Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

Outriders confirmed for GamePass @ https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/15/outriders-coming-to-xbox-game-pass/

Outriders is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

We all got a taste of Outriders with the recent demo, so I’m thrilled to announce that Outriders will be available on Console and Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass on day one!

upload_2021-3-15_12-53-50.png

Outriders confirmed for GamePass @ https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/15/outriders-coming-to-xbox-game-pass/

Outriders is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

We all got a taste of Outriders with the recent demo, so I’m thrilled to announce that Outriders will be available on Console and Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass on day one!

View attachment 5353

Oh interesting, is this the first non-Microsoft AAA publisher (Square-Enix) to release a game day and date on Game Pass? Granted it's worded as if it might only be via streaming, but that's still pretty significant.

Regards,
SB

Oh interesting, is this the first non-Microsoft AAA publisher (Square-Enix) to release a game day and date on Game Pass? Granted it's worded as if it might only be via streaming, but that's still pretty significant.

Regards,
SB

It's on Console and xCloud but not on Game Pass PC because they're not releasing on Microsoft GameStore for the PC. Kind of difficult to hook into GamePass when you don't release on the store(s) that support it. ;)

If you say AAA non-first party, then I think so, but there has been a lot of non-AAA not owned by MS that have launched day-and-date on Game Pass. The Medium, The Call of the Sea & The Touryst are the most recent examples.

Tommy McClain

If you say AAA non-first party, then I think so, but there has been a lot of non-AAA not owned by MS that have launched day-and-date on Game Pass. The Medium, The Call of the Sea & The Touryst are the most recent examples.

Tommy McClain
Crusader Kings 3 launched day 1 on game pass pc, I suppose it might not quite hit 'AAA' levels but was a big get

TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates_3.16.2021.jpg

Undertale (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Available today
Empire of Sin (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – March 18
Nier: Automata (PC) – March 18
Star Wars: Squadrons (Console) EA Play – March 18
Torchlight III (PC) – March 18
Genesis Noir (Console and PC) ID@Xbox – March 25
Octopath Traveler (Console and PC) – March 25
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition (PC) ID@Xbox – March 25
Supraland (PC) ID@Xbox – March 25
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (Cloud, Console and PC) – March 25
Narita Boy (Cloud, Console and PC) ID@Xbox – March 30
Outriders (Cloud and Console) – April 1

I don't know if it only streaming but if so this is a really clever idea. Offering it only via streaming means people are kind of compelled to see how good the streaming solution is. :yes:

TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates_3.16.2021.jpg

Undertale (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Available today
Empire of Sin (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – March 18
Nier: Automata (PC) – March 18
Star Wars: Squadrons (Console) EA Play – March 18
Torchlight III (PC) – March 18
Genesis Noir (Console and PC) ID@Xbox – March 25
Octopath Traveler (Console and PC) – March 25
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition (PC) ID@Xbox – March 25
Supraland (PC) ID@Xbox – March 25
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (Cloud, Console and PC) – March 25
Narita Boy (Cloud, Console and PC) ID@Xbox – March 30
Outriders (Cloud and Console) – April 1

AAUUUUUUUGGGGG. I have no time for games right now and 5 of those are on my Steam Wishlist. AAAAAUUUUUGGGHHHHHH. I wish I was back in high school. :p

Regards,
SB

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/17/ea-play-coming-to-pc-for-xbox-game-pass/

EA Play is Coming to PC for Xbox Game Pass Members Starting Tomorrow

upload_2021-3-17_11-45-45.png

Since teaming up with Electronic Arts, we’ve been working to provide Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC members an EA Play membership at no additional cost. We want to thank the PC community for your patience over the past few months as we worked to deliver a better Xbox App experience for EA Play. We’re excited to share with you that starting tomorrow, March 18 at 2:00 p.m. PT, Xbox Game Pass PC and Ultimate members will be able to enjoy all the benefits of EA Play on Windows 10, including:
  • More than 60 of EA’s biggest and best PC games like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, FIFA 20, Titanfall 2 and Need for Speed Heat, as well as titles from some of EA’s most popular franchises like Battlefield, Madden NFL, Command & Conquer, and The Sims.
  • Rewards each month from your favorite EA games. March rewards include: Gold Team Fantasy MUT packs and an EA Play Celebration Pack for Madden 21, a N7 Weapon Charm for Apex Legends and more.
  • And starting on day one of EA Play on PC with Xbox Game Pass, members can play the new-to-Play List title Star Wars: Squadrons on PC and console. Master the art of starfighter combat in the authentic piloting experience, feel the adrenaline of first-person multiplayer space dogfights alongside your squadron, and buckle up in a thrilling Star Wars story.
  • Exclusive in-game challenges and rewards, special member-only content, and discounts on EA digital purchases via EA Desktop app beta.
  • Access to trials of games for up to 10 hours from best-loved franchises and top titles like FIFA 21.
To get started with your EA Play membership on PC, just download the EA Desktop app, EA’s next-generation PC platform that’s currently in open beta, and sign-in to your EA Account or create a new one. Check out the latest community update video to show you all the details.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fkY6EuGPEAA

