The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I never watched the second season of Sense8 because I heard the ending wasn't, you're saying it's worth a watch and won't break my heart?

Yes! Oh I am so jealous of you, still getting to watch another whole season Goe the first time plus the extra final episodes!

Scrap everything else that you are watching and watch this instead!

God the show is so good. There are few shows that I have rewatched let alone multiple times.

dang it, may?

on the upsite, it will be after fasting month ends, so no issue in watching NSFW stuff (NSFReligion?)

will probably binge the whole thing in one sitting comes May lol

the first one was awesome! felt like black mirror but dialed way up in the varieties.

New trailer just dropped for Falcon and the Winter Soldier's last episode with a HUUUUGE spoiler in it, do not watch if you don't want spoilers!

That fake trailer didn't age well..

Show started nice. I really liked the initial dynamic between Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie. But then in episodes 5 and 6 the writers couldn't help themselves from turning the series into a lecture in american social politics. Which was great, because it had been like 5 minutes since the last piece of entertainment I used to take as escapism decided to, mid-way, force down my throat a lecture on social politics from a country/continent I don't live in. I was really missing it.
I mean I almost forgot that racism is bad and refugees are actually human beings, so they sure kept me in check.

Thanks, Disney! Now that you showed me all that virtue signaling I'll definitely forget how you unashamedly hushed a black man's character from the Star Wars sequels' storyline and marketing material to appease the chinese market, or how you filmed parts of Mulan and thanked the governors of a chinese province where a mass genocide of Uyghur muslims is happening.

As for the details:

- I think Bucky's sideplot was nice. It's a good guy with PTSD trying to live with all the harm he caused to innocent people while brainwashed.

- Sam's sideplot is nonsensical. A freaking Avenger who had saved the country+world from a massive Nazi takeover and then helped save the world again from Thanos, probably has Pepper Potts on speed dial, couldn't get enough money to fix a boat? And his sister complains to him about not being present.. because had been killed off by the snap 5 years earlier?

- The main "freedom fighters" plot was stupid, with the writers bending over backwards to give them some legitimacy over being one-dimensional terrorists.

- Zemo was a super bad nazi dude that gets turned into a good guy and he's let loose because he somehow becomes less of a threat than the flag smashers because...?

- 1st rule of MCU: Wakandans always win all fights, they're always right and they always take what they want. Wakanda Forever!

- "They'll never let a black man be Captain America". Really? Did MCU's USA suddenly become a lot more racist than real-life USA, which has had black super celebrities for the past 4 decades, dozens of black generals, a black president for two terms and a current black vice-president? Yeah that doesn't sound like Disney trying to capitalize on virtue signaling at all. At the beginning of the series it seemed like Sam simply felt unworthy of filling in Steve Rogers' shoes, which would have been a believable dilemma because a) he isn't superhuman and b) he wasn't a 80 year-old WW2 superhero icon brought back to life. But then the writers decided to pick up Isaiah and turn it all into "I can't do it because people will hate me for my skin color!".

- "Sam, I wasn't aware of what you were going through [with racism], I'm so sorry" - Bucky, a WW2 ally soldier kidnapped by an evil Nazi secret organization who was brainwashed and put in cryopreservation, only periodically waken up to perform unwilling murders on innocent people for 70 years, who had his arm ripped off in the process, whose only friend left in his life decided to bail on him to live with his girlfriend in a different timeline and is still suffering from PTSD, suddenly becomes aware of his white privilege. Wow, such drama. Much writing.

As the lib-tard in chief on here, even I thought that some parts and commentary in Falcon&Winter were a bit on the nose. Also, I just found the whole show so dull and boring. What exactly was the point of it?

Also, I just found the whole show so dull and boring. What exactly was the point of it?

If you think about it, the following changes occurr:

1 - By the end of Endgame, Sam gets the Captain America's Shield to become Captain America as suggested by Steve Rogers.
By the end of the series, Sam has Captain America's Shield to become Captain America.

2 - By the end of Endgame, Zemo is locked up in The Raft as an international terrorist.
By the end of the series, Zemo is locked up in The Raft as an international terrorist.

3 - By the end of Endgame, Bucky is a lonely guy with Sam as the only person he keeps contact with.
By the end of the series,Bucky is a lonely guy with Sam as the only person he keeps contact with.

4 - By the end of Endgame, no one even remembers a secondary character like Sharon Carter because she hasn't appeared in the movies since Captain America Civil War.
By the end of the series, literally no character knows who Sharon Carter is anyway.

I guess that..
US Agent is a thing now.. though the MCU could just forget about the character if it doesn't fit the narrative for their upcoming series/films.

The point of the series was to explore character development so they don't have to do so in the movies. *shrug*

1 - By the end of Endgame, Sam gets the Captain America's Shield to become Captain America as suggested by Steve Rogers.
Primarily, I think was this.

There are lot of folks who watch superhero films who just want the spectacle on the big screen and are not interested in the lore/universe or characters more than they need to understand what they can do and if they are good or bad. They can see the forth Captain America film and remember (maybe) Falcon being given the shield by old Cap at the end of Endgame. It really doesn't matter.

For everybody else who is more interested in the deals of the universe, it serves as a short narrative with some character development thrown in.

What do folk think of Invincible on Amazon Prime? Quite enjoyed it though it wasn't anything groundbreaking - the ratings on IMDB are a bit OTT, I think.

A bit like The Boys but in cartoon form.

It's better at being superman than man of steel, better at being evil superman than the boys, and even better at being dragonball than dragonball.
It just shows the lack of budget in some points, and to understand the ending I had to read the same scenes in the comics.
Apart from that good writhing, original story, interesting characters, lot of feelings, lot of brawling. It has some of both the old TMNT, and me at 8 years old making my toys fight nonstop.

We still have to see why Cecil allowed Robot to let the twins escape. And don't understand why they are so smart and can't find a way to establish who is the clone, like a sign around the nect during the mind copy. Funny guys anyway,

Last edited:
What do folk think of Invincible on Amazon Prime? Quite enjoyed it though it wasn't anything groundbreaking - the ratings on IMDB are a bit OTT, I think.

A bit like The Boys but in cartoon form.

I wrote about it a few posts back, I really liked it up to episode 5, I think. But I hated that they didn't release it all at once so I was going to wait until they released the rest of the episodes to finish watching it. Time to try to find time to finish watching it now. :)

And yeah, great series, IMO. I was surprised to see so much blood and gore in a non-Japanese animated superhero series. I'm glad they didn't hold back, however.

Regards,
SB

Back