Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Remastered [2016]

I am wondering whether I should play this, Titanfall 2 or Battlefield
BAttlefield. That gameis rocking in MP right now. So good I left the SP alone.
Get Titanfall later, it will definitely be on sale before this year ends.
COD: :-/ Havent played this one, but even my most hardcore COD friends have abandoned this one.

Just got the game today on the Pro and wow is it me or it's looking down right amazing. The liberal use of volumetric lighting, post processing, stupendous amount of on screen action on top of a futuristic setting really brought about the visual impact. Setpieces are classic COD, grandeur, engaging and Hollywood tastic, far more enjoyable than that borefest of a campaign I've recently played aka BF1. The acting, dialogue, story and even gameplay feel much better crafted in this entry, as for graphics I think IW is pretty much on the same playing field as BF1 now not to mention far more epic set pieces. Not even finished the campaign yet but if the rest of the game keeps up with the first couple of hours then it's easily my best FPS of the year.

I am really loving the campaign like it's almost mind blowingly good, the setpieces, characters and graphics are amazingly done. It's been awhile since a COD or FPS in general has impressed me this much, Doom was the last one that did that and god I hope it gets Pro patched soon. But man this is just more varied and epic overall, this and Doom are the shiny example of how you make an exciting FPS game for current gen. Sure Overwatch is good too but not my type of game.
Pro shots.
1v0s8d.png

https://abload.de/img/2rps90.png
https://abload.de/img/31hs5c.png
https://abload.de/img/4qrs94.png
https://abload.de/img/5owsef.png
https://abload.de/img/6y8se1.png

Now that you mentioned it, I still haven't played TF2 yet but will get on to that asap. From some of the walkthrough that I seen, it's pretty fun but doesn't look anywhere near as good as IW but mechs are badasses tho.

I think one concept that CoD could explore is an open world style game for single player. Its not just the length of a game that matters, but the girth as well. Players want something deep but they also want something with girth that will open them up to whats to come.

I am with Ultra on this. The game is really good looking. I am so surprised at how good it looks, especially for a 60fps game. I am playing it on the PRO ON A 1080P screen and its just so clean and good looking. Some places and moments have me stop to look around and wonder how it looks so good. I can't think of a 30fps shooter that looks this good. Come to think of it, where are the good looking 30fps shooters?!?! This year is filled with 60fps shooters and I just wonder how good a 30fps shooter can look, comparatively.

Is this really this good? How does it compare to Ghosts and the last few Modern Warfare titles? Since everything is going science fiction and I absolutely hated the last Black Ops one, I decided to skip this game entirely. Maybe for the wrong reason?

I ordered this from the fleabay for cheap after reading that it is a fairly decent sci-fi corridor shooter. It definitely has its moments. The space segments frankly have a Star Citizen vibe. It even has some Star Wars Squadrons-ish space shooting action. It has a pretty striking look to the futuristic hardware and such. Lots of detail. The whole evil human space colony thing is a bit tired and kinda Killzone-ish but whatever. This is the first Call of Duty that I've ever tried playing for more than a few minutes by the way. ;) I like some of their casting too.

Looks like they took advantage of the PS4 Pro too. It's definitely above 1080p. Very clean image.

Last edited:
I think one concept that CoD could explore is an open world style game for single player. Its not just the length of a game that matters, but the girth as well. Players want something deep but they also want something with girth that will open them up to whats to come.

Lol how did this post fly under the radar.

Possibly because, usually, few here can bear the thought of looking at a CoD thread. Tis a clever post though.

Looks like they took advantage of the PS4 Pro too. It's definitely above 1080p. Very clean image.
Yeah, this was a sleeper hit for me as I also came to it quite late. It was nice to see some mission diversity and choice of missions. There was also a pretty decent PSVR add-on called Jackal Assault.

You should really try the first games (the world war 2 ones)
I have played COD 1 and 3 a bit. I will probably give them some more time at some point but old school squad shooters aren't really my thing, especially when they are also so linear and scripted.

Last edited:
I checked this game recently on ps5 (ps4pro bc) and was surprised how good cb works here, so maybe its not that bad technique when you mixed it with good temporal anti-aliasing

IW was one of the first games shown on PS4 Pro unveil event. It and Days Gone were promoted for their advanced CB upscale and HDR.

Richard from DF said that he could spot the difference between CB and native 4K on that event only by physically pressing his eye on the surface of the 4K TV panel. :D

Reactions: snc
Back