Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

If that german data is true, that would imply greater than 100 cases in the uk and 10s of deaths. Why have we not heard about this?, I mean of course boris would not try and suppress this news would he, after all he's such a lovely scamp with his scruffy hair
Maybe it's the easiest explanation: These persons, who died after the AZ shot (Germany, Austria, Denmark, Norway(?)), were younger than 50-55 years. The most AZ vaccinated people in UK are older than 60-65 years, so their risk to get CVST is much lower.

I assume in both countries the people that were first vaccinated are similar, eg first the health workers and the aged. Now that would beeven more diverse ages in the uk, due to them having vaccinated a lot more percentage of people, about 50% ppl have had a shot, median age in uk is what? 36 or so I guess

edit:seems median age is 40.5 in UK
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55274833
so more than 30 million ppl have had a shot already, remaining pop under 50 = 21 million which means they already must of vaccinated close to 10 million under the age of 50

Last edited:
In Germany we started end of december and later with vaccination. The so called priority group 1 (older than 80 years and other persons (as you said healthcare workers, workers in care homes etc.)) got its first Biontech vaccine dose, AZ was not allowed for people older than 65 years, so untill february the most people received Biontech. Untill now <2 Mio received the first AZ jab, some of them both (the second then in may or june) and the most of them are younger than 65 years, maybe younger than 50 years.

I assume in both countries the people that were first vaccinated are similar, eg first the health workers and the aged. Now that would beeven more diverse ages in the uk, due to them having vaccinated a lot more percentage of people, about 50% ppl have had a shot, median age in uk is what? 36 or so I guess

edit:seems median age is 40.5 in UK
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55274833
so more than 30 million ppl have had a shot already, remaining pop under 50 = 21 million which means they already must of vaccinated close to 10 million under the age of 50
As much as the UK completely f'ked up most of the response to the pandemic, I must say that the vaccination drive is incredible. Even I had my first jab, and I just turned 25 *COUGH*bullshit*COUGH*

It's already called Covishield in India (and perhaps elsewhere?).
Maybe it's the easiest explanation: These persons, who died after the AZ shot (Germany, Austria, Denmark, Norway(?)), were younger than 50-55 years. The most AZ vaccinated people in UK are older than 60-65 years, so their risk to get CVST is much lower.

There have been over 5 million people under 50 vaccinated with the AZ in the UK so far (edit: sorry, over 5 million vaccinated with a dose of any vaccine - not sure of the breakdown of the two vaccine types, but it is likely to be at least 50/50) and just 5 reports of CVST to 14th March - all in men, apparently! Something doesn't quite add up here in comparison to the cases in the EU. I'd tend to doubt that there would be any deliberate suppression of data about issues caused by the vaccine within the UK despite the rather untrustworthy nature of the politicians in government. They know they would ultimately be found out if such suppression had occurred and I think they plan to do very well for themselves in the future, after leaving government.

However, one difference is that it is my understanding that all the AZ doses used in the UK so far have been manufactured either in the UK or India. The doses given in the EU have been manufactured in the EU. Could there be some sort of a process difference which might lead to more of these rare events on the continent compared to the UK?

Last edited:
As much as the UK completely f'ked up most of the response to the pandemic, I must say that the vaccination drive is incredible. Even I had my first jab, and I just turned 25 *COUGH*bullshit*COUGH*

Amazing what can happen when you turn the problem over to the actual health professionals, rather than ex-jockeys, management consultants and pest control companies. Just imagine what would have happened if the £37bn the govt spaffed up the wall on back-handers to their millionaire mates was spent on, you know, giving nurses a pay-rise or something.

I had my first jab on Saturday. It was AZ (thought it was going to be Pfizer), but I've not died yet so all good so far.

The UK did do better strategically early on with investing and securing vaccines.

