Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

if beat saber removes all the superflous VFX that they keeps adding with every update, probably it can be stable 120fps

seems to be on Quest 1. I wonder how the Quest 2 fares in the same tests, might get better FPS if graphics settings are the same.

Yeah like I said the Quest 2 native app runs butter smooth.

I think I played its early alpha or something. Yes it does look amazing. There were a bunch of photogrammetry artefacts tho. Dunno they will clean those up or not. It could be a real pain to clean up.

Btw there's also real vr fishing that also use photogrammetry

I think I played its early alpha or something. Yes it does look amazing. There were a bunch of photogrammetry artefacts tho. Dunno they will clean those up or not. It could be a real pain to clean up.

Btw there's also real vr fishing that also use photogrammetry

They have bunch of videos on their youtube channel. How app differs from the videos I don't know. Interesting to see. I hope they make progress. This looks very interesting.

btw the official oculus wireless PCVR turns out is really really good! Way better in term of

- picture quality
- latency
- ease of setup
- performance

compared to ALVR and Virtual Desktop

btw the official oculus wireless PCVR turns out is really really good! Way better in term of

- picture quality
- latency
- ease of setup
- performance

compared to ALVR and Virtual Desktop

Thats really promising, wireless is clearly the future of VR. Does it have any compromises in terms of image quality, frame rate or latency compared to the tethered connection?

I haven’t tried but after fixing my WiFi Virtual Desktop works great and I can use it for steam and such so I can even run Half Life (haven’t bought it yet though). Don’t think this could do that, but I can certainly imagine it would be a little more seamless if an experience.

The Quest got a new UI update by the way, hasn’t read anything about it. Looking forward to being able to switch users at some point though, hope that is still coming.

Two weeks ago I think Winning Eleven got an update for hit detection of the bat against the table. That took a little getting used to but it is a nice improvement and works very well.

Back