Formula 1 - 2021 Season

drive to survive season 3 should launch today

edit: i can watch it now, nice

Last edited:
ExZ_I0mXMAIv7I-

ps: Steam has a sale of Codemasters F1 games 70-75% off (ends 29 march)
pps: Just for fun one of the bugs fixed in the latest patch
"Addressed an issue where tyre temperature could be at absolute zero after re-joining a session."

Last edited:
If you want F1 2019, get it for $5 in Fanatical's Nitro Bundle 2 along with Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, WRC 7, and TT Isle of Man 2 (plus two more). Yeah, they've all been superseded, but that just means they'll run better on your system. (F1 2020 only added Vandevoort and Vietnam, neither of which we raced at last year, and didn't add any of the cool tracks we did see.)

Still hard to figure out the pecking order. I'm not sure of anything other than Haas will be crap this year (again), sadly. Even if the Ham-Bot and Ver-Per intra-team battles will end up disappointing, I'm excited to see what Nor-Ric, Oco-Alo, and Gas-Tsu cook up.

ExavKo6XAAM2iaN

Kimi's session was ruined by early spin, fixing the car took quite a while from the 1h session

Just for reference, Bahrain 2020 saw Ham top P1 and P2 at ~1:29:0, which dropped to 1:27.2 in Q3. Everyone seemed to progress .5-1.0s each session from P1 to Q. Either they're holding back (and I think the Mercs said something about the engines being turned down over the radio in P2), or the combination of the reduced floor, first race, and new tires has substantially slowed everyone. Williams and Haas were sub 1:31.0 last year in P2.

Yeah, Kimi lost the rear and hit the front and rear into the barrier, thus the long repair / check.

I just bought Fanatical's Nitro Bundle 1 (because it has a couple of games that support vr)
I also got a 5% off voucher that has to be used within 30 days so give us a shout if anyone wants it...

Gasly is very impressive here. He qualified in Q3 using medium tyres (AFAIK even Verstappen used soft), the only others using mediums in Q2 were the 2 Mercedes.

Gasly is very impressive here. He qualified in Q3 using medium tyres (AFAIK even Verstappen used soft), the only others using mediums in Q2 were the 2 Mercedes.
I wasn’t paying full attention, but AFAIK the Mercs, RBs, and McLarens started Q2 on mediums. Ricciardo and Perez had their first times deleted bc they ran wide on T4. Perez went again on mediums but couldn’t get it done.

Mazepin (spin at T1) and Sainz (engine stopped in S2) affected a few cars at the very end of Q1.

Bottas went out first and so didn’t get a tow for the last, fastest runs in Q3.

Aston Martin look nowhere, hopefully held back by limited testing and bad luck so far. Tsunoda’s Q1 time would have been good enough to get him into Q3, had he been able to repeat it. AT, McL, and Ferrari look like a promising mix.

I wasn’t paying full attention, but AFAIK the Mercs, RBs, and McLarens started Q2 on mediums. Ricciardo and Perez had their first times deleted bc they ran wide on T4. Perez went again on mediums but couldn’t get it done.

Mazepin (spin at T1) and Sainz (engine stopped in S2) affected a few cars at the very end of Q1.

Aston Martin look nowhere, hopefully held back by limited testing and bad luck so far. Tsunoda’s Q1 time would have been good enough to get him into Q3, had he been able to repeat it. AT, McL, and Ferrari look like a promising mix.

I think Perez had yellows on his second attempt. I have a suspicion he will move up in the race, I think he can get very close to podium despite poor quali.
Alpha, at least on this track is a surprise package and I expect interesting things from their new Japanese driver :)

Good job by AlfaRomeo as well and nice to see Alonso making it all the way to Q3.

Fingers crossed for exiting race, but all is pointing towards interesting Sunday, so lets GO!

You are right about Verstappen. But both mac laren were in soft in their qualifying Q2.

Back