CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

Let's wait for yet another patch. Seems like 1.2 is really 0.90
It's not like the game is perfect or anything, but that video is... flawed. The fact that he spawns all of the cars on top of each other and the game glitches out isn't unexpected. You aren't supposed to be able to spawn all of the cars on top of each other. The only way I've seen that happen is when using mods, which he makes no mention of. So maybe it's a glitch, but even the older versions spawn your cars and then make them drive a little to get to you. I've had them spawn on fire, or smash through things to get to me, but if you spawn one, and then spawn another, the second car runs into the first car. It doesn't go inside it.

Also, complaining that trauma team isn't attacking you like they are police is strange, because they are trauma team, and not the police. And "when you get 4 stars they just kill you"... He got shot by a building mounted police turret.

The police aren't nearly as aggressive now, though.

It's not like the game is perfect or anything, but that video is... flawed. The fact that he spawns all of the cars on top of each other and the game glitches out isn't unexpected. You aren't supposed to be able to spawn all of the cars on top of each other. The only way I've seen that happen is when using mods, which he makes no mention of. So maybe it's a glitch, but even the older versions spawn your cars and then make them drive a little to get to you. I've had them spawn on fire, or smash through things to get to me, but if you spawn one, and then spawn another, the second car runs into the first car. It doesn't go inside it.

Also, complaining that trauma team isn't attacking you like they are police is strange, because they are trauma team, and not the police. And "when you get 4 stars they just kill you"... He got shot by a building mounted police turret.

From the feedback I got, there are still a lot of issues with inmersion, which for me was kind of a big part of the game.

Also the RPG elements were a bit underwhelming. I think this is (almost) how the game should have released, by there are some issue like traffic and NPC management that is key to have this game really feel like a truly next gen title. Feels like an old title with great graphics and modern gameplay, but I was expecting more.

That's fair, of course. I do think it's less of an RPG than they advertised. And I would say the player's impact on the world is minimal. You can murder a ton of gang members one minute and still take missions that involve those gangs later, for instance. But this isn't a next gen title. There isn't even a bespoke next gen version of this game, unless you consider the PC release because it has RT. But that would make Battlefield V a next gen title as well. I don't think any amount of patches are going to make Cyberpunk the game people expected, even if the game delivers on the promises made before release. In my experience peoples expectations for this game were very much different than mine, and I think that's why I enjoyed it. I never expected a AAA release from a AA studio. And before someone asks, no, I never considered CDPR a AAA studio, and I'm surprised anyone else does.

Yeah, they have to patch it a lot, but it must be depressing for the devs because the core can't be, they delivered something less deep than W3. World impacts, meaningfull choices,etc.
And now they're stuck with it for years.

Management really drop the ball...

yeah, you only able to spawn cars on top of each other only in "edge of a zone". At least in my game it was like that.

anyway, that video showed that the cop wont chase you. I wonder why CDPR disabled the car-chase by cop? IIRC I've watched some video where they managed to glitch the cop to do car-chase and it was working fine.

or that is the bug? the cop was coded to do car chase. but the code to trigger it was bugged, thus it only happen in rare circumstances?

That's fair, of course. I do think it's less of an RPG than they advertised. And I would say the player's impact on the world is minimal. You can murder a ton of gang members one minute and still take missions that involve those gangs later, for instance. But this isn't a next gen title. There isn't even a bespoke next gen version of this game, unless you consider the PC release because it has RT. But that would make Battlefield V a next gen title as well. I don't think any amount of patches are going to make Cyberpunk the game people expected, even if the game delivers on the promises made before release. In my experience peoples expectations for this game were very much different than mine, and I think that's why I enjoyed it. I never expected a AAA release from a AA studio. And before someone asks, no, I never considered CDPR a AAA studio, and I'm surprised anyone else does.

CDPR's "fault" was setting expectations too high. IIRC in their prerelease videos, it showed that the 3 starter pack should have really different experience, and there would be 3 different "hero", instead of just Johnny Silverhand. Among many other things.

But looking at the finished game, it seems it was not a deliberate evil scheme to fool people. They did originally plan cyberpunk to be way bigger game, but then they realized they cant do that in the time frame. Thus the finished game felt chopped-off.

this reminds me of FF15 and its ridiculous amounts of cut content....

CDPR's "fault" was setting expectations too high. IIRC in their prerelease videos, it showed that the 3 starter pack should have really different experience, and there would be 3 different "hero", instead of just Johnny Silverhand. Among many other things.

But looking at the finished game, it seems it was not a deliberate evil scheme to fool people. They did originally plan cyberpunk to be way bigger game, but then they realized they cant do that in the time frame. Thus the finished game felt chopped-off.

this reminds me of FF15 and its ridiculous amounts of cut content....
It's not that this isn't true, it's that there are people complaining about things that were never actually promised. Things like a 3rd person camera, for instance. People are actually complaining that it's a missing feature while it wasn't to my knowledge, unless it was featured really early on. But they were explicit later that it was a first person game at least a year before launch. That's sort of what happened with mantis blades also, where they removed or cut the ability to climb walls with them, but they told people well in advance, stating it broke the game. But you still have people acting like it was promised on the box. Some of the expectations were peoples projections of what they wanted to believe.

