Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Hi

It is the first time I get the issue. Maybe I have manually put it in rest mode in the past. But definitely first time I let the system go in to rest mode after x minutes (20 in this case) of inactivity. Been working fine since then but as rest mode is now disabled (when no activity) I haven't really tried that mode.

Similarly to some of the above posts, mine enters and exits rest mode without issue, whether it's done automatically or manually.

Because all 3 of my dualshock 4 are broken right now, and I only have dualsense that's working fine.
The new price of dualshock 4 is almost the same as dualsense in here, so if I can just buy a usb dongle instead....

What usb dongle allows dualsense to work with PS4?
Thank you

I've watched it on an oled S7+ and there seems to be some weird speckling on many scenes, noticeable on fur. Doesn't look like the typical film grain effect.

I've watched it on an oled S7+ and there seems to be some weird speckling on many scenes, noticeable on fur. Doesn't look like the typical film grain effect.

Just watched it on my S7+ tablet and can't say I know what you're talking about. Did you select 2160p resolution?

Same. S7+ Oled tablet. Both mid and max brightness

0:24 on the puddles up to 0:27 at the lower middle of the screen. Some weird speckling.
0:28 on the floor weird speckled shadows.
Entire 0:34 scene with Rivet. I keep replaying it and the fur has some weird speckle.
0:52 with Ratchet and the enemy robot scene. Speckling on the fur. It's sometimes hard to see on stills. Quite noticeable on the background around Ratchet.
On next scene at 0:57, showing the rocky area, there's much less or no speckling in comparison.
0:59 this looks much with Rivet. On the other scenes where she's closer to the cam, there's that speckling again. Her close up at the end of this scene also doesn't have that or much less of that speckling I'm talking about.
1:07 rocky area scene again, looks much cleaner like the last one compared to other scenes. When Rivet's face shows up at the end with robot, I don't notice any speckling on her fur.

Maybe it's just lower quality upload? The game's film grain looking worse on darker scenes together with youtube compression?

I didn't notice such in Gamersyde ps5 spiderman videos.

Yes. It's at 4K.

Anyway, more impressed with the older trailer that was showing real gameplay with scene density with npcs running around.

Anyway, more impressed with the older trailer that was showing real gameplay with scene density with npcs running around.

Thought the same thing, but its an impressive looking game nonetheless. Up there with the top (even though weve seen not much so far).
Il settle for 30fps mode for the highest quality. Doubt it will kick DS off the thrown though.

What's the timing for today's State of Play in CET land? They will have 15 min presentation for Rift Apart.

Did you just.. quote yourself saying you see the same artifacts as yourself?
tenor.gif

Do we know what is holding up expandable memory on the PS5 at this point?

We have PCIE 4 SSDs that excel the speed of the PS5 SSD and are around 7gbs, which was the number most people thought would be acceptable for the PS5. Yet, here we are with no approved SSDs.
There was talk about Sony increasing the fan speed in a firmware update, and some people thought this was to do with the extra heat generated by M2 SSDs. Nothing official on that tho.
So if 7gbs SSDs arnt fast enough, just what speed will be acceptable going forward for expansion memory?

Do we know what is holding up expandable memory on the PS5 at this point?

We have PCIE 4 SSDs that excel the speed of the PS5 SSD and are around 7gbs, which was the number most people thought would be acceptable for the PS5. Yet, here we are with no approved SSDs.
There was talk about Sony increasing the fan speed in a firmware update, and some people thought this was to do with the extra heat generated by M2 SSDs. Nothing official on that tho.
So if 7gbs SSDs arnt fast enough, just what speed will be acceptable going forward for expansion memory?

It's probably a question of engineering priorities. It's also possible those ssd's could require ps5 specific firmware fixes making integration more complicated. It's not like this is needed in a hurry. I doubt many people have internal drive full of actively played ps5 games. Using external hdd to play ps4 games and store ps5 games helps those people who are running out of disk space.

Why dualsense support is a mess?
  1. It works on PS5 and ps3, not on PS4. Requires 3rd party unofficial usb dongle to work with PS4.
  2. It works on remoteplay on pc, didn't work on remoteplay on Android, it works with 3rd party unofficial remoteplay app on Android.

Why dualsense support is a mess?
  1. It works on PS5 and ps3, not on PS4. Requires 3rd party unofficial usb dongle to work with PS4.
  2. It works on remoteplay on pc, didn't work on remoteplay on Android, it works with 3rd party unofficial remoteplay app on Android.

It works on my 12 pro max since the 14.5 update :p

Back