The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Woah! Watched the latest Falcon and the Winter Soldier and DAAAAMN!

Wow that escalated quickly and got so dark, so very very dark! :O

Yeah, this show is fantastic. There is nobody wholly in the right or the wrong and it's brilliant in that you can see and understanding why people are motivated to do what they are doing. The actor who plays John Walker is doing a fantastic job.

The actor who plays John Walker is doing a fantastic job

Yep. I really want to punch his face and tell him to grow up. He keeps acting like a teenager with unstable hormone and emotions, and with no real grasp of consequences and planning.

If only iron man is not dead and he met iron man. He will get lots of dissing and sarcasm and much more from iron man lol.

Edit: he also keeps forgetting that he had teammates

I enjoyed PoI which was decent enough nonsense. Some remarkably wooden acting from Jim whatshisface, the lead character. As with so many shows, the supporting characters were much more interesting. I don't think we ever finished watching it, however. A similar level of nonsense to The Blacklist. Similarly hokey plotting and acting at times as well.

The new Mythic Quest special episode on D+ was fun.

And yeah I also enjoy Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Other than that though man there is not much to watch on Netflix or D+ or Apple these days. And I never even planned to have more than just Netflix.

The falcon and winter Indonesia dub was hilarious.

The new capt America and the upcoming capt America, both were dubbed by the same person (or at least very similar voice signature). The different is that he's sounds more gruff as the new captain America

Btw the streaming quality of Disney plus Indonesia is ridiculously low. Lower than yiutube. Much better to grab the show from the high seas.

Netflix, etc looks awesome. Complete with 4k and hdr. Dunno why d+ is so low quality

Saying people can't telepathically communicate with machines is non pc how so ?
"What, are you suggesting women don't understand machines? Would you be happier if it was a man as everybody expects? I'm not even a woman myself but this is so archaic, people like you should be banned from Internet!"

66a27e05adc3df6bb27b1289962235b4.jpg

lol, forget about the Wookie, don't get Lyta Alexander upset. That's my go to image for "angry telepath".

Summer Glau's character in Alphas had an extraordinary, though indeterminate, degree of affinity for machines, electronics, and computers. I figured since it was Summer Glau it was worth mentioning. :)

Alphas-S1x07-Catch-and-Release-Skylar-Serious.jpg

Though I guess the Alpha named Gary, the one that Sheldon on The Big Theory presumably was a fan of, fits the bill more closely. Sorry if this veers to being off topic, I saw it as an opportunity to post proof of life. :)

Which reminds me of a major turning point in Babylon 5, involving telepaths, computer controls, and the Shadows.

I was very grateful not only for FireFly’s movie finale but especially for Sense8’s two last episodes. Very satisfying.

I never watched the second season of Sense8 because I heard the ending wasn't, you're saying it's worth a watch and won't break my heart?

Finished Banshee last night. Enjoyable show with some great characters. Probably would have liked an extra season or two as well, especially expanding on the neo-nazi stuff, but it's good they wrapped up the storylines. The fight scenes in particular were really well designed.

Banshee is on my short list of Rewatchable Shows. It's kind of sad how many shows are merely one and done, especially when some have so much potential but is entirely squandered.

If you liked Banshee you may also like "Warrior". There is another season coming to the show but it will be on HBOMax instead of it's original Cinemax channel.

New trailer just dropped for Falcon and the Winter Soldier's last episode with a HUUUUGE spoiler in it, do not watch if you don't want spoilers!

Chris Evans is in it as old cap! :D

Back