Destiny 2

please explain more.

First of all it’s all super snappy and very fast.

More importantly it’s full 60fps - and I stopped playing D2 ages ago simply because I could no longer tolerate that 30fps on PS4.

There’s even a FOV slider which helps a lot! Not sure about res but it says 4K so I guess it’s native?

As for the tricky PSN download - you have to get into the game page, click on the 3 dots and download “Destiny 2 PS4 & PS5”. 60GB or so. That’s the full update.

so i downloaded it yesterday, tried it briefly before going to sleep.
That was...Destiny 1 begining ? o_O
Yeah the reused D1 beginning and modded it a bit.

Basically destiny 1 rise of iron never happened. Probably destiny 1 we played was from different reality. One of the dark reality the stranger exo often utter

anyone in here loves the repetitive grind of Destiny 2?

multiple times, I've asked it in Destiny subreddit, the only replies i ever got was useless replies like
  • Its a looter shooter, of course i play for the loot (but no explanation of why)
  • various harsh words to me because i don't "Get" the enjoyment of grinding (hey, i posted the thread because i don't understand...)
  • thread deleted by mods because not related to destiny with no further explanation
Personally, I play Destiny series for
  • campaign/missions/strikes/raids
  • gameplay
  • story/music/atmosphere
i don't understand the enjoyment of people grinding just to get random loot that most of the time instantly dismantled. I enjoy Destiny more when I simply ignored the bounties and loot. The nonsense exotic quests also didn't help. e.g. kill 99999999 enemies in the head, then kill 999999 guardians, then you get this exotic weapon o_O.

thus I'm really curious as, why people love the repetitive grind of destiny 2.

multiple times, I've asked it in Destiny subreddit, the only replies i ever got was useless replies like
  • Its a looter shooter, of course i play for the loot (but no explanation of why)
  • various harsh words to me because i don't "Get" the enjoyment of grinding (hey, i posted the thread because i don't understand...)
  • thread deleted by mods because not related to destiny with no further explanation
  • gameplay
  • story/music/atmosphere
i don't understand the enjoyment of people grinding just to get random loot that most of the time instantly dismantled. I enjoy Destiny more when I simply ignored the bounties and loot. The nonsense exotic quests also didn't help. e.g. kill 99999999 enemies in the head, then kill 999999 guardians, then you get this exotic weapon o_O.

I don't see how anyone can enjoy these repetitive grind fests. Mindlessly shooting blandly designed, bullet sponge targets in one barely designed arena after another just so you can get some % boost to whatever stat to do it all over again against the same exact enemies with just enough of an increase to their bullet sponginess to offset your stat increase.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm really confused how can The "core" destiny 2 gamers (or at least in Destiny subreddit) seems madly in love with grinding. They even praises the "seasons".

For me, since bungie moved to seasons instead of mini DLCs in between big DLC, it's downhill. It's just a loop of grind. Beyond light is supposed to be a big DLC, it's priced as expensive as Forsaken DLC, but instead of lots of story missions, we got only 3 story missions with tons of grinds.

Heck, between story missions, it was filled with mandatory grinds. I just want to enjoy the story missions....

Yeah I think I had my fill of Destiny after the season of the whatever (when we got the cool fire bow). I am even considering -shock horror- deleting the game from my PS5, as I haven't touched it in months and it's just sitting there using up space.

Yeah I think I had my fill of Destiny after the season of the whatever (when we got the cool fire bow). I am even considering -shock horror- deleting the game from my PS5, as I haven't touched it in months and it's just sitting there using up space.

haha
on PS4, deleting Destiny 2 is an even easier decision as each new season there will be major update and those major update could take longer than simply doing a fresh install due to the horrendous "copying" process that happen after the update is downloaded.

Seems bungie doubled down on the core gamers on reddit that LOVES to play the same thing again and again on loop.

The new season will only have 1 paid mission and 1 new paid activity. Evrything else including the vault of glass are free to play.

No need to buy the season then.

I'm also done with destiny. It seems the innovation for Destiny has largely ended. They are still the hallmark of PVE co-op fps I guess. But people are going to check out other titles now.

• gameplay
  • story/music/atmosphere

It depends on whether you find the core gameplay loop fun or not.

I've been playing Warframe since alpha way back in 2012. The gameplay has evolved but is still largely the same. And I can still lose myself for hours in it. It only becomes a grind if you don't enjoy it.

Hence, if someone genuinely enjoys the gameplay loop a question like, "Do you like the repetitive grind?" makes almost no sense. If someone asked me if I liked the grind in Warframe, my answer would be, "What grind?" However, if you don't like the core game play loops and are just forcing yourself to play it in order to get X drop or progress to Y point in the story or progression? Yeah, it'll be a grind and you likely won't enjoy it.

It's like asking someone that plays FIFA or Madden, do you enjoy the grind of doing the same thing over and over again for no gain? Or asking someone that plays COD multiplayer, do you enjoy grinding those maps over and over again for no reason? Or asking the person that has just go through Dark Souls 3 for the 20th, 30th, 40th time, do you enjoy grinding the same thing over and over again? Same thing goes for Path of Exile players who do the same thing over and over again for hours on end for months at a time. Or Binding of Isaac players. Or...

Likely they'll look at you funny and ask you, "What grind?"

It's because it's fun for them. No-one should be playing a game if it feels like they are suffering. Just stop it and play something else. Likewise, don't assume that someone isn't having fun doing something just because you don't find it fun and think of it as a grind.

Regards,
SB

However, if you don't like the core game play loops and are just forcing yourself to play it in order to get X drop or progress to Y point in the story or progression? Yeah, it'll be a grind and you likely won't enjoy it.

For me it's thst I like the core gameplay but I really don't like the progression and drops.

Light level bullshit, forcing me to grab bounties that are no fun at all to play.

Random loot bullshit that making it extra annoying to dismantle stuff (do I dismantle this thing? Is this a good perk? Do I need this to increase my light level or I can delete it?)

The best of destiny 2 is when I reaches the season max light, thus I ignored the bounties and drops.

turns out Activision was the good guy?

all these time, It was Bungie that's greedy as heck?
or it was simply an economic considerations, as now bungie are independent, they don't have the huge budget/help from Activision's funds and studios, thus they really need to get their own funding?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ons-wont-be-available-in-the-standard-edition

Dungeons have previously been included within the various Destiny 2 expansions and season passes. However, they won't be included in the standard edition of the forthcoming Witch Queen expansion, nor in the Year 5 season passes.

This is absurd. This is some Star Citizen level of bullshit if you ask me.

But I am stupid sheep myself: the reason that I am angry about how easy it is for bungie to abuse the addicted kids is that they won‘t make D3 for me :(

Which will be entirely removed from the consumer in due time, possibly as little as 1 year. It's beyond mental.
What, seriously? This happens with Destiny?? Holy crap. :runaway:

Yes. That makes all posts elsewhere about Microsoft needing to acquire Bungie, to give them the Halo IP to work on, instantly laughable and insane in retrospect.

Vaulting content is fairly nuts. People didn’t complain about it at the start, I was surprised they didn’t; but now they are vaulting Forsaken content and now people have lost their shit. Lol

Back