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/17/ea-play-coming-to-pc-for-xbox-game-pass/

EA Play is Coming to PC for Xbox Game Pass Members Starting Tomorrow

View attachment 5358

Since teaming up with Electronic Arts, we’ve been working to provide Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC members an EA Play membership at no additional cost. We want to thank the PC community for your patience over the past few months as we worked to deliver a better Xbox App experience for EA Play. We’re excited to share with you that starting tomorrow, March 18 at 2:00 p.m. PT, Xbox Game Pass PC and Ultimate members will be able to enjoy all the benefits of EA Play on Windows 10, including:
  • More than 60 of EA’s biggest and best PC games like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, FIFA 20, Titanfall 2 and Need for Speed Heat, as well as titles from some of EA’s most popular franchises like Battlefield, Madden NFL, Command & Conquer, and The Sims.
  • Rewards each month from your favorite EA games. March rewards include: Gold Team Fantasy MUT packs and an EA Play Celebration Pack for Madden 21, a N7 Weapon Charm for Apex Legends and more.
  • And starting on day one of EA Play on PC with Xbox Game Pass, members can play the new-to-Play List title Star Wars: Squadrons on PC and console. Master the art of starfighter combat in the authentic piloting experience, feel the adrenaline of first-person multiplayer space dogfights alongside your squadron, and buckle up in a thrilling Star Wars story.
  • Exclusive in-game challenges and rewards, special member-only content, and discounts on EA digital purchases via EA Desktop app beta.
  • Access to trials of games for up to 10 hours from best-loved franchises and top titles like FIFA 21.
To get started with your EA Play membership on PC, just download the EA Desktop app, EA’s next-generation PC platform that’s currently in open beta, and sign-in to your EA Account or create a new one. Check out the latest community update video to show you all the details.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fkY6EuGPEAA

EA Desktop app...bleh. Well, I'll wait until I have more time to play games before farting around with that.

Regards,
SB

EA Desktop app...bleh. Well, I'll wait until I have more time to play games before farting around with that.

Supposedly it's a new version of it? Never used the old one and haven't tried the new one. But integrating into 3rd party game stores is the highlight for me. That possibly opens to door for UPlay integration or Epic Games Store or perhaps even Steam.

Worth pointing out "View more EA Play games in the EA Desktop app" are more games you can actually download and play. You don't just have to look at them :)

Supposedly it's a new version of it? Never used the old one and haven't tried the new one.
I'm not a fan of need multiple store apps but Origin always felt fairly inoffensive. I had to install it to play both Mass Effect 3 and Crysis 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/04/02/mlb-the-show-21-coming-to-xbox-game-pass-day-one/

MLB The Show 21 is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

With another thrilling Opening Day in the books, Major League Baseball fans around the world were treated to all the nail biters, dingers, and bat flips they could handle when teams took the field to kick off the 2021 season. But if you thought that was all the big news we’re bringing you this week, you’d be wrong!

We’re delighted to announce that MLB The Show 21 is coming to Xbox Game Pass on day one and will be available on April 20 for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, as well as on Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) for Ultimate members. Both MLB The Show 21 Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S Standard Editions will be included with Xbox Game Pass so members will be able to play the best version of the game regardless of which console they’re on. And with cross-platform play and progress, you can play against others online, and earn and use content across the platform and generation you choose.

MLB_TheShow.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/04/02/mlb-the-show-21-coming-to-xbox-game-pass-day-one/

MLB The Show 21 is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

With another thrilling Opening Day in the books, Major League Baseball fans around the world were treated to all the nail biters, dingers, and bat flips they could handle when teams took the field to kick off the 2021 season. But if you thought that was all the big news we’re bringing you this week, you’d be wrong!

We’re delighted to announce that MLB The Show 21 is coming to Xbox Game Pass on day one and will be available on April 20 for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, as well as on Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) for Ultimate members. Both MLB The Show 21 Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S Standard Editions will be included with Xbox Game Pass so members will be able to play the best version of the game regardless of which console they’re on. And with cross-platform play and progress, you can play against others online, and earn and use content across the platform and generation you choose.

MLB_TheShow.jpg

Wait what? Wait...really? Well, hot damn.

Regards,
SB

Wait what? Wait...really? Well, hot damn.

Regards,
SB

At first I thought it was an April Fools bit, but nope, April 2nd and full official news article and tweets by MLB and Xbox confirm. Its the real deal. Its the big show now.

Back