Days Gone (Sony Bend) [PS4, PC]

Yeah, at first I was furious with the game, the bike, the controls, everything. And after 5-6 hours, I started loving it. In the end, it's one of the best experience I ever had with a video game, it's awesome.

A new Resident Evil game like this from Capcom would be amazing. Unfortunately, what are the odds of them doing anything like this? Their legacy is already tarnished with these dull remakes and awful spin off titles.

Maybe a new Dead Rising would scratch that itch. Those are are close as Capcom have got to an open world zombie game.

I really want someone to come up with a Day Z style survival game where you have to live off the environment but won’t be shot by the elite players and has a decent zombie mechanic.

I really quite enjoy Day Z with the limited supplies and constant struggle (well at the start anyway)...once you get confident and ‘tooled up’ it’s just a glorified battle royal game that I’m crap at.

Gorgeous game but damn it's take a too long to warm up!

Liked the night and day transitions (Naughty Dog need this in their own engine now as) you could really feel the difference in danger. The intro sucked kinda felt half baked. Cut scene transitions are god awful.

There's some areas lacking polish, some of the missions end so quickly you're like is that it? I drove my bike all they way for a few bits of dialog?

It has UE4 perf issues (typical of this engine) even on PS5 with hitching whilst riding your bike.

There's enough variety but it's re-uses them too often, l got kinda tired of burning nests.

The infected seem to be in their own world l don't recall anyone being infected during my play through!

Voice acting of main character was excellent.

Enjoyed the game overall put over 40hrs into it completing the story the main game play loop was surprisingly good.

Gorgeous game but damn it's take a too long to warm up!

The infected seem to be in their own world l don't recall anyone being infected during my play through!

Voice acting of main character was excellent.

Enjoyed the game overall put over 40hrs into it completing the story the main game play loop was surprisingly good.

Someone is kind of turning...

They mention in some of the recordings and during some missions that the virus killed most of the weaker people (childs and elders) in the beginning and turned the others during the following weeks. It's also mentioned that whomever is still alive and human at that point is supposedly immune to the virus, which is why there are no new infections among humans.

However, if you get to 100% on all stories there's a bit of a cliffhanger surprise.

They mention in some of the recordings and during some missions that the virus killed most of the weaker people (childs and elders) in the beginning and turned the others during the following weeks. It's also mentioned that whomever is still alive and human at that point is supposedly immune to the virus, which is why there are no new infections among humans.

However, if you get to 100% on all stories there's a bit of a cliffhanger surprise.
Well thank you mr spoiler!

For me game is better than Tsushima and much better than Horizon, also sold well. Decision beyond stupid.
Yeah, I liked it much better than GoT too. On par with Horizon. Sony really need Shawn Layden back. And instead of a Bloodborne enhancement/remaster they're going the Skyrim route with Last of Us. YAY /s.

A pitch for the sequel was refused back in 2019, which doesn't necessarily mean we'll never see said sequel come to life, by Bend or otherwise. It could be that Sony wanted Bend to assist other AAA projects to boost the PS5's first-year titles (probably Last of Us Factions) before greenlighting Bend to work on their own game again.

Regardless, I'm not surprised that a sequel didn't get greenlit at the time.
I played the game to nearly 100% and it's a damned good game, but the truth is Bend took a massive risk by making a frigging zombie game.
There's probably no genre or theme that is more tired and predictable than zombies at the moment. Even Capcom has been slowly but steadily moving Resident Evil away from being a game about zombies and making it about mutated monsters.
At the same time, the game came out sandwiched between Spider-Man and Death Stranding and it seems to me its marketing budget was pretty low.
Also, the terrible mainstream videogame media pretty much panned the game because it dared to have a non-emasculated macho biker as protagonist.
All of these showed on the sales numbers at the time, even though the game eventually became a silent hit at some point.

However, Sony still likes money, and they're probably going to look at the PC sales to gauge interest. It's a game that's been on the Plus Collection for PS5 owners and now on the monthly Plus for the PS4 owners. It's also one of the very few titles that got a performance patch for the PS5, so it might be one of the most played games on that console.
I don't think the future of the franchise is set in stone.

Regarding the original article from Bloomberg, it's just another one of those hit pieces from Jason Schreier that doesn't really say anything of value other than #gasp# #shock# Sony is investing more in the franchises and teams that were more successful #shock# #gasp#.

I don't see what's so surprising about the article, it's been clear as day right in front of us the entire time.

The question now is if Remakes and Remasters will still sell like they used to now that PlayStation has usable backwards compatibility.

Back