Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

At first I thought it was an April Fools bit, but nope, April 2nd and full official news article and tweets by MLB and Xbox confirm. Its the real deal. Its the big show now.

Its interesting because MLB typically sells 1-2m copies a year. So we could see a big shift for MLB profits.

I also wonder if this paves the way for some other sony games to hit game pass. Can you imagine Horizon or Days gone hitting PC game pass ? That would be really interesting !

Its interesting because MLB typically sells 1-2m copies a year. So we could see a big shift for MLB profits.

I also wonder if this paves the way for some other sony games to hit game pass. Can you imagine Horizon or Days gone hitting PC game pass ? That would be really interesting !
I personally don't see this paving the way for Sony 1P titles hitting pc GP at all. Remember that pc GP is part of GPU.
Sony will happily take steam money, but anything directly related to xbox I think is doubtful.

I think it will give publishers another vector of data.

I could see MLB xbox matching or even surpassing ps revenue though, due to GP.
Due to the fact that it wasn't a double digit seller anyway.
That alone would be an even crazier outcome.

I personally don't see this paving the way for Sony 1P titles hitting pc GP at all. Remember that pc GP is part of GPU.
Sony will happily take steam money, but anything directly related to xbox I think is doubtful.

I think it will give publishers another vector of data.

I could see MLB xbox matching or even surpassing ps revenue though, due to GP.
Due to the fact that it wasn't a double digit seller anyway.
That alone would be an even crazier outcome.

I don't think sony will care if they put on 2-3 year old playstation games locked behind PC game pass as long as they don't show up on the xbox itself.

I've had Eastshade knocking about on my harddrive for a while. Owl artist adventure sounding worth a go. The voice acting is really off-putting. Might be that you encounter a kid voice actor early on. Uninstall!

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/04/06/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-april-2021/

Grand Theft Auto V (Cloud and Console) – April 8
Zombie Army 4: Dead War (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – April 8
Disneyland Adventures (Cloud) – April 8
Rush: A Disney/Pixar Adventure (Cloud) – April 8
NHL 21 (Console) EA Play – April 12
Rain on Your Parade (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – April 15
Pathway (PC) ID@Xbox – April 15
MLB The Show 21 (Cloud and Console) – April 20

Play Over 50 Cloud-Enabled Games with Xbox Touch Controls

In Case You Missed It:
Genesis Noir (ID@Xbox) – Now available with Cloud
Octopath Traveler – Now available with Cloud

b089febb5b34df4a1a7999b94e38197662fb3b57[1].jpeg

Looks like I might have to buy those Disney games if they are only on the Cloud. :/

EDIT: Already owned Rush. Disneyland Adventure is on sale for $8.

FYI, check XBDeals.net for history on lowest price before buying.

Also, oops. Game Pass subscribers are not supposed to buy games. We hate paying for stuff. I better cancel my subscription.

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
Looks like I might have to buy those Disney games if they are only on the Cloud. :/

I think the games are already / still on Game Pass, but what is new is being added to xCloud?

I think the games are already / still on Game Pass, but what is new is being added to xCloud?

Yes, the games were already on console, but as they just said Cloud only, I was confused if they were leaving console or just being added to the Cloud. I decided to not bet against it & took advantage of the sale. Kids play it a lot & they got real cranky the last time something they played left the service. I've done that a few times already & expect it to continue.

Tommy McClain

Available-Today_Coming-Soon_4202021.jpg

More expansion for xCloud games...
  • MLB The Show 21 (cloud/console) - Available now
  • Phogs! (PC) - April 22
  • Second Extinction (Game Preview) (cloud/console/PC) – April 28
  • Destroy All Humans! (cloud/console/PC) – April 29
  • Fable III (cloud) – April 30
  • Fable Anniversary (cloud) – April 30
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/04/20/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-april-2021-wave-2/

Yeesh, adding 1 million subscribers in the span of 20 days. I wonder if that was spurred on by the Bethesda acquisition? If they retain all of those new subscribers that's potentially between 120 - 180 million USD a year just from those subscribers. Of course, it's not going to be that as some of those will likely cancel and some are getting it at a discounted rate, etc.

