Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Coming off the DF Metro video yesterday the lighting limitations are immediately noticeable but it doesn't prevent this from looking sooo good.

Now the rift are reflected on the ground. It was not the case in the gameplay trailer last year.

ratchetclank_riftaparsuj35.jpg

Last edited:
The game looks good overall. I would say only the water looks really average. They really need to fix that because it really stands out during the gameplay and lower the overall image quality.

That being said, the visual gap with the previous R&C isn't that big.

The difference with the PS3/PS4 version was much bigger.

That being said, the visual gap with the previous R&C isn't that big.

The difference with the PS3/PS4 version was much bigger.

Or PSX to PS2.... or PS2 to PS3. But anyway, i dont think anyone expected that either, seeing the hardware increases as opposed to those other generations. It doesnt either help that AMD is a generation or more behind in ray tracing.

I rolled out R&C on the PS4 and I agree, the jump in graphical finesse is way beyond the difference between the PS3 and PS4 editions. Though R&C has always been a animated aesthetic powerhouse I really think they may have hit a ceiling with this one that will need a much larger jump in GFX power to overcome.

I rolled out R&C on the PS4 and I agree, the jump in graphical finesse is way beyond the difference between the PS3 and PS4 editions. Though R&C has always been a animated aesthetic powerhouse I really think they may have hit a ceiling with this one that will need a much larger jump in GFX power to overcome.

Back