Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Probably because bungie said that 10 years thing and it made bungie a destiny exclusive developer. Thus people thinks the same with 343?
Halo is the only thing 343 industries did for the past 10 years, which is a de facto exclusive Halo developer.
From the "10 year" comment I thought they'd evolve the game's plot introduce a bunch of characters and storylines that will span for the next 10 years.

top from halo reach on xb360
Are you sure it's not Halo Reach remastered from the Masterchief Collection running on a PC? I played Reach last year on my PC and I think that's how it looked maxed out. I don't think the X360 could output such a non-aliased frame.

its broken now. But he's comparing Halo Reach with Halo Infinite and not seeing a lot of difference.
Neither am I (it's not broken for firefox AFAICS), but it's not like we've seen anything worthwhile from Halo Infinite so far, other than internet memes mocking its visuals.

Neither am I (it's not broken for firefox AFAICS), but it's not like we've seen anything worthwhile from Halo Infinite so far, other than internet memes mocking its visuals.
Yea - it's certainly going to be the most last gen looking, big budget, first party title you're going to see released on any next gen machine. I don't know how much of that issue stems from having to back port to XBO, and how much of it is development hell. I suppose a reasonable argument is that they don't' want the XBO and Series versions to look too far apart and there's just no way XBO generation can handle much at 60fps open world.

Leadership choices I guess. I wish them the best of luck, I'll play it for sure because it's still among the better FPS story shooters out there for this gen, but I'm going in with lowered expectations at least to be graphically wowed. Hopefully the art style/set pieces are sufficient enough from an art direction (aka BOTW) to look pass the shortcomings on rendering.

If I'm recalling correctly, the ten year comment was provided alongside learnings from the advantages of Halo MCC having all of the games in one title and the benefits that provided for matchmaking and ease of use.

So I'm pretty sure they're talking about all future Halo content for this generation at least being launched through Infinite so that they don't split their player base. That doesn't mean they don't eventually drop the XBO version from new content though.

I still cant understand how could they mismanaged this title so much. Masterchief figure is on every XSX box, halo should be the flagship title. There should be as much excitement about new halo and its graphics as we can see with new Ratched game. I dont get it. And worst thing for me personally is that i feel this title has not evolved/grown with fanbase. I played org halo on xbox about 20 years ago, since then this product has not matured at all. Its still some kind of weird power rangers game with goofy enemies (when grunts are running around i feel like i am shooting to teletubies). The moment i played Destiny2 it striked me this is the halo game i always wanted to play.

Yeah, now it's stuck on my head. Grunts = teletubbies.

Anyway, destiny 2 won't be back to "halo" formula again until the witch queen DLC. And it's still not set in stone.

Bungie could pull a beyond light again. Expensive DLC, super thin camoaign/story levels. IIRC there were only 3 story missions in beyond light despite it was priced the same as Forsaken that brought tons of story missions and TWO "planets".

Looking at the core gamers on Destiny subreddit, they are loving this new direction of destiny 2 where the focus is the grind/loop. With story being drip fed every few weeks thru comm radio when you are doing the grind/loop of the same mission again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. And sometimes via a cutscene that suddenly plays for no reason other than time gate, and happens out of player engagement and context.

Hopefully halo infinite story missions will be as strong as the Era when bungie handled halo series, at minimum.

I still cant understand how could they mismanaged this title so much. Masterchief figure is on every XSX box, halo should be the flagship title.

Optimization and QA for 4 very different consoles with very different hardware configurations and performance targets plus PC is "a nightmare" according to that Remedy dev who specifically said he felt sorry for 343i working on Halo Infinite.

Optimization and QA for 4 very different consoles with very different hardware configurations and performance targets plus PC is "a nightmare" according to that Remedy dev who specifically said he felt sorry for 343i working on Halo Infinite.

The best looking game of last generation, RDR2, says hi.

I still cant understand how could they mismanaged this title so much. Masterchief figure is on every XSX box, halo should be the flagship title. There should be as much excitement about new halo and its graphics as we can see with new Ratched game. I dont get it. And worst thing for me personally is that i feel this title has not evolved/grown with fanbase. I played org halo on xbox about 20 years ago, since then this product has not matured at all. Its still some kind of weird power rangers game with goofy enemies (when grunts are running around i feel like i am shooting to teletubies). The moment i played Destiny2 it striked me this is the halo game i always wanted to play.

yeah. I respect that they are revisiting some of the simplicity of the original CE in infinite. Highly recogniseable enemies through distinct silhouettes AND colours along with the open-ended-ish large arenas and the natural ambience and all that. But one thing they could abandon is those goofy-ass enemy desings... The midget ones specially. Looking back today, I'm surprised they didn't already feel dated when CE released.

