MLB: The Show 2021 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, XGP]

Maybe. Sony must perceive the 2021 situation as being beneficial to them; they've been banging out MLB for years so presumably there is enough interest on PlayStation to keep doing it and the reviews are solid. So not being part of this continued development of MLB The Show would well result in a poorer-quality game which could diminish appeal of PlayStation to some.

This move may not have been their call but Microsoft are channeling money to Sony, directly or indirectly, which means more money for Sony and continued assurance of a decent quality game. Everybody wins. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Highly doubt is a win for sony :d they spent milions for development and in the end playstation users has to pay for it full price and xbox owners got it for free, terrible antimarketing for sony (I dont even know rules of baseball but backlash is strong reading internet)

Maybe. Sony must perceive the 2021 situation as being beneficial to them; they've been banging out MLB for years so presumably there is enough interest on PlayStation to keep doing it and the reviews are solid. So not being part of this continued development of MLB The Show would well result in a poorer-quality game which could diminish appeal of PlayStation to some.

This move may not have been their call but Microsoft are channeling money to Sony, directly or indirectly, which means more money for Sony and continued assurance of a decent quality game. Everybody wins. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with you... But moving games to PC, and getting Sony made Games on Gamepass cheaper will not be well accepted by the fan comunity.
But this is not new... Minecraft is made by Microsoft, and available on PS.

Highly doubt is a win for sony :d they spent milions for development and in the end playstation users has to pay for it full price and xbox owners got it for free, terrible antimarketing for sony (I dont even know rules of baseball but backlash is strong reading internet)

Eh? For free? I mean you still have to either buy it or subscribe to Game Pass, in either case, it's not exactly "free." :) Granted once someone plays 2 full priced launch games (normal sub) or 3 for Ultimate, then I guess they can consider games after that "free" for the rest of that year, but that's still not exactly how that works. :p

As well, going forward, I expect more IP holders that license IP (like sports, movies, etc.) to require multiplatform releases from licensees (like Sony or any other game publisher/developer) going forward. It'll be interesting to see how long Sony can keep Spider-Man single platform.

Regards,
SB

I agree with you... But moving games to PC, and getting Sony made Games on Gamepass cheaper will not be well accepted by the fan comunity.
But this is not new... Minecraft is made by Microsoft, and available on PS.

For MLB it was either they agree for a multiplatform release or they lose the license completely.

If it was not going to benefit Sony, Sony would just have walked away. On the basis Sony are not morons, this benefits Sony sufficiently as to outweigh also also develop for Xbox. Not all decisions need to follow fanboy scorched-earth policy.

If I offered you $1,000,000 but by taking it I would also give your arch nemesis $500,000, would you decline the million? For something to be a success does not mean everybody else has to lose. :nope:

If it was not going to benefit Sony, Sony would just have walked away. On the basis Sony are not morons, this benefits Sony sufficiently as to outweigh also also develop for Xbox. Not all decisions need to follow fanboy scorched-earth policy.

If I offered you $1,000,000 but by taking it I would also give your arch nemesis $500,000, would you decline the million? For something to be a success does not mean everybody else has to lose. :nope:
Its not that all company do is always good ;) imho bad look for sony this all mlb situation

Its not that all company do is always good ;) imho bad look for sony this all mlb situation
Sony making games for Xbox is a bad look for Sony? Is Microsoft making games for PlayStation and Nintendo consoles a bad look for Microsoft? What about Nintendo making games for Android and iOS?

What is the "bad look"?

Sony making games for Xbox is a bad look for Sony? Is Microsoft making games for PlayStation and Nintendo consoles a bad look for Microsoft? What about Nintendo making games for Android and iOS?

What is the "bad look"?
I dont know did you bother to read my previous posts in this subject ? Looks bad that gane that was developed by sony is for free for gamepass users and full priced for playstation owner, its not very hard to understand ;)

I dont know did you bother to read my previous posts in this subject ? Looks bad that gane that was developed by sony is for free for gamepass users and full priced for playstation owner, its not very hard to understand ;)

Games are GamePass are not free. You get games by paying for GamePass. When you stop paying for GamePass, those games are gone.

Games are GamePass are not free. You get games by paying for GamePass. When you stop paying for GamePass, those games are gone.
I may disagree with the framing/terminology of free. But I think you fully understand what is meant.

Why do a great deal of people consider GP to be one of the best values in gaming?
Now whatever the reason for that is, MLB is part of it.
For most people they will see it as being cheaper/free* over the period of the year than buying it.

Shouldn't really need to go over the value proposition of GP again and again. If you don't see the value proposition fine, but recognize a huge amount do.

*Free if already got full value out of GP prior to considering any one specific title.

I may disagree with the framing/terminology of free. But I think you fully understand what is meant.

Free means you don't pay. You pay for GamePass and you pay for PS+.

Why do a great deal of people consider GP to be one of the best values in gaming?

Because it is if you play more games via GamePass than you would pay for otherwise? I don't think anybody disputes that. :nope:

Free means you don't pay. You pay for GamePass and you pay for PS+.

Because it is if you play more games via GamePass than you would pay for otherwise? I don't think anybody disputes that. :nope:
We all know the discussion, same way is games with gold free as described.

So put that to the side and have the more interesting discussion. And what was the core of his point, the value for xbox/gp gamers doesn't look good for Sony given it was an exclusive and developed by them.

So put that to the side and have the more interesting discussion.

You wish to put aside that paying for GamePass and PS+ is not getting games for free? Seriously? :rolleyes:

I apologise if facts undermine your otherwise ludicrous premise.

You wish to put aside that paying for GamePass and PS+ is not getting games for free? Seriously? :rolleyes:

I apologise if facts undermine your otherwise ludicrous premise.
My last post on this, as like I said I may not agree with the framing/terminology of free, but I could see the obvious point of the post, and this isn't it.

And I'm not going to follow you down the path of discussing a side and uninteresting point, discussed multiple times around GP not specifically MLB situation.

We all know the discussion, same way is games with gold free as described.

So put that to the side and have the more interesting discussion. And what was the core of his point, the value for xbox/gp gamers doesn't look good for Sony given it was an exclusive and developed by them.
I agree, It's not good value unless you are a hardcore gamer and plan to invest 200+ hours into each title you purchase. Those people exist. But the vast majority of players don't complete titles according to statistics let alone do everything else in the world.

Many games are padded for grind length etc. AC, Witcher etc, just random shit that extends mechanics further and longer making games an astonishing amount of grind that most people don't want to finish.

For the vast majority of players that don't, game pass is good in that case. You get your hours in and if you don't finish whatever, chances are, buying the game didn't mean you'd finish either. But for the few people that can clock hundreds of hours into a single title, it probably makes much more sense to buy it and skip game pass. Chances are you're probably not doing much else anyway so you're saving money buying the title outright.

With free to play games being free, and mostly dominating the play times of both consoles (fortnite, war zone, apex legends, rob lox etc) non-game pass is still the most viable, provided you play these F2P games/borrow/loan on the side to make up any deficits in your boredom. But if you are finding your game expenditures are breaking 250-300 per year. You probably could have saved money with game pass.

Overall, I think it's not going to have much of an effect; the negativity generally comes from people who spend more time twittering/foruming than actually playing the games. Personally I will install and play MLB a bit, just to push the bean counters to supporting more 3rd party launches on game pass. But I doubt I will clock much more than an hour here on it. Though, having said that, if it wasn't on gamepass I would never have paid to play it at all.

Everyone wins here. A good idea to debut new IPs on game pass. Gets more eyes on it, more people are willing to try new IPs on gamepass because the barrier to entry is already paid upfront.

Back