ID@Xbox and Twitch present Indie Showcase [2021-03-26]

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Details copied from @ https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/18/idxbox-twitch-indie-showcase-march-26/

ID@Xbox and Twitch Team Up for First Indie Showcase on March 26

upload_2021-3-18_12-31-21.png

We at ID@Xbox, the Independent and Digital games publishing program for Xbox, love indie games. It’s in our blood. Technically, it’s also kind of in our name. Turns out our friends at Twitch also love indie games. When we found that out, we thought “we gotta collab!” So, I’m thrilled to announce the first /twitchgaming Showcase: ID@Xbox!

Here’s the who, what, when, where and why:

Who: ID@Xbox, /twitchgaming and more than 100 (!) games from independent developers based all over the world.

What: We’re featuring tons of independent titles, including brand new game announcements from developers and publishers such as DrinkBox, Curve Digital, Devolver Digital, Dear Villagers and others. During the showcase, we’ll debut new trailers and gameplay for more than 25 games, including S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, Second Extinction, The Ascent, The Wild at Heart, Voidtrain, Exo One and many more. We’ll also be making announcements about independent titles coming to Xbox and Xbox Game Pass. Community-favorite Twitch Streamers will host the showcase and conduct interviews with developers, take fan questions and maybe even drop some game codes.

When: Set your reminders for Friday, March 26 at 9:00am PDT. Note that this occurs in the window where the time has changed in the US but not in other parts of the world, so plan accordingly. For example, the showcase will be at 16:00 in the UK, not 17:00 as it usually would be.

Where: You can watch the /twitchgaming Showcase: ID@Xbox exclusively on Twitch at Twitch.tv/twitchgaming or Twitch.tv/xbox.

Why: Because we, Xbox and /twitchgaming, love indie games and supporting independent developers!

We hope you can join us for all the new debuts and announcements on Friday, March 26 at 9:00am PDT at the first /twitchgaming Showcase: ID@Xbox! For all the latest ID@Xbox news, be sure to stay tuned to Xbox Wire and @ID_Xbox on Twitter.

Announce video but doesn't show anything new.

I would love to see this shine again like the 360 era. I bought so many of those games like lacrosse, racing games, etc.

Anybody watching this?

Moonglow Bay looks great! Reminds me of The Touryst.

Here are others announced...

Narita Boy

The Art of Rally

Omno

The Wild at Heart

Tommy McClain

Even more...

Astria Ascending

Among Us

Lawn Mowing Simulator

Nobody Saves the World

Soup Pot

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
Two and a half hours into it and well you can't say xbox doesn't have any games anymore. Otherwise this is exhausting.

They should have Done a trailer dump at the start and with each trailer have pointing to a future time where they do a deep dive in the stream.

I guess this is the typical format for TwitchGaming, but many did not know that and so the unexpected format turned a lot of folks out.

It's great to see developers being so passionate about their games.

Summary of event provided by ID@Xbox at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/26/idxbox-twitch-showcase-recap/

Wow, what a show! We held our very first /twitchgaming and ID@Xbox showcase that spotlighted over 60 games coming to Xbox, including over 20 of your favorite indie games that will launch day one with Xbox Game Pass. The show was also filled with developer interviews, awesome new announcements, as well as new trailers and gameplay. Our very own Senior Director of ID@Xbox Chris Charla also shared that independent developers have earned over $2 billion dollars since the program’s inception and the release of over 2,000 titles with ID@Xbox. ICYMI, you can watch the full event here.​

