Windows 10 [2018]

Some "professional" apps need pagefile, but even there it's only 2 - 4 GB. Allocating a 64 GB pagefile is pure insanity and asking for trouble ...

wtf you doing ???

Working on very large Photoshop files, while a bunch of opera, edge, and chrome windows/tabs opened. Then I played destiny 2 without closing anything.

the issue started after I finished playing destiny 2.

The interesting thing is that:
Opera and chrome didn't suspend any tabs. Edge suspended most background tabs.

This issue is the first time ever happened to me tho. As that's how I normally use my computer, except when playing cyberpunk or doing video upscaling. I always do a full reboot before doing any of those.

Try right clicking it...and my brain did not like that UI setup...holy "#¤"#%#" :LOL:

lol
Thank you, right click showing it as "Preview Handler Surrogate Host". What does that even means LOL hahahahah

its prevhost.exe on windows system folder.

Preview Handlers a lightweight, rich, read-only preview of the file's contents in the view's reading pane in Windows OS.

came from a "trusted" store.
No, it comes from microsoft

im confused lol
kcCsYou.jpg

But I wonder, why it was showing in the Taskbar? Isn't it's supposed to be a hidden background service that never be shown on the Taskbar?

maybe it was called incorrectly by something wanting it to preview a file and therefore exploit a vulnerability, just like some websites would contain a hidden pdf file which would exploit a vulnerability in the browser if it was set up to auto display pdf files instead of using the default pdf program (like acrobat)
run malwarebytes or similar

Took the plunge and upgraded my Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Enterprise LTSC, bringing along my existing apps and files. Still getting used to the new interface and layout but overall it was a good upgrade. Most applications will run without issue but some require reinstallation/repair to work.

Using the Event Viewer to track and fix errors can be somewhat cumbersome if it contains lots of trickle down errors from something you've fixed. One utility I've used in the past to clear the Event Viewer log after a fixed problem seems to still work with Win 10.

I've put the code below for anyone who wants a clean Event Viewer log at any point. Just put the code in a .bat file and run as administrator.
Code:
@echo off
FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN ('bcdedit') DO SET adminTest=%%V
IF (%adminTest%)==(Access) goto noAdmin
for /F "tokens=*" %%G in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO (call :do_clear "%%G")
echo.
echo goto theEnd
:do_clear
echo clearing %1
wevtutil.exe cl %1
goto :eof
:noAdmin
exit

Back