Last edited:
yeah. I respect that they are revisiting some of the simplicity of the original CE in infinite. Highly recogniseable enemies through distinct silhouettes AND colours along with the open-ended-ish large arenas and the natural ambience and all that. But one thing they could abandon is those goofy-ass enemy desings... The midget ones specially. Looking back today, I'm surprised they didn't already feel dated when CE released.

Shouldn't be all that surprising, Halo was created as a more light hearted Sci-Fi FPS. Kind of like a more violent but still PG Star Trek. No gore, no gibbing, no dismemberment, etc. Everything was supposed to be a slightly cartoony, over the top Sci Fi experience. If you pay attention most of the artwork was deliberately made to come across as a more light hearted take on the genre. Even the flood had some comedic elements. The dialog especially (if you listen to random soldiers talk) was decidedly on the non-serious side.

IMO, it's part of Halo's charm. It pulls at the kid that still exists somewhere in everyone. It's a game that parents didn't have to worry about when their kids played it.

There's enough super serious shooters out there, I appreciate that Halo was a little more lighthearted. Well, at least Bungie's version of Halo. Reach did get a bit serious, but even there they still tempered it down by not going for realistic portrayals of violence.

It's part of why 343i has failed so miserably to capture not only the feel of Halo, but the essence of the IP. They wanted to make it more "realistic" more politically charged. Have it deal with more adult themes, etc. Bleh.

I for one like the less serious, slightly comedic and cartoony Halo designs from when Bungie was in charge. /shrug. To me, the grunts are just as iconic to the series as Master Chief and it'll be sad day if they're ever just written out of the series. :)

Also, 343i, goddamn stop trying to make the grunt design more serious. Argh!!!

Regards,
SB

IMO, it's part of Halo's charm. It pulls at the kid that still exists somewhere in everyone. It's a game that parents didn't have to worry about when their kids played it.

There's enough super serious shooters out there, I appreciate that Halo was a little more lighthearted. Well, at least Bungie's version of Halo. Reach did get a bit serious, but even there they still tempered it down by not going for realistic portrayals of violence.

It's part of why 343i has failed so miserably to capture not only the feel of Halo, but the essence of the IP. They wanted to make it more "realistic" more politically charged. Have it deal with more adult themes, etc. Bleh.

I for one like the less serious, slightly comedic and cartoony Halo designs from when Bungie was in charge. /shrug. To me, the grunts are just as iconic to the series as Master Chief and it'll be sad day if they're ever just written out of the series. :)

hmm i guess you are right, perhaps i was looking at this from the wrong perspective.

probably thats why the original reveal the game looks like a fortnite knock-off. thy tried to appeal to the younger audience with more bland textures, and more colorful palette.

Shouldn't be all that surprising, Halo was created as a more light hearted Sci-Fi FPS. Kind of like a more violent but still PG Star Trek. No gore, no gibbing, no dismemberment, etc. Everything was supposed to be a slightly cartoony, over the top Sci Fi experience. If you pay attention most of the artwork was deliberately made to come across as a more light hearted take on the genre. Even the flood had some comedic elements. The dialog especially (if you listen to random soldiers talk) was decidedly on the non-serious side.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, I get that... But the truth is, in the end Halo was a game played by teens and adults, and xbox itself is not really a console largelly played by children. I'm all for keeping the games PG and accessible. But there are ways to do it tastefully. Just because you don't have blood and gore, does not mean you gotta have midgets with helium-gas voices running around at every corner. They certainly need to have som level of camp and light comedy tostay true to the franchise, but the more extreme parts of it could still be toned down in my opinion. The midgets are just plain anoying after the second or third encounter. The game has an almost meditative feel to it once you settle into its flow, untill alf the ET or barney the dinosaur pop up and take me out of it

I just think the lighting needs to be fixed. I don't see it all that different from a Nintendo game and adults play Zelda and others quite fine. It's just it's lack of overall unified lighting that is troublesome I think.

A majority of gamers want Halo to move into more uhh realistic visuals because they grew up with Halo, starting as children they are now adults expecting the same game to cater to them.

Back