Resident Evil Village (Capcom) [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

The demo has RT. RT shadow? It seems RT reflection seeing the cutscene with the miror and the woman in the trailer.
No idea, but looking at the demo the only thing i can focus on are those occlusion lacking reflections from probes, and they are still everywhere.
I wish somebody tries to limit this using RT. Although i fail to imagine how much this would help, this is THE current gen artifact for me, because it came with PBR just in time with PS4. I expected they would get rid of that with next gen and still do, but may take some time...

2160p checkerboard rendering 60 fps with some raytracing and some framedrops sometimes. The demo has RT. RT shadow? It seems RT reflection seeing the cutscene with the miror and the woman in the trailer.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/01/21/resident-evil-village-maiden-demo-hits-ps5-today/

Your lamp in the maze does not cast any shadows, Blade of darkness with a 486 and a TNT Riva casted shadows from torchs from every object everywhere.

Tried this - the RE games are still not my cup of tea. Anyway.

It looks ok I guess.

Lighting looks very good but the whole thing is completely static. It’s like walking around in a frozen world.

Some RT Reflections here and there. PS4 level assets everywhere though.

It must be noted that the engine and their latest games obviously put all the love and attention into the insanely detailed characters, and in this demo I didn’t really see any characters apart from that one with bugs all over her (or whatever it was), she killed me pretty quickly.

This is pretty much just another high budget, Capcom cash grab game. :D

I mean, how does this really, in all honesty, link to the overall lore of the series? About the only two connections are Chris being back, as an old grumpy veteran, and there will probably be some random references to past events. Like in 7: Biohazard, there would notes dotted around areas that mentioned things about Raccoon City, and whatnot. You can also find a photograph early into that game, which features a chopper with the Umbrella logo on it. Like, wow. That really gets my nostalgia juices flowing, Capcom.

Um, no!

Oh... and somebody's REALLY very overweight. Did anyone see the new merchant man who talked to Ethan Winters in the most recent trailer? What a fat piece of lard. Come on, Capcom. That's a bit over the top, huh? ;)

Just what is this Tim Burton, Penguin BS that Capcom has poured into this franchise now!? LMAO.

But um, yeah. This game in general, looks pretty stupid. Everybody loves the sexy looking "vampire" woman with the big breasts. Even the graphics aren't that hot, quite frankly. Unless the PS5 version will look way better than the PS4 version, which will no doubt be quite basic.

Maybe it will prove to be a good enough horror game if looked at in a general, unbiased fanboy sense. But hell, it's certainly nothing like the PlayStation and GameCube era Resident Evil games. If it wasn't for the RE legacy backing it up, it would probably be considered mundane like all of these first person jump scare games already available on Steam.

Going mainstream is what killed the series, to be honest. Even Resident Evil 4 and all that, are dumb games as well. RE4 is particularly overrated. That game was only marginally terrifying when it was released in 2005. That game ruined the series, for it moved things in a really crazy direction. It is however, a good action game, so it's certainly not the most crappy of games or anything. But Capcom burned away practically everything RE-like with that game, and now this sort of fantasy-esque nonsense is making it worse and worse by the year. Not to mention, the plot is a massive mess in general.

Oh, man. Something has to change. Even the multiplayer games and side story stuff, is hot trash as well. :(

Listed under "Output Resolution and Expected Framerate" section: https://www.residentevil.com/village/us/
RHLx3kI.jpg

Hopefully, RT mode for both PS5 and XBSX allows for 30fps VSYNC.

Aren't those 45FPS on consoles are probably going to just fallback to 30FPS except on the cases where VRR is on?
Unless it's actually 60FPS with frequent dips to 30FPS.

That's quite the odd decision. In RT-enabled modes, why not just use 1440p and/or dynamic resolution like they're doing for Stadia?

Aren't those 45FPS on consoles are probably going to just fallback to 30FPS except on the cases where VRR is on?
Unless it's actually 60FPS with frequent dips to 30FPS.

That's quite the odd decision. In RT-enabled modes, why not just use 1440p and/or dynamic resolution like they're doing for Stadia?
I think all is dynamic or cb (doubt ps4 pro is 4k 30)

I think all is dynamic or cb (doubt ps4 pro is 4k 30)
You could be right, but since the Stadia version specifically mentions upscaling and dynamic resolution, I assumed the others aren't using them because there's no mention of such.

Also, why are all the 900p/1080p implementations lacking HDR? If I'm on the OneX and chose 1080p60, why does HDR go off?
That's probably a typo.

You could be right, but since the Stadia version specifically mentions upscaling and dynamic resolution, I assumed the others aren't using them because there's no mention of such.

Also, why are all the 900p/1080p implementations lacking HDR? If I'm on the OneX and chose 1080p60, why does HDR go off?
That's probably a typo.

I wondered the same and thought it could possibly be related to limitations on hdmi output on consoles maybe? Are there any games that enable HDR on 1080p out there?

I wondered the same and thought it could possibly be related to limitations on hdmi output on consoles maybe? Are there any games that enable HDR on 1080p out there?
AFAIK the only one that doesn't support 1080p HDR is the OG XBox One. All the others (OG PS4, PS4 Slim, OneS) support 1080p HDR, and obviously so do the mid-gens.

Well you surely can play FF7 and Death Stranding with HDR on vanilla PS4. So....it doesnt make sense to not be able to run HDR on any of the consoles mentioned besides the original XBOX One
It should be doable.

Back