GART: Games and Applications using RayTracing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomb Raider even has shadows for translucent layers of foliage.

hmmmm... there must be a sweet spot in the middle... :D

RTXGI and RTXDI are now publicly available in the UE4 NvRTX branch. No need to apply for access from Nvidia anymore.

NvRTX 4.26.1-3 release

Based on UE 4.26.1-release engine. Changes since nvrtx-4.26.1-2:

Add RTX direct illumination support (RTXDI/ReSTIRS)
Add NVIDIA realtime denoiser support with NRD plugin (NRD/ReLAX)
Add RTX global illumination support with RTXGI plugin

We have reached a strange impas when I like the lights in a game world (CyberPunk 2077) better than a tech demo (RTX Boulevard) :runaway:

We have reached a strange impas when I like the lights in a game world (CyberPunk 2077) better than a tech demo (RTX Boulevard) :runaway:
I think this is just the difference of one being a fully art produced and iterated on AAA game with such assets, and the other being a much shorter produced graphical demo with a lot less art time and resources.

RTXGI and RTXDI are now publicly available in the UE4 NvRTX branch. No need to apply for access from Nvidia anymore.

NvRTX 4.26.1-3 release

Based on UE 4.26.1-release engine. Changes since nvrtx-4.26.1-2:

Add RTX direct illumination support (RTXDI/ReSTIRS)
Add NVIDIA realtime denoiser support with NRD plugin (NRD/ReLAX)
Add RTX global illumination support with RTXGI plugin
That is cool. Hopefully these alongside all the other RT enhancements and performance improvements from the NvRTX build come to the main build ASAP, just like DLSS.

The RTXDI SDK supports the DirectX Raytracing (DXR) API version 1.0 and 1.1 for DirectX12 , and Vulkan Ray Tracing via the VK_KHR_ray_query and VK_KHR_ray_triacing_pipeline APIs on Windows.

RTXDI works on any GPU with support for the DirectX Raytracing or Vulkan Ray Tracing, including all NVIDIA RTX 30 series and RTX 20 series GPUs.

https://developer.nvidia.com/rtxdi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back