Ghost of Tsushima [PS4], Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut [PS4, PS5]

Btw is this game fun and engaging for players that really hates busy work and really like story driven gameplay?

Its currently discounted on US PSN

Btw is this game fun and engaging for players that really hates busy work and really like story driven gameplay?

its quite story driven open world game, if you are busy just play main quests and from optionals I can recommend the one with people face marks on map and legendary that unlock special skills

Definitely. I'm tired of games that are more work than game, which is why I'm done with the Assassin's Creed games.

You can definitely just focus on the main story missions - and the mission menu is set up to facilitate exactly this - but it's very easy to organically get sidetracked and do smaller quests too.

I'm not very far in, and I keep getting distracted by icons on the map or events within sight. After a few hours, none of it feels laborious.

And at 4K60... oh my word, this game looks amazing. I'm a very happy chappy that my first playthrough of this game is on the PS5.

Dang turns out ghost discount were shorter than all other discount (till 27 April).

Why Sony why put the thing together with a group discount that goes to 27 April but ttuns out some of them are back to normal price before 27 April....

Dang turns out ghost discount were shorter than all other discount (till 27 April).

Why Sony why put the thing together with a group discount that goes to 27 April but ttuns out some of them are back to normal price before 27 April....
It’s not the first time it’s been on sale so likely be on again soon. I picked it up this time looks amazing, but only just started playing.

WRT ending before other titles, I believe The Order was also on sale and removed halfway as I was going to bite as I fancied another play through...it does suck but at least Sony have loads of sales, just waiting on Sackboy!

It’s not the first time it’s been on sale so likely be on again soon. I picked it up this time looks amazing, but only just started playing.

WRT ending before other titles, I believe The Order was also on sale and removed halfway as I was going to bite as I fancied another play through...it does suck but at least Sony have loads of sales, just waiting on Sackboy!

It was really weird. If this was a tactic to force people to decide and buy, they did it wrong. They should have put the different deadlines in a big red or yellow box, very prominent, with an easily visible countdown.

Instead they hide the different discount time in the normal sized text in.... Where was it... In the game description?

It was really weird. If this was a tactic to force people to decide and buy, they did it wrong. They should have put the different deadlines in a big red or yellow box, very prominent, with an easily visible countdown.

Instead they hide the different discount time in the normal sized text in.... Where was it... In the game description?
They should just have the dates on the main ‘sale’ button so it’s nice and clear anyway. Then they could have had an 'extended' section with a new date.

I always check the dates of anything I might be interested in, The Order was the first time I’ve not done that...it’s the only way to be sure.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD

the intro is pure eye-candy, eargasm. I almost shed tears, my chest tighten!

Then the game starts going "cheaper and cheaper" while keeping the awesome visuals and audio. It mainly just the sweet camera, scene direction, and animation that basically gone, probably because it is humanely impossible to polish the whole open world to be like the opening scene. The only game I ever played that ridiculously got everything ridiculously polished was TLOU2, and it's mainly on-rails, and pseudo-open-world (wide linear).

Will I ever experience another amazing, hand-made, highly polished set pieces gameplay scenes in the game?

Or it was just for the intro mission? Or only the intro and last mission will have it?

Currently doing the main mission with the archer and the thief and... All of them are generic open world thing. No hand made epic scene, no sweet mocapped special animations, no dramatic camera work when talking, etc

This felt like cyberpunk 2077 but worse. On cyberpunk, the hand crafted highly polished missions were in the majority of the main campaign. But in tsushima, it ws only in the intro mission.

Fortunately, simply dicking around in tsushima felt really good. On cyberpunk the city atmosphere was really good from the visual, audio, etc. On tsushima, the nature is really good.

Their decision to not put music while exploring is also a nice touch. The nature sounds is the music!

The overly saturated, almost cartoony look also a true eye candy. Makes me remember zelda botw on certain weather and location.

uh............. did the gameplay team got constant fiddling by the "game longevity" team? The main story mission sometimes is filled with annoying back-and-forth busywork lol.
  • Objective: Find X, so X can do Z.
  • Hey I found X! But X requires Y to be able to do Z. Thus I go finding Y.
  • Hey I found Y! Now what? huh? I need to bring Y back? okay...
  • Now what? my teammate is missing? Thus I go find my teammate.
  • Hey I found my teammate! mission progress? nope. need to keep doing this back and forth.
fortunately its still not as bad as Destiny 2. In that game, the sudden additional objective will be ridiculously uninspired and annoying like "Kill 99999999 enemies with headshots".

btw the honorable x thief gameplay decision turns gets called out in the story, but it was forced. Because there is some mission where you are forced to kill without honor.

eh, whatever. I still prefer doing the dramatic stand off LOL. too bad its buggy as heck. sometimes the prompt appear, sometimes it didnt.

Back