Movie Reviews 2.0

I watched "Us" a few days ago. It's finally on the UK Netflix if any other Brits here have been waiting.

I really enjoyed it. I don't see why it received such a lukewarm response when it released ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wasn't so keen on the voice the main "other" put on. I got what she was going for, but the execution was just a little bit off IMO. A bit like Christian Bale's Batman voice in the Dark Knight.

But yeah, so far Jordan Peele's two for two as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I'm a bit biased though, as Key and Peele is far and away my favourite ever American sketch show, I'm a horror fan, and Get Out was a directorial debut as strong as Ex Machina, so I've gone into his movies already a fan.

So it's a solid recommendation from me: believable characters, well acted, scary, tense, horrific, funny, and successful at subverting expectations when it tries to, unlike Ryan Johnson/D&D.

I eagerly await Jordan Peele's next movie.

I watched "Us" a few days ago. It's finally on the UK Netflix if any other Brits here have been waiting.

I really enjoyed it. I don't see why it received such a lukewarm response when it released ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wasn't so keen on the voice the main "other" put on. I got what she was going for, but the execution was just a little bit off IMO. A bit like Christian Bale's Batman voice in the Dark Knight.

But yeah, so far Jordan Peele's two for two as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I'm a bit biased though, as Key and Peele is far and away my favourite ever American sketch show, I'm a horror fan, and Get Out was a directorial debut as strong as Ex Machina, so I've gone into his movies already a fan.

So it's a solid recommendation from me: believable characters, well acted, scary, tense, horrific, funny, and successful at subverting expectations when it tries to, unlike Ryan Johnson/D&D.

I eagerly await Jordan Peele's next movie.

Funny story, I was at the premiere in London with the cast (Lupita and the big guy who played her husband and was also in Black Panther, I can’t remember the name) and the director Jordan Peele.

It received good reviews, the problem was that compared to Peele’s previous film (Get Out, amazing film) it just wasn’t quite as good as people were expecting. Still loved it though.

A friend invited us, nothing much to report, there was a reception with drinks and stuff before, then we went in and they did a little speech before the showing. Other than that it was just like any other evening out at the movies, only they were there in front row watching with us in this huge cinema :)

You'd have thought they'd have already seen the movie. Must be boring for them. :)

Just watched Godzilla vs Kong. Very entertaining. The plot and the human characters are shallow, but that's fine, as we all know that Godzilla and Kong are at the center of the stage. :)

I thought Godzilla v Kong was the worst film I've seen in a long time. And I love Godzilla type movies!
To me,
The best kaiju movie is still pacific rim 1, and the hilariously campy and cringe worthy Japan godzilla vs ultraman eons ago. Also maybe, Spiderman Japan (the one with huge robot)

Anyway, I was baffled with Zavala cameo on godzilla v kong movie lol. Pretty much useless

To me,
The best kaiju movie is still pacific rim 1, and the hilariously campy and cringe worthy Japan godzilla vs ultraman eons ago. Also maybe, Spiderman Japan (the one with huge robot)

Anyway, I was baffled with Zavala cameo on godzilla v kong movie lol. Pretty much useless
Totally agree, I even have Pacific Rim in 4K Blu-ray, now that I think about it! May give it a spin again soon.

Back