Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

I was playing Warframe on my laptop last night via remote play from the PS5, which is such a cool thing that Sony should promote more, but it seems to be locked at 30fps? Does anyone have any experience with this, is there a way to make this to 60?

I was playing Warframe on my laptop last night via remote play from the PS5, which is such a cool thing that Sony should promote more, but it seems to be locked at 30fps? Does anyone have any experience with this, is there a way to make this to 60?

It must be, as stated above, an option within the PC app.

In the Android app, the options available for PS4 RP are resolution (360, 540, 720, or 1080) and framerate. Selecting 60fps disables recording on the PS4.

For PS5 RP, the options are resolution (same options as above, but my phone's only 1080p, so it may be possible to go higher) and HDR. Framerate isn't an option, which makes me think 60 is enabled automatically.

PS5 version FF14 will use some higher resolution texture, when the install size is 15GB smaller than the PS4 version.

Yes my son uses it too ... and yeah, it seems that this works even better on PS5.

Yes my son uses it too ... and yeah, it seems that this works even better on PS5.
Yeah, it's definitely smoother but I couldn't seem to get above 30fps. Until I realised it was pure pilot error and the setting for Frame Rate on the Video Quality tab applies to the PS5 as well as the PS4. Setting the resolution to 1080p and frame rate to high has fixed it. It's all a smooth 60fps now. Only uses ~13Mbps of bandwidth as well so they could push it higher.

So I just tried Remote Play on my PS5 after reading this thread and I found it totally unplayable. The image quality is nice, but the controller lag is impossible.

Maybe it's the nature of the games that I played (Tony Hawk's, COD), I dunno, I just found it to be a horrible experience. I couldn't land any easy tricks in Tony Hawk.

Even switching the PlayStation off was problematic, in the menu I went to the right in order to get to the power button and I went one too far. Selected something else.

Game streaming still has a long way to go. I won't be repeating the exercise anytime soon.

(I used a Galaxy S20 and a 100Mb line)

It must be, as stated above, an option within the PC app.

In the Android app, the options available for PS4 RP are resolution (360, 540, 720, or 1080) and framerate. Selecting 60fps disables recording on the PS4.

For PS5 RP, the options are resolution (same options as above, but my phone's only 1080p, so it may be possible to go higher) and HDR. Framerate isn't an option, which makes me think 60 is enabled automatically.

is that option?

yzt4KKx.jpg

is that option?

yzt4KKx.jpg

Oh, I didn't look at that bit. I just set the option in the Remote Play app. I had a go on my P20 Pro yesterday and that was buttery smooth as well. And because the phone is OLED and the TV isn't it also, embarrassingly, managed to somehow look better. :D

I got PS5 at last!

Console is so quiet, UI is mega fast, Astrobot is an excellent showcase for DualSense, and Demon's Souls is a visual victory.

DVR works really nice now. 30sec 1080p60 share button video uses 70MB, while three and a half minute Phalanx bossfight vid in 4K60 video uses 1.3GB.

DVR?

You mean for recording gameplay, not shows or movies?

Seeing as some games can black out certain sections for streamers, I’m guessing the Share button (screenshots and video capture) is just blanket disabled for movie playback?

The "first major PS5 console update" is out.

There are a few things that come with it, but I'm only interested in the following:

PS5 Storage Expansion and Management.
Store PS5 Games on Compatible External USB Drives.* With this feature, you can now transfer your PS5 games to USB extended storage from your console’s internal storage. It’s a great way to extend the storage capabilities of your PS5 console, and you can seamlessly copy your PS5 games back to the console’s internal storage when you’re ready to play. It is faster to reinstall PS5 games from USB extended storage than to re-download or copy them from a disc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is that option?

yzt4KKx.jpg

Good shout. It's not definitive, but it's a strong indicator that the PS5's Remote Play quality is limited to 1080p60.

Still no internal storage extension allowed? Meh
Nope, which would be 10x better than "you can keep data files in the USB expansion". What a meh update..
Even more so in the case of us eurolanders with 1Gb internet, where downloading from the internet is as fast, if not faster than using an external HDD, so the only way to make this feature worth it is if we get an external SSD with a USB-C controller.
And if we're going to spend money on a SSD and a not-that-cheap 5/10Gbps USB3 controller, we might as well get a fast 1TB NVMe and just not worry with what goes where.

Back