Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

I just finished this on One X. Pretty terrible performer in "performance mode", even with Freesync on.

I liked the beginning. I liked the end. The middle didn't do much for me.

The game is out digitally on PS5. Owners of the PS4 game need to go to the store, search for the game and "purchase" free PS5 upgrade.

EA really released this in stealth mode. :D

edit - here it is, official announcement
https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order/news/next-gen-release-details

This next-gen release provides the best possible way to experience Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on consoles, bringing the following technical improvements:
  • Higher Resolution Textures & Assets
  • 4K/HDR Resolution
  • Improved 60 FPS Performance
  • Significantly Faster Loading Times

Last edited:
If you have the disc version, but need they digital version contact EA...

What if I have a disc version, but only have a discless next-generation console?

If you have a physical copy of the game on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and have a discless PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series S, you will need to contact EA support at help.ea.com to validate your purchase using your account information to receive your free*** upgrade.

If you’re looking to upgrade, start here.
  • Select your platform - PS5 or Xbox Series S
  • Choose Codes and promotions for your category, and Replace disc with code for your issue
  • Complete the webform
  • Provide proof of purchase
  • Receive your code and start playing!
What if I don’t have my physical copy of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order anymore?

To qualify for the free upgrade to the newest edition of the game, you must currently have physical ownership of the game or have a digital copy of the game on your PlayStation or Xbox.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order/news/next-gen-release-details

That seems uncharacteristically nice of them! :LOL:

Tommy McClain

The game is out digitally on PS5. Owners of the PS4 game need to go to the store, search for the game and "purchase" free PS5 upgrade.

EA really released this in stealth mode. :D

101Gb though.. urgh. I'm dipping into Jedi Fallen Order in fits and spurts and liking the unlocked mode on the PS4 version. I don't think I'll be getting this patch.

PS5 version is 47GB.

I started playing it for the first time today. It looks really nice, but wow, that animation system is wild. Legs are flailing everywhere like mad, especially on uneven surfaces. A bit distracting really.

I'm hoping for a PC update that improves the cpu performance, but ... I'm not holding my breath. Would be nice if some next-gen console improvements carried over.

My impressions of STAR WARS Jedi - Fallen Order in a nutshell:

Many parts remind me of the Uncharted, Dark Souls and Prince of Persia series. The game is good but compared to the recently played Mafia 1 I will hardly remember anything concrete except for the last two hours. Nevertheless, the player has a good and positive time. I would also play the announced sequel.

+ fluid and dynamic combat system with many possibilities
+ many enemy types
+ sound quality
+ multiple paths
+ in some scenes high production values
+ some spectacular scenes. Especially at the beginning and towards the end of the play
+ good citscene and combat animations
+ good motion blur
+ climbing mistakes where the player falls into the abyss are not followed by death. The player only loses a part of his life bar
+ fits well into the STAR WARS universe in terms of plot, style and visuals
+ interesting story
+ playtime is not short. I would even argue that it should focus more on the essentials while some parts could be cut out.

- bad frametimes
- too childish dialogues
- sometimes too long exploration phases
- the BD-1 droid is very humanised. I don't like that with animals either
- graphics quality varies depending on the environment and object. I don't like the material shading of metals. I also find Kashyyyk visually regressive in many places.
- too much collectible stuff for such a game type. The crates are also in places where they would never be in a real world.
- environments look too much like from a video game. Climbing walls stick out, objects are placed so that climbing is good. But would not occur like this in reality Branches make random paths.
- too much climbing
- annoying forcing through narrow corridors which feels like it happens 50 to 100 times.
- too many slide scenes

7 out of 10 with a downward tendency. I'm currently playing Cyberpunk 2077 and for me it's in a different league than STAR WARS Jedi - Fallen Order.

Last edited:
Back