How to make appletv app streams in 4k?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
I've digged the settings and Googled around, I'm stumped

How to make it stream in 4k?

I just bought pacific rim on it and it looks blurry, like it was streamed in 1080p. Netflix and YouTube works fine streaming 4k hdr.

Or this was an inherent issue of the appletv app for lg webos?

Btw the Apple website is also a nightmare to navigate. I can't find anywhere how to send a support ticket. It also give me link to check purchase history that told me to install iTunes (huh? I was using appletv). It also give me a page that results in infinite login loop (https://idmsa.apple.com/IDMSWebAuth...portaproblem.apple.com/?s=6&authResult=FAILED)

solved. Turns out my ISP was the culprit!

I emailed them that their national network and my home network is fine. but their routing to apple tv server is abysmal (with showing a photo of slow bandwidth to cupertino, and low bandwidth usage when streaming apple tv as recorded on router).

Then they emailed me that they've reset my connection (huh? what does that even mean?), there's nothing wrong with their network, and I should not use speedtest to international servers (wut????).

Then i tested Apple TV, got 4K HDR, got ~40Mbps recorded on router statistics. LOL.

Back