

My April 2017 save loads fine.

Looks like he needs to update his PS4 version then it should automatically update his save to the latest version.
Does that happen? I completed the game once (April 2017) and started a replay in 2018 but didn't finish it. I cannot remember consciously loading HZD on my PS4 or Pro since 2018. Since then, the disc version game was installed but never run. In November last year the game install and saves were copied over to an SSD which was attached to my PS5. The first time I've loaded HZD in years was to see if, having downloading the freebie digital Complete Edition, my old saves were visible, and only because orangpelupa asked.

The digital Compete Edition has overwritten my disc version so I can't see what version that was.

btw is there any mods i can use on PC that wil make the game less boring?

the battle gameplay is not boring, but everything else, and especially the story are a boring slog, complete with annoyingly economical talking scenes.

like dunno.. mods for a random dynamic/moving camera when talking? skip talking with one button (instead of keeps mashing the skip button)?

Does that happen? I completed the game once (April 2017) and started a replay in 2018 but didn't finish it. I cannot remember consciously loading HZD on my PS4 or Pro since 2018. Since then, the disc version game was installed but never run. In November last year the game install and saves were copied over to an SSD which was attached to my PS5. The first time I've loaded HZD in years was to see if, having downloading the freebie digital Complete Edition, my old saves were visible, and only because orangpelupa asked.

The digital Compete Edition has overwritten my disc version so I can't see what version that was.
Didnt work :(

btw is there any mods i can use on PC that wil make the game less boring?

the battle gameplay is not boring, but everything else, and especially the story are a boring slog, complete with annoyingly economical talking scenes.

like dunno.. mods for a random dynamic/moving camera when talking? skip talking with one button (instead of keeps mashing the skip button)?
A lot of the dialogs with the various tribal people are terribly boring and/or laughable indeed. Have you started to unravel some of the mysteries of their robo dino world? If that stuff doesn't work for you, that's not good because I thought that was the only reason to play the game. The combat is really repetitive.

Last edited:
last weeks UK sales breakdown
Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut
91% PS5 9% PS4

Just drop the PS4 version already, Im guessing, It prolly wouldn't of been delayed if they didnt have to spend time doing the ps4 version

Not worthwhile data because many people already have it on PS4 and wouldn’t buy it again for the little it offers.
Fair enuf, it does distort things somewhat perhaps.
I Just had a look for the next biggish title to arrive (not as big as horizon) but its on both ps4/ps5 (as well as PC so that muddies things a little)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kena:_Bridge_of_Spirits
It comes out in just over 3 weeks, what will the platform ratio be on the ps5 vs ps4 on the UK first week. My prediction is a 80:20 split

Back