Movie Reviews 2.0

Just watched the directors cut of Batman vs Superman it's a lot different from the original
5wENHYa.png

Having never played Mortal Kombat, the recently-released movie is ludicrous nonsense. What was doing on? I don't know. Was it entertaining? Yes, it was. :yes:

After somewhat enjoying the previous Monarch monster movies for what they were, I really did not enjoy Godzilla vs Kong at all. The storyline was just stupid in every aspect but that's often needing to be overshadowed by the monster fight scenes, as you would hope. However, those scenes weren't impressive either and did not contain the sense of scale or dread of the previous movies. I think camera angles played a big part with lack of scale.

The overall speed of the monsters belied their size, I think they moved too fast and agile that what I previously enjoyed. Additionally, the scenes were too brightly lit and lacked some of the obscurity which really help sell the scenes previously. Especially Hong Kong which was full of colored lighting everywhere. The combination made the fight scenes look and feel like something from Power Rangers.

The combination made the fight scenes look and feel like something from Power Rangers.

I likened it back to the time when they had men wearing rubber suits, that's what the fight scenes felt like. I couldn't place why the scenes seemed different from earlier movies, but I think you're on point with the speed and camera angles being the difference.

The storyline was just stupid in every aspect but that's often needing to be overshadowed by the monster fight scenes, as you would hope.
Words utterly fail me on how dumb the story is. With an action film, particularly a monster film, you have to check reality in but rarely to you have to overlook so much dumb story in pretty much every scene. I have literally no words. :nope:

Been trying to find this but it’s not out in the UK? Weird.
According to the Metro, the UK situation is TBC. I have a US Amazon account which I treat with kid gloves. You'll need to register it from a US IP using a VPN that Amazon doesn't detect and access content likewise. I have a US registered credit card registered to my Amazon US account but I don't know if that's a requirement.

While the film was entertaining, I wouldn't suggest jumping through those hoops just to watch Mortal Kombat. :nope:

According to the Metro, the UK situation is TBC. I have a US Amazon account which I treat with kid gloves. You'll need to register it from a US IP using a VPN that Amazon doesn't detect and access content likewise. I have a US registered credit card registered to my Amazon US account but I don't know if that's a requirement.

While the film was entertaining, I wouldn't suggest jumping through those hoops just to watch Mortal Kombat. :nope:

Don’t worry, you lost me at US Amazon!

US amazon actually allows CC from any countries, its just that you need to access the CC info entry page with VPN from U.S.

hilariously, when they flagged my account as scam or something, they asked for my proof.
i gave them my Indonesian ID card, with a photo of Indonesian newspaper (date clearly visible), and they accept it and I am verified ROFL.

Btw, @London Geezer yarrr, cmon! visit the high seas yarrrrr, then you can buy the movie at a later date when its available in your country. Useless defense for legality, but maybe better for ethics and moral? dunno.

Back