Microsoft rumored to be buying...... [2020-04, 2020-07, 2020-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From MGS3 onwards, at every release of every game, Kojima's threatened to make it his last MGS game. All that upheaval in leaving Konami would be for nothing if he's straight back to being shackled to that franchise. I really don't see Kojima returning to MGS. And without Kojima, it's not really MGS.

That said, this is exactly the kind of very American, very Microsoft move that I'd expect: to at least intend to drink someone else's milkshake.
could be as simple as Kojima being involved but hands off and more big picture person and there will be other people handling the day to day for the MGS game. Kojima then gets the project he wants funded in return.

Dunno tho

There are rumors that MS is "buying" Konami's big franchises

https://gamingbolt.com/metal-gear-solid-ip-is-being-licensed-out-up-for-grabs-rumor
https://samagame.com/en/did-microso...-it-smells-wrong-but-everyone-talks-about-it/

And with this.......it would have been crazy if MS actually bought these franchises and then license them to Kojima Studios to make them exclusive for XBOX,
115452.jpg

Did they crop the picture ? what about all the stuff on the window sill and then the space under it ? Also there is more to the shelves.

There are rumors that MS is "buying" Konami's big franchises

https://gamingbolt.com/metal-gear-solid-ip-is-being-licensed-out-up-for-grabs-rumor
https://samagame.com/en/did-microso...-it-smells-wrong-but-everyone-talks-about-it/

And with this.......it would have been crazy if MS actually bought these franchises and then license them to Kojima Studios to make them exclusive for XBOX,
115452.jpg
There is some smoke regarding Metal Gear and MS. Let's see what's gonna happen. Imagine MS giving Kojima Konami's IPs as a gift:mrgreen:

Metal Gear Solid Kojima's Cut, Metal Gear Intergrade

Any guesses what this is? Almost looks like it could be a light saber

To mix all the rumours up, Kojima is making a star wars game inspired by metal gear. Maybe Darth Vader was truly the weapon to surpass metal gear

upload_2021-4-14_16-49-21.png

Given the nutty things people are speculating, this is one of the least crazy to me.

Any guesses what this is? Almost looks like it could be a light saber

I'm pretty sure Phil Spencer is just putting shit on his shelves to fuck with people. And this would be brilliant! :yes:

Given the nutty things people are speculating, this is one of the least crazy to me.

I'm pretty sure Phil Spencer is just putting shit on his shelves to fuck with people. And this would be brilliant! :yes:
Oh, he almost certainly is, but he also has a long history of teasing stuff this way too. He hid a Series S in the background of a livestream months before it was announced, and he frequently wears t-shirts hinting at announcements at major events (was wearing a psychonauts tshirt at the e3 where they announced the double fine acquisition, etc). So he's trained people to analyze the hell out of everything he puts in front of a camera.

Did they crop the picture ? what about all the stuff on the window sill and then the space under it ? Also there is more to the shelves.

I wonder if that mini Xbox series X next to the switch is functional? LOL

Xbox Series R(emote Play) confirmed!!!

I'm still not convinced that was his office. He reports directly to Satya & that's his office? :)

Tommy McClain

I'm still not convinced that was his office. He reports directly to Satya & that's his office? :)

In the 1990s and early 2000s the top people in any large organisation often had ludicrously large, and often opulent, offices. This feels rarer now, at least in Western cultures, where offices are much more practical. It also helps breaks down that "us" (workers) and "them" (management) barriers who often use shared office spaces or cubicles.

In numbers what are we looking at if MS wanted to aquire Hideo Kojima productions? I really hope MS pulls through with this so kojima has the resources from MS behind him whilst not being stuck to one platform. Kojima expressed not liking being closed to one platform to release his games.

In numbers what are we looking at if MS wanted to aquire Hideo Kojima productions? I really hope MS pulls through with this so kojima has the resources from MS behind him whilst not being stuck to one platform. Kojima expressed not liking being closed to one platform to release his games.

Game developer valuations are a bit frothy right now, I know kojima productions isnt a public company but compare them to some game developers that are.

for example Remedy is ~$770m usd
REMEDY, Remedy Entertainment Oyj, (FI4000251897) - Nasdaq (nasdaqomxnordic.com)

I dont know how you would rank kojima vs remedy, but I would have to imagine the Kojima would be able to get something atleast around that

Game developer valuations are a bit frothy right now, I know kojima productions isnt a public company but compare them to some game developers that are.

for example Remedy is ~$770m usd
REMEDY, Remedy Entertainment Oyj, (FI4000251897) - Nasdaq (nasdaqomxnordic.com)

I dont know how you would rank kojima vs remedy, but I would have to imagine the Kojima would be able to get something atleast around that

Ok well for MS that wouldnt be a too large of an investment i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back