Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2017+]

It could be worse, you could be me!
I'm looking at this and thinking
I don't really have the space, I don't have a compatible chair and it's horrendously expensive - but it is dam cool
Gb6tuCb.jpg

(I don't find the rules for screenshots, if it's too big or anything, tell me please)

I really dig The Outer worlds. It's not technically awesome, but I really like the art direction, and in some scene the lod even far in the distance. 3440*1440p, ultrawide, I tweaked the AA so it's less blurry than the default setting.

578650_20201126175826_1.jpg

578650_20201213152348_1.jpg
578650_20201213163814_1.jpg

578650_20201213185105_1.jpg

Last edited:
How has your experience been with your monitor. I've been eyeballing an UW for a couple of years, but I was afraid there would be too many games that didn't properly support it.

I freaking LOVE it.

I went with an LG 38GL950G-B.. and it's been awesome. It's got some nice specs (21:9 3840x1600 resolution 160/175hz)and I got it for a good price, and it's not extremely curved like the 1000R monitors out there.. I didn't want anything like that.

I will say though.. when I first unboxed it, and got it set up on my desk and turned it on.. I was like wow.. this is crazy. There's a tiny period of adjustment to be sure... but after that.. I'll never go back to a standard 16:9 aspect ratio for my desktop ever again (if I can help it)

There's quite a decent amount of content out there that supports it already. You'll get some games that wont of course... but the community is generally pretty excellent at figuring it all out. But man... when you see your games running in that ultrawide resolution it'll put a smile on your face.

I absolutely second this. It's in another league, I could never go back to 16:9 now and have yet to find a game that doesn't work in 21:9 (although I only play modern games). I have the LG38GN and my PC is also connected to a 55" LG C6. The OLED is most definitely the second choice display (although obviously still has the better image quality).

The lighting on the back adds a lot too IMO, it was one of the main reasons I went for this monitor. That said, I had one of those DIY Ambilight kits that I'd planned to use on my previous monitor lying around and wasn't sure whether it was worth attaching to the LG 38GN given it already had a lighting system.

It was.

The lighting is much brighter, faster and far more accurate to what's on the screen. The LG's light ring adds some great ambient lighting behind the monitor but the Ambilight essentially extends your screen beyond it's bezel. It's fricking awesome. I'd strongly recommend getting it regardless of your monitor.

Viva la PC Gaming!

EDIT: Oh and it kicks the crap out of my old 27" 16:9 for work/productivity.

I absolutely second this. It's in another league, I could never go back to 16:9 now and have yet to find a game that doesn't work in 21:9 (although I only play modern games). I have the LG38GN and my PC is also connected to a 55" LG C6. The OLED is most definitely the second choice display (although obviously still has the better image quality).

The lighting on the back adds a lot too IMO, it was one of the main reasons I went for this monitor. That said, I had one of those DIY Ambilight kits that I'd planned to use on my previous monitor lying around and wasn't sure whether it was worth attaching to the LG 38GN given it already had a lighting system.

It was.

The lighting is much brighter, faster and far more accurate to what's on the screen. The LG's light ring adds some great ambient lighting behind the monitor but the Ambilight essentially extends your screen beyond it's bezel. It's fricking awesome. I'd strongly recommend getting it regardless of your monitor.

Viva la PC Gaming!

EDIT: Oh and it kicks the crap out of my old 27" 16:9 for work/productivity.
Yes! Exactly the same as me. I was actually going to buy the 38GN first.. but the place I was buying from was backordered and said it would likely be a while. The 38GL is essentially the same monitor though, just gsync only version.. but I found it in stock and it shipped right away, so I grabbed it instead. And yes, I love it... there's no going back to my old PG279Q.. despite still being a great monitor itself.

But yeah, I loved the ambient lighting aspect in the back too...even for just helping perceived contrast ratio in low lighting conditions. Yes, I was wanting to look into getting something like that. Do you have a link for the one you got?

Yea, I %^&$ love PC gaming. Even just playing older games with a 21:9 ratio somehow makes them new again.

