Current Generation Games Analysis Technical Discussion [2020-2021] [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
my bad i thought Demon Souls Remake was 1440p.
But yeah point is PS5 can render games at 1440p, even if the final output is not because of some weird Sony's decisions.
UC4 and TLOU2 are 1440p on pro, so that's the resolution they are rendered at on PS5.
The PS5 can render at whatever internal resolution. What is being discussed is output resolution, and for that it can only do 1080p or 2160p, not native 1440p.

The PS5 can render at whatever internal resolution. What is being discussed is output resolution, and for that it can only do 1080p or 2160p, not native 1440p.
No, what's being discussed is excusing TH5 not rendering at 1440p on PS5 because it can't output that resolution.

No, what's being discussed is excusing TH5 not rendering at 1440p on PS5 because it can't output that resolution.

It can, but not at that resolution and fps combo, most likely due to the CPU taking away juice from the GPU at those fps ranges (120fps).

It's mathematically weird this one.

Half joking, and I know it won't be popular, I wonder whether games could get commoditised resolutions?

It is game console, 1440p support is a gimmick.

If someone chooses that they only use tech not made for consoles, it is their fault. Monitors are for computers, simple as that.

If 0.01% games on monitor, it is their right but they have no right to complain.

Same as complaining that ps5 dont support scart.

It's like some users make these issues on purpose and then blame others, weird.

my bad i thought Demon Souls Remake was 1440p.
But yeah point is PS5 can render games at 1440p, even if the final output is not because of some weird Sony's decisions.
UC4 and TLOU2 are 1440p on pro, so that's the resolution they are rendered at on PS5.
No you are correct. We are discussing what resolutiom the GPU is actually rendering at. Demon's Souls is being rendered at 1440p regardless of the output resolution.

5700xt doesn't have problems with 1440p 120+ fps, so xsx behave as it should and ps5 not

This 5700XT has 448GB/s bandwidth just for the GPU, has 4 extra compute units (that matters), might also be overclocked, and perhaps uses different graphical settings.

Doesn't the PS5 and X next gen upgrade feature upgraded visuals?

Last edited:
This 5700XT has 448GB/s bandwidth just for the GPU, has 4 extra compute units (that matters), might also be overclocked, and perhaps uses different graphical settings.

Doesn't the PS5 and X version feature upgraded visuals?
It has 448 band. also in other games when ps5 behave as it should. Different(better) graphics over pc version ? I don't know to be honest but don't think so.

Doesn't the PS5 and X next gen upgrade feature upgraded visuals?

Not to forget that that RX5700XT OC doesnt have to part with the CPU for power delivery, ie its never going to have to downclock, only upwards. In high fps modes like 120, this is bound to hammer the cpu more then the usual lowly 60 or even 30fps title.

According to NxGamer, PS5 should be 1440-1800p but it reconstructs from 1018p-1528p currently? Does he expects PS5 to be 2x better natively without CB?
couse it should looking what xsx performance is in the perf mode and how ps5 perform in same settings graphic mode

He is doubling down on his series s is a last gen console stance huh.
Guess sometimes people interpret things differently as it's not what I heard.
I heard, solid 60 which last gen couldn't come close to doing.
Updated graphics in graphics mode.
In performance mode graphics are generally closer to the high end last gen console, given the cost of XSS and for a cross gen game, sounds pretty good to me.

But as I said, guess it depends on what people are expecting and interpreting.

Reactions: snc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back