Resident Evil Village (Capcom) [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

PS5 still doesn't have VRR, right? That makes 45 FPS a very very strange frame rate for Capcom to be targetting.

Also, since there might be (probably are) XBS-X owners who don't own a VRR capable display, it's weird that there doesn't appear to be a 30 FPS option for RT.

Oddly enough, that means if you don't have a VRR capable display then the XBS-S has the potential to offer the best RT experience. :confused:

Also, while XBO-S supports HDR, I don't think XBO does, hence they likely just didn't bother supporting HDR for the base XBO/XBO-S. Seems weird, as I can't imagine it's difficult for them to query which base console it is running on and either enable or disable HDR based on that.

Regards,
SB

That makes 45 FPS a very very strange frame rate for Capcom to be targetting.

Neither do the other consoles PS4/4Pro, making it a very odd choice, or at least marketing to a 45 FPS. So I'm reserving judgment until the DF deep dive to see the reality of the situation.

I don’t get it. What does 45fps look like on TVs with no VRR? Is it not going to be all choppy?
probably still better than 30 that most rt implementation targets on consoles (tough after playing r8 demo I think it will be gimmick and most will play without it)

Yeah, seems to be that "45 fps" marketting term means its unlocked FPS that can dip down to 45 FPS instead of it locked at 45.

Looks better than 45fps/w RT.

- PS5 has the ability to enable or disable Ray Tracing mode. This change affects global lighting. The framerate with RT on is somewhat more unstable.
- PS4 Pro has two display modes. We can choose between 4K Checkerboard and an average of 40fps or 1080p/60fps.
- Shadows are the same in all versions. - Anisotropic filtering is slightly higher on PS5.
- Loading times are incredibly fast on PS5. The demo starts 2 seconds, while on PS4 it is more than 30 seconds.
- PS5 and PS4 Pro (4K mode) use checkerboard (or a similar technique), although the average resolution is higher on PS5.
- Some textures are better on PS5, but there are no big differences.

The loading speed is pretty impressive. The CB resolution (clarity) from the Maiden demo was pretty great, might not have a chance to check out this demo though.

RT on
residentevilvillagegab5k0g.png

RT off
residentevilvillagegam6jsa.png

played demo, rt mode on ps5 is quite fluid, graphics is mixed (good character models, very poor grass, mixed textures), cb quite sharp, not much noise on screen but hairs doesn't look best

Back