CryptoCurrency Mining with GPUs *spawn*

thanks, I'll stick with windows in the mean time, and fiddle more with hiveos sometime later. I'll use external SSD, just to be safe. Im also afraid with mucking internal disks would break stuff haha.

I did this so many times, messing with partition tables copying stuff just to realised half way thru oooh shit i forgot something. And all my data is gone. Its better be safe than sorry. Btw how many gpus do you have? Hive is very usefull if you have few/many gpus and dont want to use native tools (or lack of it) on linux to overclock/downclock gpus. And its super easy to flash bioses set up temp profiles etc. But this is kinda overkill for 1 gpu.

I did this so many times, messing with partition tables copying stuff just to realised half way thru oooh shit i forgot something. And all my data is gone. Its better be safe than sorry. Btw how many gpus do you have? Hive is very usefull if you have few/many gpus and dont want to use native tools (or lack of it) on linux to overclock/downclock gpus. And its super easy to flash bioses set up temp profiles etc. But this is kinda overkill for 1 gpu.
I only have 1 GTX 1660 Super

but on windows, ETHminer sometimes closed. thus the computer just idling sipping electricity doing nothing. a waste of time and electricity. So I'm considering to reboot to HiveOS when leaving the computer overnight.

I only have 1 GTX 1660 Super

but on windows, ETHminer sometimes closed. thus the computer just idling sipping electricity doing nothing. a waste of time and electricity. So I'm considering to reboot to HiveOS when leaving the computer overnight.

I see, make sense. BTW i am using t-rex on windows on my secondary machine (1660TI). It is up like 60 days now without single issue.

Well my two rigs with seven Vega 56's will be reduced and then completely sold over the next 5-6 months as they are really only useful for mining Ethereum and not much use for current gaming.

As of right now Ethereum mining earnings are down 30% because of these two factors: Higher Difficulty (New miners and Newer ASIC's) and much reduced Gas Fees because of the increase in block size from 12.5 to 15 for gas.

https://www.gasnow.org

The upcoming EIP-1559 in July 2021 will reduce the mining income by another 30% and all that the miners will get post EIP-1559 is the base 2 ETH per mined block + a small tip + some mev income.

EIP-1559 will burn all the gas fees that currently goes to miners so days like today where gas is adding 2+ ETH to the minded blocks will not happen and the previous days when gas was extremely low and blocks were mined at 2.7 ETH will also go down to around 2.1-2.2 ETH per mined block.

And don't forget that Ethereum 2.0 is coming late 2021 or early 2022. Some even believe it will be happening in October 2021. When that happens then there is no more mining of Ethereum so when that happens look for the massive sales of used GPU's to appear on eBay. Before this latest mining boom you could buy used Vega 56's for $125. Currently on eBay they sell for $700+.

Last edited:
Well my two rigs with seven Vega 56's will be reduced and then completely sold over the next 5-6 months as they are really only useful for mining Ethereum and not much use for current gaming.

As of right now Ethereum mining earnings are down 30% because of these two factors: Higher Difficulty (New miners and Newer ASIC's) and much reduced Gas Fees because of the increase in block size from 12.5 to 15 for gas.

https://www.gasnow.org

The upcoming EIP-1559 in July 2021 will reduce the mining income by another 30% and all that the miners will get post EIP-1559 is the base 2 ETH per mined block + a small tip + some mev income.

EIP-1559 will burn all the gas fees that currently goes to miners so days like today where gas is adding 2+ ETH to the minded blocks will not happen and the previous days when gas was extremely low and blocks were mined at 2.7 ETH will also go down to around 2.1-2.2 ETH per mined block.

And don't forget that Ethereum 2.0 is coming late 2021 or early 2022. Some even believe it will be happening in October 2021. When that happens then there is no more mining of Ethereum so when that happens look for the massive sales of used GPU's to appear on eBay. Before this latest mining boom you could buy used Vega 56's for $125. Currently on eBay they sell for $700+.

everything you said is true, however hw shortages will not end soon and there is plenty of other coins to mine https://whattomine.com/
I highly doubt people will panic sell their mining gpus as there is nothing else to buy. But mining ETH is on timer, and there is not much time left.

Other coins can be mined yes, but not as profitable as eth... Difficulty will go up if a lot of hash power go to a network. It's hard to predict. But I doubt new people will invest in new (mining )hardware as much as we've seen last year. In that regard, imo, eth 2.0 can't come soon enough.

Other coins can be mined yes, but not as profitable as eth... Difficulty will go up if a lot of hash power go to a network. It's hard to predict. But I doubt new people will invest in new (mining )hardware as much as we've seen last year. In that regard, imo, eth 2.0 can't come soon enough.

you can start mining stuff like raven coin which is almost as profitable as eth and then sit on it and hope it goes up. Raven coin is around 20 cents. So if you mine it and hold it for a year or two and it goes up to a few dollars a coin you can make a lot more money.

true, but 8 months ago eth was nowhere near as profitable as it is right now still many people were mining.
I agree, it is very difficult to predict what will happen when people will start looking for new coin to mine. People will not invest in mining hardware with todays prices and with global hw shortages, its just crazy to invest in mining right now.

you can start mining stuff like raven coin which is almost as profitable as eth and then sit on it and hope it goes up. Raven coin is around 20 cents. So if you mine it and hold it for a year or two and it goes up to a few dollars a coin you can make a lot more money.

I agree. I'm just saying, in the end, it's not as easy as "immediate money" eth for the miners who just want immediate returns.

I agree. I'm just saying, in the end, it's not as easy as "immediate money" eth for the miners who just want immediate returns.

I mean in a way your right , but right now according to what to mine based on todays data a 3080 would get you

$8.13 ETH
$7.34 Concceal (cryptonightgpu)
$4.95 Firo

So there are coins mine and sell right away for close to the same money. We have to see what eip1557 does. Currently I am mining as much eth as I can and hoping people are right and it hits 5k+ by the end of the year. when I game i will switch to some of the alt coins just to get a few of each incase they explode

Hurrah!
Bitmain teases Ethereum miner as fast as 32x RTX 3080 GPUs - General Business - News - HEXUS.net
Bitmain, the Chinese crypto-mining technology company, is teasing a new hardware solution due to launch "soon". The Bitmain Antminer E9 system will be powered by custom ASIC(s) for high performance and exceptional energy efficiency and is targeting the popular Ethereum cryptocurrency.
Fleshing out its claims somewhat, Bitmain shares some key stats of the Antminer E9. It is capable of 3GH/s, with a power efficiency of 0.85J/M, consuming 2556W at peak performance.

According to Tom's Hardware, the headline 3GH/s figure that the Antminer E9 is claimed to achieve comfortably beats the rival Linzhi Phoenix Ethash ASIC miner (2.6GH/s, 3000W) while using less power. With the Linzhi Phoenix costing in the region of $12,000 the Antminer A9 is expected to go for somewhat more, perhaps the $20,000 mark. Compare that to the cost of a system(s) packing 32 GeForce RTX 3080 GPUs, and the power required, and you can see the attraction of these ASIC solutions.

Currently trying trex. It used less vram than ethminer but it made the pc laggy.

It does bring higher hash speed tho. At least on the app reported hash speed

As I have already replied here, I'm holding my breath for Bitmain delivering significant quantities of these.

But sure, I'm interested to see how it turns out in the end

Back