CryptoCurrency Mining with GPUs *spawn*

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti's GA102-225 GPU pictured and specifications leaked - VideoCardz.com
April 22, 2021
Before this was communicated to AIBs, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti qualification samples did not have the limiter. This was revealed by Igor’sLAB. We do not know which qualification sample was tested by the leaker, nor of this score is true, but it is possible that the mining performance represented in this leak actually features a sample that has no limiter implemented.

According to the screenshot, this particular GeForce RTX 3080 Ti sample would offer an ETH mining hash rate of 118.9 Mh/s. That’s a lot. But this is also after optimizations (we can see that the TDP is reduced to 278W and the memory clock is 21.4 Gbps). Such a mining performance would certainly not go unnoticed by miners. After all, literally, the first performance leak of RTX 3080 Ti features mining performance. It just proves how big of a problem it has become.

It's virtually a 3090 with only having 12GB VRAM instead, should be 125Mh/s when tuned and properly cooled, but they won't release it without a limiter.

Anyway, my boss got me a thermal camera and i'm making it useful :runaway:

2avk5z.jpg

img_20210417_195529gjjux.jpg

3fpk5g.jpg

img_20210326_1933473yjhh.jpg

4kzkua.jpg

img_20210411_1735382vnj83.jpg

5f3klq.jpg

6dike9.jpg

img_20210411_17355323ijg9.jpg

7spkuy.jpg

815kd1.jpg

b550e72jtr.png

4f5j1b.png

rfpcay469xt61ejj87.png

pcmmjhi.png

Any idea why my current hashrate is higher than reported hashrate?

Both in flexpool and in ethermine is like that. Reported hashrate is ~30MH/s but current is ~40MH/s on ethermine and ~60MH/s on flexpool.

Really weird.

I only tested each of them for ~1 hour tho.

Will test ethermine overnight, and then I'll test flexpool again. Maybe the stats were unreliable because my test was only ~1 hour

It's possible it's just luck. The pool side estimates your hashrate by the shares you sent them. If you are lucky and find many shares in a short time, it'll make them think you have more hashrate.

i just tried hiveos, anyone know anything about this?

1. How to limit the CPU to lowest power? On windows I can set it to 5% max CPU power, thus it only sips ~20Watts. Without this max limit, the CPU usually hovers on 50-70 Watts.

2. How to install HiveOS on SSD and then dual boot with windows 10? Using USB FlashDisk, it took eons to boot...

i just tried hiveos, anyone know anything about this?

1. How to limit the CPU to lowest power? On windows I can set it to 5% max CPU power, thus it only sips ~20Watts. Without this max limit, the CPU usually hovers on 50-70 Watts.

2. How to install HiveOS on SSD and then dual boot with windows 10? Using USB FlashDisk, it took eons to boot...

1. I dont think you can do this in hiveos, there is a ton of options to tweak gpu bvut i havent seen anything for cpu. As this is normal linux os you can google it and maybe install some toolls that will allow you to do this.

2. https://hiveos.farm/guides-hdd_move/ I hope you have separate ssd for hiveos/Win otherwise you can mess things up. I am running hive on portable external hhd, takes few seconds to boot.

1. I dont think you can do this in hiveos, there is a ton of options to tweak gpu bvut i havent seen anything for cpu. As this is normal linux os you can google it and maybe install some toolls that will allow you to do this.

2. https://hiveos.farm/guides-hdd_move/ I hope you have separate ssd for hiveos/Win otherwise you can mess things up. I am running hive on portable external hhd, takes few seconds to boot.

thanks, I'll stick with windows in the mean time, and fiddle more with hiveos sometime later. I'll use external SSD, just to be safe. Im also afraid with mucking internal disks would break stuff haha.

A little OT but I got my Ledger Nano X \o/

Too bad Filecoin is not managed by default yet... I'm done mining btw, I was just pushing it until the next transfer, ans it's done. My office will be cool again :eek:

Back