Dirt 5 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

And it took them only one month. Seems like they fixed only lod bug as many people at Reddit confirm that FPS issues still exists. I hope DF will do patch analysis but it doesn’t look good.

Played a little (about 100 stars achieved from 375) and game is disappointing. Graphis is rather mediocre, can look rally nice on mud tracks but also can be ugly. Generally its not on pair with Driveclub from 2014 and many devs working on D5 was involved in Driveclub development. After patches games stutter on ps5 (bad in quality mode, little better in resolution mode), there was later another patch that should fix it but stutter still occurs. Also game is rather boring so no recommendation from me.

And it took them only one month. Seems like they fixed only lod bug as many people at Reddit confirm that FPS issues still exists. I hope DF will do patch analysis but it doesn’t look good.
I think it's a waste of time for them unless they actually deliver on the claim of moving the cards over to the mesh shader pipeline. Then I'd be interested to do a comparison of before and after for PC and the consoles.

I played the free trial on Steam over this weekend and personally I really liked it. Graphics were a bit hit and miss ranging from fairly mediocre to pretty nice, but I was quite hooked on the very easy to pick up and play arcade style gameplay. I won't be purchasing as I already have too many games to play and I'm not a big racing gamer, but I'd recommend this for anyone that likes arcade racers.

I played the free trial on Steam over this weekend and personally I really liked it. Graphics were a bit hit and miss ranging from fairly mediocre to pretty nice, but I was quite hooked on the very easy to pick up and play arcade style gameplay. I won't be purchasing as I already have too many games to play and I'm not a big racing gamer, but I'd recommend this for anyone that likes arcade racers.

yeah i like it too, i got it on gamepass on xsx for free. I fully agree on being easy to pick up and play, i really liked all mud races with changing weather conditions. Switching to inside car view and racing in those big terrain cars with pieces of dirt flying around and rain smashing against windshield feels so good.

don't know if a bug due to the spring sale or if it's for demo purpose, but i can download Dirt 5 PS4 version for free here (but not the PS5 version)

Oh yeah, me too. Just picked it up.

I've been playuing it on Game Pass, the game is alright. At first I found the circuit driving fun, but it seems to lack any real braking requirements. Poor braking is enough to get by.

I've been playuing it on Game Pass, the game is alright. At first I found the circuit driving fun, but it seems to lack any real braking requirements. Poor braking is enough to get by.
The cars have brakes??? :oops:

don't know if a bug due to the spring sale or if it's for demo purpose, but i can download Dirt 5 PS4 version for free here (but not the PS5 version)
It shows as a Trial in the US store, but I guess it’s worth a shot.

(BTW, at least Dirt 5’s page has legitimately and clearly different versions. Titan Attacks lists three different versions, but they all look the same, have no clarifying descriptions, and two of them are full price while the last shows the sale price....)

Not only rain, but also clouds. This race of mine from ages ago starts high in the clouds and then at ~40sec mark we get under them. Then at 1:10 we briefly catch the bottom of another cloud.

Its a masterpiece.

DF should do a revisit, and hunt for every technical bit available. Talk to the original graphics developer, people in the know-how, something. Maybe even triggers something positive to happen, who knows.

Back