Or to think of it another way, if all 23 million subscribers were retained and were paying full price, that would be between 2.76 - 4.14 billion USD of revenue a year.

To put that into some perspective. EA is one of the largest publishers and their reported revenue for FY 2020 was 5.5 billion USD. This kind of gives an idea of why MS is so heavily invested into Game Pass. Obviously because of promotions to get users to try the service, their actual yearly revenue range is currently lower than the above, but it should show why MS is interested in this.

Regards,
SB

Yeesh, adding 1 million subscribers in the span of 20 days. I wonder if that was spurred on by the Bethesda acquisition? If they retain all of those new subscribers that's potentially between 120 - 180 million USD a year just from those subscribers. Of course, it's not going to be that as some of those will likely cancel and some are getting it at a discounted rate, etc.

Or to think of it another way, if all 23 million subscribers were retained and were paying full price, that would be between 2.76 - 4.14 billion USD of revenue a year.

To put that into some perspective. EA is one of the largest publishers and their reported revenue for FY 2020 was 5.5 billion USD. This kind of gives an idea of why MS is so heavily invested into Game Pass. Obviously because of promotions to get users to try the service, their actual yearly revenue range is currently lower than the above, but it should show why MS is interested in this.

Regards,
SB
The increase is massive in such a short time...maybe they ran some promos? Could just be because a few titles were added- oh, what about EA being a part of it and some are migrators?

Either way, the real question is how much are people actually paying and what the long term plan is...but I won’t reopen that can today! Lol

If they retain all of those new subscribers that's potentially between 120 - 180 million USD a year just from those subscribers.

So in 42 years' time, the Zenimax purchase will have paid off. What a bargain!

I'm kidding, not trying to make a serious point at all. Just in case anyone wants to read this the wrong way.

TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_May3_16x9-02.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/05/03/xbox-game-pass-coming-soon-may-2021/

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Console and PC) – May 4
FIFA 21 (Console and PC) EA Play – May 6
Outlast 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – May 6
Steep (Cloud and Console) – May 6
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Console and PC) – May 13
Just Cause 4: Reloaded (Cloud, Console, and PC) – May 13
Psychonauts (Cloud, Console, and PC) – May 13
Red Dead Online (Cloud and Console) – May 13
Remnant: From the Ashes (PC) – May 13

Is dragon quest builders based off the original games like the first one or the newer games ? I tried the demo for part one on my switch and it was fun. I haven't played a dragon quest since they were still called dragon warrior. Got my copy free in nintendo power

Is dragon quest builders based off the original games like the first one or the newer games ? I tried the demo for part one on my switch and it was fun. I haven't played a dragon quest since they were still called dragon warrior. Got my copy free in nintendo power
It’s related to the story of DQ/W2: “The story takes place after the main events of the original Dragon Quest II,
where the scions of Erdrick defeated the God of Destruction Malroth and the evil priest Hargon who summoned him. Peace reigned throughout the land until a cult called the Children of Hargon emerged, destroying anything and everything. They decreed heresy upon all things associated with building, cooking, and creating, then rounded up all the builders throughout the world.

Edit: Builders 1 plays with the story of Warriors 1.

Last edited:
omfg, Dragon Age Inquistion is now 60fps.

TFFinally.

Surprinsgly anthem moved to 60 which is nice but the game is officially dead.

Still need ME: Andromeda, Dark Souls 3, Batman Arkham Knight.

I think that would be a solid.

Last edited:
It’s related to the story of DQ/W2: “The story takes place after the main events of the original Dragon Quest II,
where the scions of Erdrick defeated the God of Destruction Malroth and the evil priest Hargon who summoned him. Peace reigned throughout the land until a cult called the Children of Hargon emerged, destroying anything and everything. They decreed heresy upon all things associated with building, cooking, and creating, then rounded up all the builders throughout the world.

thanks will certainly check it out.

Does anyone know if all game pass promotional codes (free trial) have an expiration date? I know that usually they have, but are there exceptions?

Back