What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the news of PS3 store closing soon I bought Tales from Space: About a Blob, the first game done by DrinkBox studio (Guacamelee games). it's exclusive for PS3 (and digital only). It's some kind of funny puzzle-plaform game. I like it a lot! Highly recommended. There is even a demo.

Also available for Vita.
And yes, it is a nice game. :)

Need For Speed Heat

1. Launch
2. Dolby Vision logo and blank screen
3. Googling, tons of people with exact same complain since many years ago (apparently inherent bug with Frostbite Engine)
4. Some says to change to YUV 4:2:2 or 4:2:0. Yes the game launch, but in SDR.
5. Some says to switch to other app before the game goes full scree. Yes the game launch, but in SDR

i gave up

Making my way through Persona 5 Strikers and I simply cannot believe that in 2021 a game can release with such poor IQ. Absolutely shocking.

Great game but that IQ is just so distracting.

replaying Driveclub VR. because even if it's really blurry by today's standards, it's still amazing
I tried the demo but found I kept removing the headset every 30 seconds to try and clean the screen. I wonder if it's any better on PS5.

Mafia 2 definitive edition, waste of potential (they should do proper remake as for 1), graphic is old, animation and fight mechanic clunky but still have a good time with title. Why so little gangster games with good cinematic narrative ?

Mafia 2 definitive edition, waste of potential (they should do proper remake as for 1), graphic is old, animation and fight mechanic clunky but still have a good time with title. Why so little gangster games with good cinematic narrative ?

does mafia 2 DE restores the numerous cut content that was in Mafia 2 vanilla?
a few i remembered
* car showroom
* a gentleman club
* something with train station
* a shopping mall with wall and roofs all made of glass (the outdoor shape is half cylinder)
* a huuuuuuuuuuuuge mansion that have bushes maze
* a huge jail (i think this was used for one of the DLC?)
* huge area around the dam

does mafia 2 DE restores the numerous cut content that was in Mafia 2 vanilla?
a few i remembered
* car showroom
* a gentleman club
* something with train station
* a shopping mall with wall and roofs all made of glass (the outdoor shape is half cylinder)
* a huuuuuuuuuuuuge mansion that have bushes maze
* a huge jail (i think this was used for one of the DLC?)
* huge area around the dam
Didnt play vanilla :d

Disco Elysium the Final Cut.

Tried it, hated it after 2 minutes. My son talked to me about it later and how great it was so I gave it a second chance last night, I was up until 3am glued to it!

I'm not playing it right, I cheated and maxed out all my stats at the start because I really hate to compromise. Then I cheated up all my abilities. Not all the way, but over half.

Turns out your abilities enable voices in your head to talk to you, you're supposed to specialize in one and you can do multiple run throughs in different styles to get all the dialogues. Since I cheated I have ALL the voices in my head giving me opinions/advice/information on everything and I fell in love with being a drunk, schizophrenic cop with amnesia! My son almost fell over laughing when he was watching me play, he'd never heard of anyone doing it and understood why I enjoy it this way so much.

Good game, story is old school fun! :love:

Tried it, hated it after 2 minutes. My son talked to me about it later and how great it was so I gave it a second chance last night, I was up until 3am glued to it!

I'm not playing it right, I cheated and maxed out all my stats at the start because I really hate to compromise. Then I cheated up all my abilities. Not all the way, but over half.

Turns out your abilities enable voices in your head to talk to you, you're supposed to specialize in one and you can do multiple run throughs in different styles to get all the dialogues. Since I cheated I have ALL the voices in my head giving me opinions/advice/information on everything and I fell in love with being a drunk, schizophrenic cop with amnesia! My son almost fell over laughing when he was watching me play, he'd never heard of anyone doing it and understood why I enjoy it this way so much.

I didn't max it out but I played same way. Drunk and crazy, hearing voices. For me the start of this game was real strong. It fell flat towards the end though. It was because I had super high expectation due to reviews raving about this game. Solid 8/10. Must play once title.

I'm still slowly playing prey. It's good! Love the atmosphere and mechanics and sounds,... It doesn't suck me in a way that I would finish it soon. I play half on hour every now and then. I'll finish it eventually. For prey I would give 7/10 so far. Good game, but not a must play. And don't mind 7/10, It's still good in my books. I just don't give those, 8,9,10 scores easily.

Last edited:
  • Nfs heat - looks like crap
  • Forza horizon - old but still looks marvelous and really fun to play, even for just driving aimlessly
  • Destiny 2. It's getting more and more annoying because bungie love to drip fed the story missions. But no other shooter felt this awesome to play (my new favorite : auto aimbot exotic bow)
  • Cyberpunk 2077. The update 1.2 destroyed my performance and introduced tons of bugs. But it's still fun to explore

I did my 3run with cheats too, it was great :D

But the ending was very rushed imo. I believed it was a joke at first, but no, it stopped there. It was/is very frustrating to me, I would not recommand the game because of that. Game is 8-9/10, but the ending destroyed it for me :/

Started Xcom 2 : War of Chosen.
Has been quite fun and has the dreaded one more turn/fight feeling.

Restarted once as in first mission two of my men died to a grenade, lesson learned.

Having just got my chunky new desktop I have been dipping my toes into gaming on PC again, after my last experience being with a GeForce 8800GTX.

I've rolled out Warframe (my go to an hour or two to spare game), the Metro series, Farcry 5, Rage 2, and finally all the Witcher games. Oh and Cyberpunk as well for good measure.

The oddity I have noticed though is the Witcher 3 which runs like silk on the RTX2060 but really struggles on the 6900XT! As in >100fps vs <60fps (same settings same mods etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back