What Anime are you watching now?

Sword Art Online Alicization / War of the Underworld mega-arc finale was great and points at the next mega-arc, Unity Ring which is obviously a year off in anime. Arghhhhhhhh! :runaway: I may have to read the English light novels.

And Attack on Titan's latest episode (4x05) was amazing. So good. I love Attack on Titan. :yes:

AoT gets so good on Season 4 Episodes 5, 6, and 7. I wonder what they have lined up for episode 9 onwards to the end at 16.

AoT gets so good on Season 4 Episodes 5, 6, and 7. I wonder what they have lined up for episode 9 onwards to the end at 16.
Are you watching the original Japanese releases? I considered this but like Sword Art Online, I invested in the English dubs early and now the original voice actors just sounds wrong.

Are you watching the original Japanese releases? I considered this but like Sword Art Online, I invested in the English dubs early and now the original voice actors just sounds wrong.

I originally saw the subtitles on earlier seasons but watched the dubs on rewatch to remember what was going on. I rewatched the last 5 episodes of season 3 cause I was completely lost when I saw English dub S04E01. I just didn't recall all the Marlyean stuff which seems to be heavily focused. I was gonna let the English dubs build up the episodes then heard how great S04E05 got.

But it wasn't out yet, the English Dubs. It was only on the subtitled so went through the subtitled ep 5, 6, 7, and 8 in one sitting. Such goodness.

I know what you mean on the voicing being off once you get used to it one way or another. In other anime I dislike it when they translate their attack names, especially after getting into the first season or two with the foreign names for attacks. It just seems so wrong to have it be something so silly, like hearing "Wind Scar" instead. :LOL:

I originally saw the subtitles on earlier seasons but watched the dubs on rewatch to remember what was going on. I rewatched the last 5 episodes of season 3 cause I was completely lost when I saw English dub S04E01.
Ha! Same. Its like.. WTF is going on, am I watching the right show? Total curveball. I had completely forgotten the last few episodes of season 3 which set it up.

Not quite watching, but playing Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris again finally. The 1.3 patch seems to have made it playable and I just got done with where the first season of Alilicization ends and the end battle went totally differently and it doesn't just jump to the Load Test but has a bit of made-up story in between. I am intrigued and happy playing the new bit even though I doubt it's cannon, it's just fun being Kirito! :p

Jujustu, aot... I tried Vinland Saga but, after a few good épisodes, it turns out to be something I don't like. Same with Dr Stone.

Still have the 2-3 last Serial Experiments Lain épisodes to watch, this thing is weird...

I started an old one, Armored Trooper Votoms, really like it so far.

I didn't know their was a anime thread here, I could take for hours about this :eek:

Serial Experiment Lain was weird but good for me, feel free to talk for hours we're all good with it. It's how we find out about animes we might have missed and want to see.

Welcome to the thread, very glad to have ya! :love:

I like SE Lain, but at the same time I have a hard time starting next episodes. But as soon as I start it, the feel is really good. The work on the audio / sound / atmosphere is very well done to immerse you in this strange world(s) .
I'm kind of afraid the story is going nowhere, but I like the journey.

Have any of you liked FLCL ? I can't pass few episodes. I guess it's not for me, but I wonder who can like this....

So Jujutsu Kaisen is done, and mappa announced a movie for this winter. But not a sequel from what I understand. I don't read the manga, so I don't know if their is already enough material to make a true season 2 for next year... But Mappa is super busy with this and Attack on Titan...

Good news, My Hero Academia is back ! Still progressing in Armored Trooper Votoms, it's awesome.

Last edited:
I splurged through Assassin's Pride yesterday and really liked it. I'm also looking forward to the conclusion of Attack of Titan. The anime that got me into anime. :runaway:

I finished watching Yakusoku no Neverland. Wow. I know there's a second season, but IIRC, some of you mentioned a movie, so I don't know what to watch first.

Have any of you liked FLCL ? I can't pass few episodes. I guess it's not for me, but I wonder who can like this....

For me, it was the second-best thing after Evangelion. The first episode was hard but after that, characters are established and the battles blend with the powerful music perfectly for almost music video intensity.

Easily in my top 10 Anime of all time. The presentation combined with the underlying message is just sublime, IMO. But I can see why it's not for everyone. :)

Auuugh, this reminds me. I still haven't gotten around to watching the second and third series that was release in the past few years. Perhaps I won't like those as much, but I'm hoping it continues with the brilliance that the original mini-series had.

Regards,
SB

oh my God, a viewer on my youtube channel pointed out that WONDER EGG PRIORITY opening was in reverse order.

I reversed it and..... OMG it revealed something really dark, something that really fits the anime (do not watch the anime and/or the explanation if you got mental issues)

explanation

Back