Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Nice! Hoping Sony will add dualsense support to remoteplay Android, soon. In the mean time, I gave it a 1 star review lol.

Btw on ios, does it handles PS4 games vibrations good?

Its not really isolated to Sony regarding android support, its a general trend that things are better or first supported on IOS/apple devices. Anyway, havent tested any PS4 games using remoteplay on IOS. I generally dont play on mobile (be it streaming or not), but its a cool feature nonetheless.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-supplies-will-drastically-improve-this-year/

Thats just not good.... Seems there will be no hardware untill 2022. Everyone could have launched their new (much more advanced) hardwares 2022/2023 lol.

And they probably are heavily motivated to develop "slim" and "pro" version faster too. To get lower production cost on slim, and do higher selling price for pro. Accommodating the scarcity of fab capacity and higher chip production price

And they probably are heavily motivated to develop "slim" and "pro" version faster too. To get lower production cost on slim, and do higher selling price for pro. Accommodating the scarcity of fab capacity and higher chip production price

Its just a mess, not only for PS5 but also, Xbox, GPU's and other hardwares. Cant be good for the studios/developers either, which see a small (er) market cap now.

It's probably a question of engineering priorities. It's also possible those ssd's could require ps5 specific firmware fixes making integration more complicated. It's not like this is needed in a hurry. I doubt many people have internal drive full of actively played ps5 games. Using external hdd to play ps4 games and store ps5 games helps those people who are running out of disk space.
I wonder if they have come across issues that they didn't think of. I mean at the time the PS5 was developed there wasn't an SSD of the required speed that they could have actually tried.

Sony developed a driver for Linux 5.12 (https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-5.12-HID) so it is probably coming for Android phones in a couple of years :)

dualsense already work for android just fine, its just sony being sony, refusing to make android remoteplay supports it. so, yeah, it will probably took many years before sony finally caved-in and add dualsense support

I guess ill just use the 3rd party unofficial remoteplay android app

They need to integrate Remote Play and PSNow on smartphones. It's literally the exact same technology. And with that, implement support for the DualSense.

Moreover, they need to integrate the services. If I buy a first party PlayStation game, it should be available for me to stream so long as I'm subscribed to PSNow.

Perhaps they're waiting for some verdict regarding the Epic and Apple case so they don't have to surrender a huge chunk of monthly subscriptions (the monthly subscription aspect being the only part where I think Apple are completely in the wrong) before they commit.

Personally, I think it's astonishing that Microsoft entered the game streaming service several years later than Sony, and yet Sony are the ones who are going to have to play catch-up. And who was heading up PSNow for most of those years? Jim Ryan. Directionless, uncreative, myopic.

Thought the same thing, but its an impressive looking game nonetheless. Up there with the top (even though weve seen not much so far).
Il settle for 30fps mode for the highest quality. Doubt it will kick DS off the thrown though.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/ratchet-clank-rift-apart-state-of-play-presentation-screenshots

Some shots in there. Really dislike the peripheral chromatic a. The early 7 min/extended gameplay trailer looked cleaner. I'm confident we'll be able to disable it since they're touting lots of visual options.

Some pointed out that the game's geometry is really good, less of the current gen "circles" that have more obvious flat corners. Flat looking edges are less.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/ratchet-clank-rift-apart-state-of-play-presentation-screenshots

Some shots in there. Really dislike the peripheral chromatic a. The early 7 min/extended gameplay trailer looked cleaner. I'm confident we'll be able to disable it since they're touting lots of visual options.

Some pointed out that the game's geometry is really good, less of the current gen "circles" that have more obvious flat corners. Flat looking edges are less.

Its a very impressive looking game i think, but it doenst really kick Demon Souls from its throne, rather joins the party. Its not really open world as in GTA, RDR or 2077 either. CP2077 pc, maxed RT and Ultra settings still takes the cake as the most impressive game so far ever created, the night city shots are just mind boggling.

Its a very impressive looking game i think, but it doenst really kick Demon Souls from its throne, rather joins the party. Its not really open world as in GTA, RDR or 2077 either. CP2077 pc, maxed RT and Ultra settings still takes the cake as the most impressive game so far ever created, the night city shots are just mind boggling.

CP2077 human models look really off to me sometimes. Something with the way skin's rendered. I haven't really played both to directly compare but watching gamersyde vids, spiderman looks more impressive on its ps5 version. For some reason, the human traffic also looks better on Spiderman (but needs more variety in age). Maybe because I'm not fond of the CP 2077 color contrast look? It's artstyle? Maybe I'm also more easily fooled and impressed with the kinda more quick and instanced animations in Spiderman.

I tried the CP2077 on the PS5 and it's weird I just slip through people but I'm really quite surprised on how good it feels compared to fallout and es. It feels significantly less clunky.

I probably need to see more of the high end PC version of CP though. I think it looks much better than spiderman on many of the city and dryland strolling scenes.

I also prefer DS Remake over R&C but I don't know if it's because I prefer the dark, more realistic style.

R&C's explosions upon destroying an enemy looks amazing but I wish it had more of those texture marks on the environment after explosions. In one scene in the new trailer, Rivet shoots a laser beam and when the beam hit the environment, there wasn't any damage on the environment, not even a simple texture effect. It's the part where she was fighting those crocodile goons.

I think Ratchet looks like a good game. Hopefully it will inspire more devs to put out a family fun platformer type game. Maybe MS can get someone like Playtonic to do another Bango game.

Back