Microsoft Project xCloud (Game Streaming), now offering Fortnite free without GPU membership

In my case, I find myself steaming in the house from the PC to laptop / TV /Phone much more than I used to. I don't always want to sit in the office to game. There's also the lack of downloads when just trying something out on GP. Also when XSX hits the servers it kind of postpones the point where I might want to upgrade. Horses for courses and all that, but I'm quite excited by the prospect.

That is just a console replacement, like I stated before ;)

I use Xcloud for a weird reason, which is I like to play Destiny, but I often uninstall it for a few days to better force myself to stay off it. Yes, I'm weird. This means I know I have a 30-45 minute install which is a helpful barrier to playing more Destiny (it only takes that long to Dl the entire 70GB game on my 400 mbps connection).

However sometimes I'll notice a Destiny mod I need on sale at an NPC via a daily twitter bot. I can just hop on my S7 tablet via Xcloud, and grab the mod and I even got a dedicated controller for it free too in Samsung deal.

The thing I've noticed that gives it the edge over Stadia is, I own all the Desrtiny expansions on Xbox. It's free on stadia but only the base game.

On Xcloud the loading can be longer though, as I believe it's matchmaking with regular Xbox players, where Stadia can at times be more instantaneous with loading. Not a huge deal though.

So to me that is the unforseen deciding factor in favor of Xcloud over Stadia. With Gamepass you will have an instant library. Of course in theory you'll pay for it too (I'm still on the $1 gamepass thing for a few more months). But it's one more thing to make a gamepass sub worth it.

Definitely a cool option.

I do notice it actually looks significantly worse and jaggier than the Series X version. As far as I could tell the lag is exactly the same as Stadia, which means crucible is unplayable, but it would be ok for light PVE. That is though earlier tonight the Xcloud D2 lag seemed less than any playsession before, maybe they brought new closer to me servers online, or maybe it's my imagination.

I also got one of those Razer Kishi's for the phone thing, but Destiny on such a small screen isn't all that fun either. More of a cool proof of concept.

I wonder how far along they are with replacing the cloud OneS instances with SeriesX blades. Even if they still one OneS or SeriesS versions, it will load so much faster not running on those puny Jag cores. Even if still streaming at 720p the game quality should be improved for games which have current-gen patches.

I think there's still an event scheduled sometime in the next week about the state of xCloud and GamePass. Hope to find out more when it happens.

I wonder how far along they are wil replacing the cloud OneS instances with SeriesX blades. Even if they still one OneS or SeriesS versions
Something I've been very curious about.
With the world wide chip shortage that's going on, I wonder how effected its been.

Something I've been very curious about.
With the world wide chip shortage that's going on, I wonder how effected its been.

Me too. The number of concurrent player actually streaming is likely to leap with the iOS/PC rollout. At the moment I doubt they have many players who are using streaming for the majority of their play time.

Me too. The number of concurrent player actually streaming is likely to leap with the iOS/PC rollout. At the moment I doubt they have many players who are using streaming for the majority of their play time.
I wont be able to find were I saw it, but someone at xbox said there are more people in south korea who are streaming xbox games using xcloud than own xbox consoles. And in the announcement of xbox's partnership with SK telecom (I think, it was with a south korean telecom firm) to push gamepass ultimate in South Korea they said their goal was to get to iirc 2-3 m subs in South Korea alone by 2025

I wont be able to find were I saw it, but someone at xbox said there are more people in south korea who are streaming xbox games using xcloud than own xbox consoles. And in the announcement of xbox's partnership with SK telecom (I think, it was with a south korean telecom firm) to push gamepass ultimate in South Korea they said their goal was to get to iirc 2-3 m subs in South Korea alone by 2025

At present, public previews for Project xCloud are being provided in the United States, United Kingdom and Korea. According to Microsoft, Project xCloud preview participants in Korea are on average spending 1.75 times more time gaming and revisiting three times more compared to the participants in the United States and United Kingdom.

https://www.sktelecom.com/en/press/press_detail.do?page.page=1&idx=1441&page.type=all&page.keyword=

Tommy McClain

On YouTube there are some videos with Xbox Cloud gaming on PC test app with downloadlinks for sideloading (I would never download such apps from unknown sources). Some of these videos are 2-3 weeks old.

Xcloud x64 has been available to employees for almost a a year now> i've used it on a surface hub and a neo.
So it`s "only" test app for developers/employees?
xCloud per Windows 10 - Microsoft al lavoro per introdurre le funzionalità di streaming e cloud gaming sull'app Xbox - Aggiornamenti Lumia

At the moment, unfortunately, we can only share with you some elements (we could also call them real evidence) that prelude to the arrivalof xCloud within the official Xbox application for Windows 10. In other words, while Microsoft is currently testing the cloud gaming service through a standalone application such as Xbox Game Streaming (Test app), on the other hand it is planning the launch (which in our opinion is getting closer and closer) of the gaming service directly with an update of the Xbox app, thus integrating into the application already available on the Microsoft Store all the streaming features: Xbox Remote Play (for streaming from Console to PC) and xCloud (for cloud gaming):
(Translated with Edge)

Back