However, one difference is that it is my understanding that all the AZ doses used in the UK so far have been manufactured either in the UK or India. The doses given in the EU have been manufactured in the EU. Could there be some sort of a process difference which might lead to more of these rare events on the continent compared to the UK?
Yeah thats prolly it, some dutchman pissed in the vat I expect

The Danes have come up with a theory - accidental injection into a blood vessel might increase the risk of clotting problems. The vaccine is designed for intra-muscular delivery but it doesn't seem that injection technique to check you aren't in a blood vessel isn't specifically advised.

Whether or not this is a difference between the UK and the EU remains to be seen. However, I can say for certain that my injection was quick enough that they just stuck it in without a second glance so no fancy injection technique at all!

The Danes have come up with a theory - accidental injection into a blood vessel might increase the risk of clotting problems. The vaccine is designed for intra-muscular delivery but it doesn't seem that injection technique to check you aren't in a blood vessel isn't specifically advised.
...!
Do you have a link or source? Really interesting.

Edit:
I asked my cousine, she answered:
Actually it's not possible, because the needle is too short.

Last edited:
aye? how can a needle be too short to penetrate a bloodvessel you can see them just under your skin.
You never touch a blood vessel. This can be fatal. Vaccination is injected intramuscularly, usually into the deltoid muscle, and there is no vein or artery that can be touched. If so, you have to go very deep, but that doesn't work with the vaccination needle.

Do you have a link or source? Really interesting.

Edit:
I asked my cousine, she answered:
Actually it's not possible, because the needle is too short.

Here's the link in Danish:

https://www.berlingske.dk/nyheder/dansk-professor-forkert-vaccineteknik-kan-udloese-blodpropper

Translated to English:

https://translate.google.com/transl...forkert-vaccineteknik-kan-udloese-blodpropper

A senior Danish professor quoted though I'm not sure he's part of the Danish medical establishment which is making the decisions in the country. I initially thought he was but not easy to say when going on an automatic translation.

Also, as I've seen noted elsewhere, if it is the vaccine causing these rare issues, it is likely to be something to do with the vector and not the antigen as it the issues seem to be appearing before much of an immune response has been mounted by the body. Do the other vaccine types have different instructions for injection technique, I wonder? Also, men should theoretically have more muscle than women so perhaps less chance of accidentally hitting a blood vessel?

You never touch a blood vessel. This can be fatal. Vaccination is injected intramuscularly, usually into the deltoid muscle, and there is no vein or artery that can be touched. If so, you have to go very deep, but that doesn't work with the vaccination needle.
OK thanks mate, though I assume by not touching a blood vessel, you mean a major one. As apparently theres 160,000km of them in a human body, so good luck avoiding those :D

9i-v6RdIzdvjwX8gv12Ak8kLByLGxndEA1g_u2gkZOw.jpg

Wow, I had no idea (The aorta is massive), though of course it makes sense, you cut yourself, you bleed, thus the blood has to come from somewhere.

Apparently this model was made by injected a body with some gunk https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastination and then having it harden, seems a bit unbelievable that it works this well. Btw you too can donate your body to von hagenstein and let him work his magic on it once you're gone.

Updated information from the MHRA with further cases of CVST reported in the UK:

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-cases-found-in-oxford-astrazeneca-recipients

Looks like it's definitely a thing (albeit a very uncommon one) in younger people if so many more cases have come to light over the past couple of weeks. No breakdown of age/gender etc given, however.

Hopefully, they'll be able to quickly work out who is more at risk and then act to screen and treat accordingly. I wonder if previous infection could be a risk factor? On the continent, it seems to be medical workers and teachers who are mostly at risk and they ought to be the ones previously infected. Perhaps an issue left after recovery from Covid which is then boosted with this particular vaccine?

Second dose of Moderno yesterday and I can verify that it hits worse than the first. Nothing major, I just went to sleep early last night and didn't get up until past noon. I've been nursing a cup of coffee before I go take another nap, my whole family got it and we're all wiped out today.

Still no lollipop, and I was extra brave this time! :(

Back