Yes! Exactly the same as me. I was actually going to buy the 38GN first.. but the place I was buying from was backordered and said it would likely be a while. The 38GL is essentially the same monitor though, just gsync only version.. but I found it in stock and it shipped right away, so I grabbed it instead. And yes, I love it... there's no going back to my old PG279Q.. despite still being a great monitor itself.

But yeah, I loved the ambient lighting aspect in the back too...even for just helping perceived contrast ratio in low lighting conditions. Yes, I was wanting to look into getting something like that. Do you have a link for the one you got?

Yea, I %^&$ love PC gaming. Even just playing older games with a 21:9 ratio somehow makes them new again.

I got this one but there are quite a few under different names which appear to be the same thing as far as I can tell:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08DXQB54D/?tag=b3d-21

The key feature aside from the length is the 60 LED's per meter rather than the 30, although I have heard 30 is possibly as good.

Once you have the kit and it's all attached/plugged in you have to download the software from the following link and then configure everything. It's a bit fiddly, but once it's setup it looks spectacular and basically runs itself. I don't have a link right now but there are some very good tutorial videos on YT that you can follow to set it up, should take about 30-60 mins and by God it's worth it.

http://www.ambibox.ru/en/index.php/Main_Page

I got this one but there are quite a few under different names which appear to be the same thing as far as I can tell:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08DXQB54D/?tag=b3d-21

The key feature aside from the length is the 60 LED's per meter rather than the 30, although I have heard 30 is possibly as good.

Once you have the kit and it's all attached/plugged in you have to download the software from the following link and then configure everything. It's a bit fiddly, but once it's setup it looks spectacular and basically runs itself. I don't have a link right now but there are some very good tutorial videos on YT that you can follow to set it up, should take about 30-60 mins and by God it's worth it.

http://www.ambibox.ru/en/index.php/Main_Page
Thanks! I'll look into it. It's currently out of stock, and quite a few others are as well.. but yea, I'm definitely interested in getting that set up. It's not the most pressing thing at the moment, as I'm basically redoing my entire game room/office from top to bottom. (basically decided to upgrade everything else that isn't my GPU while waiting for them to come into stock at a semi-respectable price)

Thanks! I'll look into it. It's currently out of stock, and quite a few others are as well.. but yea, I'm definitely interested in getting that set up. It's not the most pressing thing at the moment, as I'm basically redoing my entire game room/office from top to bottom. (basically decided to upgrade everything else that isn't my GPU while waiting for them to come into stock at a semi-respectable price)

Yeah I'm stuck on a 1070 for now. I'm hoping the HRL Ampere's will bring the prices back in line with MSRP over the next couple of months although I suspect I'll be disappointed. The only good news is I have a backlog of "last gen" games to play which my 1070 should handle fine anyway. Will of the Wisps which is next in the queue looks off the scale on this monitor with the back lights. Although it would be nice to put this monitors high refresh rate into action a bit more!

Yeah I'm stuck on a 1070 for now. I'm hoping the HRL Ampere's will bring the prices back in line with MSRP over the next couple of months although I suspect I'll be disappointed. The only good news is I have a backlog of "last gen" games to play which my 1070 should handle fine anyway. Will of the Wisps which is next in the queue looks off the scale on this monitor with the back lights. Although it would be nice to put this monitors high refresh rate into action a bit more!
Yea, hopefully with the HRL in the upcoming GPUs things even out a bit. I don't mind having to wait a bit for a popular item.. but when it becomes damn near impossible to get, and if you do you're paying hundreds and hundreds over MSRP... well then I change my tune a bit.

I'm still sitting relatively pretty with a 2080ti though. PC gaming and PC building are big hobbies of mine so I will admit that I have no problem spending a lot of money on it. I usually upgrade the GPU every year or so.. and the CPU every few years depending on what's new. I enjoy it. This time around though.. I decided to hold off on the GPU and re-do the entire setup. New desk, monitor, case, peripherals, sound system, chair and all that stuff. In all honesty far more tangible improvements than some extra frames would get me I think haha. It was time though.

We'll see what happens with the 3080ti launch, but I'm sure I could just as easily hold out for a 40 Series.

Back