Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I missed this guy, where has he been?

And yes ok you can't compare with Cyberpunk because reasons, but that was a funny comment :mrgreen: that and the video making him stressed :runaway:
its incredibly detailed environments. Not sure what type of asset tools they have, but if they are making all of that from scratch with no procedural generation; that is quite an undertaking.

its incredibly detailed environments. Not sure what type of asset tools they have, but if they are making all of that from scratch with no procedural generation; that is quite an undertaking.
Well, from memory R&C levels are large but quite self contained in a series of corridors of varying size, so not very 'open'. I'm sure that helps a lot perfecting every little corner of the stages.

I missed this guy, where has he been?

He's been in the same place as last time, living in Australia and making tutorials on how to make a videogame engine, while developing his own videogame engine by himself.

He started doing these reaction videos again last week, and I find them really great because he comes off as genuine: his popularity is already built elsewhere, doesn't have an audience and sponsors to cater to with number of views and subscriptions, doesn't owe fealty to any brand.

Well, from memory R&C levels are large but quite self contained in a series of corridors of varying size, so not very 'open'. I'm sure that helps a lot perfecting every little corner of the stages.
Yup, from what I remember of the PS4 Ratchet & Clank the levels feel big but they're actually non-complex and not very big either.

I replayed the PS4 Ratchet & Clank game just a few weekends back (after the 60fps update) and several of the worlds are designed as fully open environments. What tends to prevent you moving freely about them is dangerous terrain like lava or lack of equipment but there is one massive world (Gespar) in particular that is wholly predicated on getting around around it in a jetpack.

There aren't any mini-cell load-triggered environments like Bethesda games, the worlds are just open environments so if you can see something in the world, and you can glitch your way to it, you will see how open the worlds are. The same was true of the PS3 and PS2 outings too. :yes:

e0jllvpuuassa0u6ckxo.jpg

That trailer is nearly perfect, not talking about the graphics just the way its constructed, like a story I wanna see how it turns out .

i'm sure we'll get some VR modes in this and Spiderman once PSVR2 releases.
Based on the PSVR Spider-Man experience, a full on Spider-Man PSVR2 game would be amazing. And also terrifying.

Reactions: snc
Back