Not only never promised thing. Things in the trailers / e3 demo are not in the final game, like some dialogue options.

To me, this review really capture what is wrong with the game itself, not only the tech aspect.

And a focused video on 2018 gameplay demo vs the final game :

Yep, it's true. There are things in the WIP videos before launch that aren't in the game. Some of them we were explicitly told before launch they were removing, like 3rd person even in cutscenes, and mantis blades allowing you to climb walls. Also, it's not The Witcher 3. So I agree with the video I guess. Also, your choices do have consequences. I ordered the wrong drink at the bar and had to play 10 hours over to get the solo ending.

OMG. Simply walking around, this game is truly amazing in HDR. Even the blinding bright neon when you go to one of the street-side stalls instantly makes me remember the time when i was walking around in a night market, in real life, going from one stall to another.

I don't know cyberpunk HDR is the "correct" HDR or not, but its way more amazing than any other games I've ever tried, including horizon zero dawn that was touted as an HDR showcase. Heck, the super simple, and "cheap" boat ride with one of the SAMURAI guy felt amazing.

too bad i need to play in the night with lights turned off. With lights on, or in the day, the HDR felt flat. But the HDR anime "sol levante" on Netflix still looks amazing in the daytime and with lights on. dunno why.

OMG. Simply walking around, this game is truly amazing in HDR. Even the blinding bright neon when you go to one of the street-side stalls instantly makes me remember the time when i was walking around in a night market, in real life, going from one stall to another.

I don't know cyberpunk HDR is the "correct" HDR or not, but its way more amazing than any other games I've ever tried, including horizon zero dawn that was touted as an HDR showcase. Heck, the super simple, and "cheap" boat ride with one of the SAMURAI guy felt amazing.

too bad i need to play in the night with lights turned off. With lights on, or in the day, the HDR felt flat. But the HDR anime "sol levante" on Netflix still looks amazing in the daytime and with lights on. dunno why.
ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME BUY A NEW MONITOR OR JUST TOYING WITH MY FEELINGS?!?!

ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME BUY A NEW MONITOR OR JUST TOYING WITH MY FEELINGS?!?!

haha digi, if you are using a monitor not for design work, and have tons of HDR content, LG OLED is awesome. Especially awesome for cyberpunk.You gotta try it :D maybe try it in a TV showroom or something when you got free time when the covid pandemic has calmed down.

on the other hand, if you use it for design work, or you are very sensitive to chromatic aberration. LG OLED may make you irritated in some scenes, especially considering how ridiculously expensive it is hahahaha (it's like almost 5x the price of my TCL VA-panel TV it replaces). I'll probably make a post like "LG OLED as PC Monitor: The Bad and The Good for gaming and design work" on the weekend.

Patch notes for 1.2
It's a pretty long list, including

So all the kids can stop complaining about immersion being broken.
Pedestrians disappearing when you turn your back on them and traffic disappearing as you get close are disappointing immersion breakers. Cars shooting hundreds of feet in the air for no reason are fun immersion breakers!

This patch finally fixed the Delamain mission bug, but it still took some work. I couldn’t just start the nearest Delamain mission, I had to track the overall quest which led me to the specific mission I needed to start with to get the proximity sensor to kick in.

They really reworked the crafting economy. You can’t cheese it by crafting an epic grenade with uncommon parts and then scrapping it for essentially free epic and legendary parts. Scrapping yields a pittance of parts and the parts themselves are way more expensive to buy. Cheap epic hats and those two $300 epic records at Time Machine are the easiest way to epic parts.

1.2 introduced more bugs that are more irksome to me

- abrupt weather change (e.g. it was raining dogs and cats, suddenly sunny)
- NPCs spawn right in front of me
- NPCs despawn right in front of me
- Traffic lights no longer instantly goes GREEN. You need to drive around for a few minutes before its back to instantly goes green when you near it
- When traffic lights back to auto goes green when you near it, it now goes green right when you are right under it. Instead of a few meters in front of you.
- Cars disappear in front of me
- T-posing almost every time i get into a car (only the first few minutes)
- world-state incorrectly got reset when reloading a save file (e.g. you saved after a mission end, no mines around you. You reload that save. mines back lying around)
- THE HOLO VERTICAL ADS IN THE CITY NOW FLICKERS ALMOST SOLID WHITE every few minutes. Really destroys the awesome night HDR.

How do i downgrade?

EDIT: Nvidia video capture = frame rate comes to crawl. It used to only ate 1-2 fps.

Back