• Adios (Mischief)
  • Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield (Headup Games)
  • Airport for Aliens Run By Dogs (Strange Scaffold)
  • Alba: A Wildlife Adventure (Plug In Digital, ustwo games)
  • Alchemic Cutie (PM Studios, Viridian Software, Vakio)
  • Among Us (Innersloth)
  • Art of Rally (Funselektor)
  • Astria Ascending (Dear Villagers, Artisan Studio)
  • Atrio: The Dark Wild (Isto)
  • Blaster Master Zero (IntiCreates)
  • Chivalry 2 (Koch Media, Tripwire Interactive, Torn Banner Studios)
  • Cloud Gardens (Noio Games)
  • Clouzy! (TinyMoon)
  • Craftopia (Pocketpair )
  • Dark Alliance (Wizards of the Coast, Tuque Games, ForwardXP)
  • Death’s Door (Devolver Digital, Acid Nerve)
  • Demon Turf (Fabraz)
  • Despelote (solimporta)
  • Echo Generation (Cococucumber)
  • Enlisted (Gaijin Distribution, Darkflow Software)
  • Exo One (Future Friends Games, Exbleative)
  • Exomecha (TwistedRed, Nail AKINCI)
  • Griftlands (Klei Entertainment, Skymap Games)
  • Hello Neighbor 2 (tinyBuild)
  • Iron Corbo: Kung Fu Janitor (2DOS Games )
  • Knight Squad 2 (Chainsawesome Games)
  • Lake (Whitethorn, Gamious)
  • Last Oasis (Snail Games, Donkey Crew)
  • Lawn Mowing Sim (Curve Digital)
  • Little Witch in the Woods (SKT, Sunny Side Up)
  • Loot River (straka.studio)
  • Lost Eidolons (Ocean Drive Studio)
  • Mad Streets (Craftshop Arts)
  • Moonglow Bay (Coatsink Software, Bunnyhug)
  • Narita Boy (Team17, Studio Koba)
  • Nobody Saves the World (Drinkbox Studios)
  • Omno (Studio Inkyfox)
  • Onsen Master (Whitethorn, WakingOni)
  • Princess Farmer (Whitethorn, Samobee Games)
  • Rust (Double11, Facepunch Studios)
  • Second Extinction (Systemic Reaction)
  • Song of Iron (Escape)
  • Soup Pot (Chikon Club, Chryse)
  • Spaceline Crew (Coffeenauts)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (GSC Gameworld)
  • Super Space Club (GrahamOfLegend)
  • The Ascent (Curve Digital, Neon Giant)
  • The Big Con (Skybound Games, Mighty Yell Studios)
  • The Forest Cathedral (Whitethorn, Wakefield Interactive)
  • The Last Stop (Annapurna Interactive, Variable State)
  • The Riftbreaker (Exor Studios)
  • The Wild at Heart (Humble Bundle, Moonlight Kids)
  • Twelve Minutes (Annapurna Interactive, Luis Antonio)
  • Voidtrain (HypeTrain Digital, Nearga)
  • We are the Caretakers (Heart Shaped Games)

Thanks BRiT, I had to finally get shit done at work. LOL

BTW, Lost Oasis looked cool & the console version is available today in Game Preview. Evidently it's been on Steam for awhile?

Tommy McClain

It's cool to see so Microsoft showcasing so many indie games and developers.

Although, it's also interesting from another perspective. Many of these indie games have been on Steam for a while, and when they first came to Steam they were obviously a bit janky (early access) and some people I know used to use some of these games as examples of why Steam sucks (their developer friendly open publishing policy). It just goes to show that there isn't a great way to know beforehand whether a game will turn out well or not, but without Steam, some of these games would never have seen the light of day as the developers wouldn't have a way to get a revenue stream to keep development of often raw and janky early access builds going. Obviously it's abusable (there's a lot of crap on Steam), but just as obviously some people are likely to think some of these games suck while others will find that they are irresistible gems of gaming while others (AAA developers) might see something that inspires them to incorporate elements into their future projects. And at least for me, I'll gladly accept crap on the storefront that I'll never buy if it enables some of the absolutely fantastic indie games that we've gotten over the years solely due to Steam having such an open publishing policy.

Regardless, I'm just so glad that these developers are getting more exposure to a hopefully larger audience that doesn't pay much attention to indie games or watch Twitch variety streamers that dive into some of these janky early builds looking for the promising aspects they contain.

Regards,
SB

It's cool to see so Microsoft showcasing so many indie games and developers.

Although, it's also interesting from another perspective. Many of these indie games have been on Steam for a while, and when they first came to Steam they were obviously a bit janky (early access) and some people I know used to use some of these games as examples of why Steam sucks (their developer friendly open publishing policy). It just goes to show that there isn't a great way to know beforehand whether a game will turn out well or not, but without Steam, some of these games would never have seen the light of day as the developers wouldn't have a way to get a revenue stream to keep development of often raw and janky early access builds going. Obviously it's abusable (there's a lot of crap on Steam), but just as obviously some people are likely to think some of these games suck while others will find that they are irresistible gems of gaming while others (AAA developers) might see something that inspires them to incorporate elements into their future projects. And at least for me, I'll gladly accept crap on the storefront that I'll never buy if it enables some of the absolutely fantastic indie games that we've gotten over the years solely due to Steam having such an open publishing policy.

Regardless, I'm just so glad that these developers are getting more exposure to a hopefully larger audience that doesn't pay much attention to indie games or watch Twitch variety streamers that dive into some of these janky early builds looking for the promising aspects they contain.

Regards,
SB
Game Pass is such an obvious solution to the issues brought about by Steam's open platform policy that it's somewhat insane to me that Valve doesn't have their own curated subscription service, though I expect given the way Valve is organized that it would be fairly difficult for them. If they can't automate it they don't seem that interested in doing service related work. Hell, that open policy seems heavily driven by a desire to not have to actually moderate the content on their platform.

Being able to get into a smaller more curated sub service is huge exposure that you get paid for rather than having to pay for. That's pretty huge for indie devs.

Back